My Guide To Blackjacking - Fastest xp to 91 thief. Update!!

Gin_and_Tonic

Even if the update does kill blackjacking, what does it really matter for thieving? People now are just going to have to settle for what 20k xp/hr less in PP which is much easier on your eyes/fingers.

What a ridiculous thing to say... If they took out Granite and told everyone to power mine Iron, or vice versa, it would be horrific...

Not everyone can PP... Nearly any level player can blackjack with not problem at all... Even at level 3 you can do, if you're very careful...

As for pickpockets being the same, they're not...They used to be two different motions.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide is amazing!

i rly thought that PP was the fastest way!

too bad jagex ruined it :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

nice job tho! 9/10

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

Even if the update does kill blackjacking, what does it really matter for thieving? People now are just going to have to settle for what 20k xp/hr less in PP which is much easier on your eyes/fingers.

First,it is not only the matter of speed.You'll make lesser money with PP(and blackjacking can collect the reward easily but you'll need to spend time to get things for teleport machine)

And the speed matter,PP is far more slower than blackjacking before you can attemp the highest level of PP...even with the highest level PP,the 20k exp does matter.(thats why those fisher would rather go to shilo but not go to monkfish)

Well....let me do some conclution about the graphical/emote change.

-you cant watch the emote to time yourself now

-you must hear the sound to pickpocket

I guess nobody will be training using Blackjack anymore :( Good thing I got it up to 81 with Blackjacking before this :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

First,it is not only the matter of speed.You'll make lesser money with PP(and blackjacking can collect the reward easily but you'll need to spend time to get things for teleport machine)

And the speed matter,PP is far more slower than blackjacking before you can attemp the highest level of PP...even with the highest level PP,the 20k exp does matter.(thats why those fisher would rather go to shilo but not go to monkfish)

Why does everyone think you lose money doing Pyramid Plunder? I made a ton of money from getting 99, and I didn't get one sceptre. The key is to keep all of your trinkets. If you just use a dueling ring after every run to bank and then tele back, you will not only get enough trinkets to recharge your sceptre, buy also make alot of money by the time you hit 99.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Why does everyone think you lose money doing Pyramid Plunder? I made a ton of money from getting 99, and I didn't get one sceptre. The key is to keep all of your trinkets. If you just use a dueling ring after every run to bank and then tele back, you will not only get enough trinkets to recharge your sceptre, buy also make alot of money by the time you hit 99.

well....if you try to get more,wou will waste more(time).you must face the truth that blackjacking is faster......if you really want the money,runecrafting will just for you.

I tried this after the graphical update and it was exactly the same...I didn't have any trouble at all getting in 2 pickpockets per knockout. I don't see how it's been ruined at all. The pickpocket is the same speed, it just changed the animation.

I tried this after the graphical update and it was exactly the same...I didn't have any trouble at all getting in 2 pickpockets per knockout. I don't see how it's been ruined at all. The pickpocket is the same speed, it just changed the animation.

Exactly...2 pickpockets per knockout is easy. The method just requires a little more coordination timing.

2496 Completionist

Gin&Tonic it is vital you read this, because you're method is far from ruined, i did some testing and figured something extremely nice things about blackjacking, if you follow the normal procedure you wil have the following messages:

"You smack the bandit over the head and render them unconscious."

"You attempt to pick the bandits pocket"

"You pick the bandits pocket"

"aww my head<- screen dialogue from the bandit" and you see him stand up.

but however if you do my advice you will not have all the animation crap and instead it'll be ->

"Screen dialogue=Aww my head"

"You smack the bandit over the head and render them unconscious"

"Screen dialogue=Aww my head"

"You smack the bandit over the head and render them unconscious"

etc etc...

The pure difference is that you rightclick the bandit just before the 2nd pick pocket and immidiately click the "Knock-Out bandit(level 56) and you will just have a text dialogue on the screen and he will lay down and you can keep on picking his pocket, thus avoiding the stupid moronic and senseless animation that ruined the easyness of your method

This method however requires pretty shard reflexes as it has to be close to spot on clicking, (a few miliseconds delay is inavoidable lol :geek: but too long a delay and you risk he'll stand up and be able to give you the "I'll kill you for that!" message which starts combat and isn't very "Nice" to have when doing menaphite... :/(it's fine with bandits because you just go up the ladder in the tent that's advised in your guide...)

I hope i clarified that this guy has yet to be nerfed(in other words it still works) :thumbsup:

Edit : typo

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

Yeah, sorry guys. I've know about it not being nerf'd for weeks but been too busy to sort it out.

Im going to rework this guide and make it far better as im on course for my 99 thieving goal.

Adellund, many thanks for your post. I'll impliment it into my guide.

87-91 - around 200 xp an hour

:ohnoes:

Nice guide though, glad you've put it back up, however I'd prefer Plunder as it's more entertaining (and I haven't done the quest for these #-o ) but some may prefer this way. :)

imagangster.png

87-91 - around 200 xp an hour

:ohnoes:

Nice guide though, glad you've put it back up, however I'd prefer Plunder as it's more entertaining (and I haven't done the quest for these #-o ) but some may prefer this way. :)

Blackjacking is definitely not an entertaining method of training thieving, but it allows nearly all levels to try at a high rate.

Even with 10 hp you could do :P (though i'd be bloody hard not to get killed)

Once i hit level 85 (About 200k xp) im going to start timing the xp i can gain in 20 minutes with 100% attention - I'll do this for every level and try see if i can find a steady increase.

Im going to continue to update this thread as i train thieving, so if you have an questions or requests just post here :)

Dang.. This is revolutionary!

Not only is the exp great, but 200k profit an hour is pretty nice!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Uhh, question: Do you fail less at higher levels?

Yeah, you do.

From about 65-70 i failed alot, but after about 75ish its alot less frequent.

At 84 i get caught about every 30-40 or so attempts.

Its frustrating, but you use alot less food than at PP