Addictions

megakiller32

I can't stop playing the new Zelda O_o

I think I'm losing weight from forgetting to be hungry.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i realy gotta ask. what is it in smoking that makes some teens become obsessed with it. now i've always been tempted due to depression and stress but from the one time i tried it it was a instant turn off. felt and tasted horrid having this smoke go flowing down my throught ( i can never spell that word right) i know for a fact i dont want to smoke as those ad's actully DO scare me but alterativly i cant think of anything thats helping me atm, along with parents who'd kick me out of course. -.-

Popoto.~<3

Nicotine,and that other thing.

Don't try it though,they originally found 4 chemicals that give a higher chance of cancer.Well now that number's 67.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

i realy gotta ask. what is it in smoking that makes some teens become obsessed with it. now i've always been tempted due to depression and stress but from the one time i tried it it was a instant turn off. felt and tasted horrid having this smoke go flowing down my throught ( i can never spell that word right) i know for a fact i dont want to smoke as those ad's actully DO scare me but alterativly i cant think of anything thats helping me atm, along with parents who'd kick me out of course. -.-

Usually social pressure. If everybody is doing it - depending on how highly you rate it as stupid at the time people usually cave in to one thing or the other.

My first cigarette tasted like putting my mouth over a fuel tank, if there was a spitting contest I would have won it :lol: But EVERYBODY in my "group" smoked and I felt left out. Slowly I built a tolerance to it and my body craved the nicotine.

As I got older, I realized it was a waste of money and with the amount of times it's contributed in some form or the other to my mums hospital visits and surgeries, it's scared me from touching them ever again.

For women at least, some of the answers I got in a research report where because it makes them more social, they find it fixes their anxiety when talking to others and also keeps the weight off.

As an ex woman smoker, I found those answers to be similar. And with research, I also found these answers to be true. There is a social pressure for women to be thin and a woman who smokes is on average 3 kilos lighter than those who do not.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

and also keeps the weight off.

Ya know if that actually did work, I wouldn't feel the urge to quit lol :P

Me and my mother are both big women and both smoke, and it certainly has done nothing for our weight (although my mother has more of an excuse for being big, a HUGE hernia in her tummy area the size of a softball. not fun. plus diabetes doesn't help the matter)

If only it were true in all cases lol I don't think many woman would care about the health risks :P

I gained nearly 20 pounds/10 ish kilos by quitting... but that probably doesn't encourage you either :ohnoes:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I gained nearly 20 pounds/10 ish kilos by quitting... but that probably doesn't encourage you either :ohnoes:

Lol..

If I quit, I'd probably lose weight because I'd actually be able to breath...

Too bad quitting would also cause huge problems with everyone here.

Lol..

If I quit, I'd probably lose weight because I'd actually be able to breath...

Too bad quitting would also cause huge problems with everyone here.

Care to explain that last bit?

We would get angry?

As for me I guess a small addiction to caffiene. Whenever I have an energy drink or pop like mountain dew or Dr. Pepper, I find I normally have a few more that day and then 1 or 2 for the next couple days, then its basicly gone. I don't drink energy drinks or pop though (very rarely) since I am also incapable of properly digesting caffieene (massive stomach cramps not unlike those that lactose intolerants get when the drink to much milk). I probably can't digest it because I went 7 months without ANY caffiene and now go several months at a time without it. Now I attack the kiwi juce thing with passion, I am probably sugar deficient now.

Oh, and I am DEFINATLY addicted to...melted butter? You should see me make popcorn or rice =P~ No margerine though. That stuff is just [cabbage], only real butter for me.

randox, you sure it's not just the massive amount of sugar you intake when you drink a couple of energy drinks? That'd be kind of weird if you couldn't digest caffeine. If you want to test it, try drinking coffee.

randox, you sure it's not just the massive amount of sugar you intake when you drink a couple of energy drinks? That'd be kind of weird if you couldn't digest caffeine. If you want to test it, try drinking coffee.

Suppose it could be the sugar. I have pretty much given up on the refined sugar since it sets off a chronic illness if I have to much. I'll pass on the coffee, I can't get past the smell. The reason I suspect the caffiene is that I do know the stuff is really bad for people with intestinal illnesses (but then again I think that refined sugur, mostly surcrose, is held in the same regard). Either way, I normally avoid the pop and whatnot since it definatly makes me regret it for about 30 minutes afterwards (with enough regret to carry on after the pain stops).

Yeah, coffee alone will do that too. Quite awhile back I couldn't drink coffee without cream (and even then, I could only have 1 cup every two days or so) for 2 and a half years because of the after effects of a stomach condition.

Peer pressure is a big one (as goddess said). A friend of mine once told me that social smoking (when a friend just gives you a sig for the hell of it) is usually what gets you started. Him along with many others have offered me a smoke once in a while and I've always refused as well as accepted and respected my non-smoking devotion. Almost everyone has ever given me a negative reaction after I say "no thanks, I don't smoke"

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )