Adult swim sucks

Harakiri

I always found Beavis and Butthead incredibly boring :? .

The only shows i really liked form adult swim was Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Home Movies.

The rest of the shows didn't caught my attention, but meh... they don't even air adult swim anymore in my country... :|

Home Movies is still one of my favorite shows. Maybe try checking out Frisky Dingo laucha, it's another great one on [AS].

I always find Beavis and Butthead boring too.

Thanks Nadril :) I'll try to check that show out, it's a shame you can't watch the episodes on the [As] website if you don't live in the U.S.A. I am going to do some research in the internet.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Beevis and Butthead ...

Anyone seen Drinky Crow? Looks interesting, and the Flight of the Conchords gang appear a lot.

Also, I want to watch Frisky Dingo. That's all.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

What I wanna know is what happened to GitS(ghost in the shell). [bleep]ing amazing show, although you gotta see a lot of the episodes to understand the story behind it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Robot Chicken is the only comedy show left on adult swim that I can stand. It really has become crap; everything else seems to just be inane and childish and/or boring and stupid.

Which kind of sucks because adult swim is nearly 100% 'comedy' nowadays.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Robot Chicken is the only comedy show left on adult swim that I can stand. It really has become crap; everything else seems to just be inane and childish and/or boring and stupid.

Don't get me wrong, Robot Chicken is funny.. but it certainly isn't sophisticated humor either. :P

I'm so, so tired of Family Guy. I watched it before it was cancelled the first time (You know. Before it was popular...), and some of the old episodes were at least clever. Now it's kind of gone the way of the Simpsons and is like an old dog that needs to be put down. It's the same fart jokes, racial jokes, celebrity jokes, ect. over and over and over again, and what's worse is that kids buy right into it and don't even realize that the show they are watching is recycling the same crap over and over like Ren & Stempy. Hate to break it everyone, but Family Guy isn't funny and even in its heyday was rarely funny.

Only drunks like Family Guy because it's one obvious over-played joke after another, in which you don't have to think about the joke that was told. You see the fat man with the funny laugh laugh, and follow like a [developmentally delayed]ed turkey. The polar opposite of that kind of humor is represented in shows like Futurama. There are oodles of hidden jokes and references throughout each episode, many of which are very niche specific and not a lot of people would get them, which is the reason why many of you here might not think it's funny.

I hope Family Guy goes down like a plane in flames, but this time stay dead instead of coming back with brain damage.

Meh I find family guy funny. It's not an overly intelligent show, the jokes aren't crazy clever (although it does get it's moments that's for sure) but it's funny none the less. Whatever.

Also anyone else think the new show Look around you is [bleep]ing hilarious? I usually don't like the Live Action stuff on [AS], but this is an exception. Really funny show.

I never found it to be funny, but then it came on [AS] so I caught it a few times.

It's a damn funny show. You probably do have to be American to get it though, because if you know people like those in the show it's so much funnier because it's so true. :lol:

Wait..wait.. Since when the hell did King of the Hill get classified as 'adult'? Anyways, I think its a damn funny show, and I'm not American. The characters are just funny as hell, especially Bill, Dale and Boomhauer.

happysigbp0.jpg

Don't get me wrong, Robot Chicken is funny.. but it certainly isn't sophisticated humor either. :P

Robot chicken is cruel but hilarious.

"One of these kids is not like the other! One of these kids is not like the other, one of these kids is dead!"

jjroxlu7.jpg

I didn't say it was; it's the only unsophisticated 'humor' on the channel that I find even remotely funny :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I didn't say it was; it's the only unsophisticated 'humor' on the channel that I find even remotely funny :P .

I kind of thought so, the way you put it though was odd.

And you're telling me you didn't/don't like shows such as Home Movies or Frisky Dingo Reb? :(

From what I've seen from Adult Swim, you must enjoy characters hurting themselves, disgusting sceneframes, and pointless-stupid jokes.

Half of the stuff look like it was made from bull [cabbage] and the other half from wanna-be witty writers.

I hate it when a "mature show" has to have repeative and gross things in it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm still amazed I'm the pretty small minority here who enjoys a lot of the current Adult swim lineup.

King of the Hill: Great show, very funny. I've never really watched it before but the characters have great personalities. It really grows on you.

Family Guy: Whatever, it's still got plenty of funny moments. You can go on and on about how the first 2 seasons were the best, whatever, but I still laugh.

Robot Chicken: Still funny for cheap laughs.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Great, obviously. Even the new season is still funny after they got through the first few iffy episodes.

Mission Hill: Currently playing on the lineup, really funny show if none of you have seen it before. I believe it originated on the WB, but it's got some great style and humor. Not a "gross out" show either. Just some great wit.

Superjail: I could [bleep]ing go on about this show. Yes, it is a very "gross" and violent show, and if you don't like that turn away right now. However you would be missing an incredibly animated show. While it lost a little steam near the second half of the first season the first half is [bleep]ing gold, the animation is brilliant and it's damn funny. Really though the show can be a mind [bleep], it's amazing. One of my favorites out of the current lineup.

Squidbillies: Can be great or iffy, depends on the episode. Still it's got some golden stuff I think. Not one of my more favorite shows, but still worth watching.

Home Movies: My favorite show on Television. Even though it is canceled now they still show it on [AS], and it is incredible. Hands down it is the funniest show I have ever watched, and even better the show goes for witty, intelligent humor instead of cheap gags. Trust me, watch a few episodes and you'll fall in love with the characters, they are easily some of the best. Coach McGuirk is the best cartoon character ever to grace the screen, an alcoholic soccer coach (for elementary school) that lives alone. Sounds kind of basic, but man, he's a well written character. All of them are.

But really, I could go on for pages on this show. It is incredible.

Metalacolypse: It's from the same brain that was behind Home Movies, and it has a lot of the same awkward humor in it. While I enjoy Home Movies more Metalacolypse still is a great show.

Look around you: This is a new live action show on [AS] and, while most live action shows are iffy (Tim and eric, tom goes to the mayor) this one has some great humor. I would check it out if I were you guy's.

Xavier: Renegade Angel: First of all, the humor in this show is heavily based around puns. At times very bad puns as well. But that is what makes it so damn funny, not to mention the entire mind[bleep]ery of the show in general. And while I may be in the minority here, the art style and direction of the show is incredible. The very early looking 3D graphics work wonders for it.

Frisky Dingo: Another one of my favorite shows, heavily based around repetition humor and on going gags (so it may not be as funny unless you watch it back to front). It still shows now and then, and I believe a 3rd season is in the works.

Venture Brothers: Great show, and I almost forgot about it. It's hard to really say something about it, it's one of those shows you really need to watch. It's incredible. :P Another one you want to watch back to front.

I do think there is some iffy shows though, don't get me wrong. Tim and Eric has few moments which would make me laugh, and mostly it just ends up being one of those things you can't turn away. Tom goes to the Mayor can have it's moments, but usually I mute it. Saul of the Molemen actually was a really funny show, but haven't seen it in a while. And I've never watched fat guy in the internet.

Also I'm iffy on Drinky Crow. I think I just don't really "get" the humor, or it's not my kind of humor. Art Direction is good though.

But really, would anyone disagree with the shows I've listed here that I enjoy? While [AS] has some rotten eggs in it's lineup a lot of it is still really funny. And, for the most part, really not "gross out" humor (except for Squidbillies and Superjail).

Superjail can be funny in the very beginning when that freaky guy is always being taken to the prison by the robot, but the show kind of makes me want to vomit at times. (Alice :-X )

Bleach is okay, but when will it ever reach a conclusion?!?! :wall:

Death Note is always awesome, in my opinion.

Xavier: Renegade Angel is just gross and makes me scared of CGI.

Morel Orel is funny.

Metalocalypse is funny.

Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job! is funny (in a weird way), stupid, and disgusting. (I remember this skit they did where they puked up shrimp.)

Tom Goes to the Mayor just isn't my kind of humor.

Saul of the Mole-Men is stupid, but I can see how it's kind of funny.

King of the Hill is always awesome. (I grew up in Texas, hehe.)

Family Guy is my all-time favorite show. (Apart from House, which isn't Adult Swim-related.)

Robot Chicken usually has me laughing until my ribs hurt.

Look Around You is a show I haven't seen yet. It looks stupid, with stupid humor.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Home Movies: My favorite show on Television. Even though it is canceled now they still show it on [AS], and it is incredible. Hands down it is the funniest show I have ever watched, and even better the show goes for witty, intelligent humor instead of cheap gags. Trust me, watch a few episodes and you'll fall in love with the characters, they are easily some of the best. Coach McGuirk is the best cartoon character ever to grace the screen, an alcoholic soccer coach (for elementary school) that lives alone. Sounds kind of basic, but man, he's a well written character. All of them are.

Kinda sucks that they only air it at 5:30 am now.

Up yours [adult swim]!

I have my idea for a schedule for [as]

10:00 - King of the Hill

10:30 - King of the Hill

11:00 - Family Guy

11:30 - Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast

11:45 - Superjail

12:00 - Robot Chicken

12:15 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force

12:30 - Home Movies

1:00 - The Boondocks

1:30 - Mission Hill

I haven't really watched enough Space Ghost to really find it too funny yet. I'm sure it's just because I've never watched it much though.

Also Xavier: Renegade Angel Season 2 started today. Man it is a wonderful show.

I love the Valentine's Day-inspired TV show line-up that they had. :lol:

I also went to their website to check out their games, and they're kinda funny-ish, but get old quickly.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I have more to say about Adult Swim. I'm serious, a lot of the shows on AS actually scare me. :lol:

Xavier: Renegade Angel: For some reason, I actually watched an episode of this. It's really insane. Seriously, I mean, the humor is just bizarre and just really screams the style of AS. Wow. I guess it's kind of funny, though.

Look Around You: I actually love this show. I watched it once late at night, and I really fell to liking it. I only really enjoy it late at night, but it's great. I love the narrators: "Here we see the typical snowman, with batteries for eyes and a calculator for the mouth." "HELLO."

Squidbillies: I haven't watched this in a while, but I sometimes enjoyed it. Can't really say the same right now, though, but it's okay.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Great, as always.

Robot Chicken: I'm not so sure what the new episodes have come to, but it's still okay. It's usually always entertaining.

Family Guy: A great show, and it's still funny.

The Drinky Crow Show: Uhh, no. I don't really like it. The jokes aren't that good. I guess it's interesting to watch, and that's important to note: All AS shows are usually interesting and somewhat entertaining to just watch and to note their uniqueness, but as far as general entertainment, I just don't like it that much.

I found Saul of the Molemen to have a good story to be honest.

I hate Tim and Eric, I really really do.

I like drinky crow thou, good animation.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.