Should double wielding be allowed?

Lem2222

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest it like this:

The weapon on the left hand should only give of its attack/str bonus and does not attack unlike the first weapon. However, you may choose to use the spec bar from either one of the weapon or choose to attack with the weapon at the left hand, in this case, only 1 weapon can attack at one time.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I always liked that Idea of a prayer that would allow you to weild a two handed weapon with a shield. You could only do this while the prayer is activated, and it would be some pretty fast drainrate.

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

Or they could make a weaker weapon for going in your offhand which would be weaker than normal weapons but would still have some good offensive bonuses.

I like that idea. I think they could be called defenders \'

Used to play a game with duelwielding, and if it hadn't been for careful development when the game was released it would have been op. Basically, they set it up so for all classes but rogues, if you chose duelwield, you lose most if not all of your passive defense (a mechanic that works like RS defense), so basically your only defense was how much resist you have on your armor and how much hp you have. You also lost 33% of each weapon's damage, although this still meant you were hitting around 33% harder thanks to two weapons. You usually had better accuracy thanks to the extra enchants you could get on your second weapon.

Although I think it would be a bad idea for RS, if they were to reduce weapon damage by 33%, defense by 50% or so, accuracy by 25%, and maybe even slow the attack speed a bit, it might be workable as a weapon for pures - but all that would do is add more fuel to the "luckscape" factor of this game, which is the reason I've left this game once again.

Or they could make a weaker weapon for going in your offhand which would be weaker than normal weapons but would still have some good offensive bonuses.

I like that idea. I think they could be called defenders \'

Sounds about right. I mean honestly, they've managed to boost the max hit by 1 or 2 and they add +20 accuracy to the whip.

As for the idea regarding lowering defence if you could dual-wield, have any of you heard of rock crabs, or prayer-training, or anything else where defence doesn't matter and max hit is supreme? Not to mention that even in PvP we'd be seeing a lot of double ko's.

Go get a defender or a godsword if you want improved max hits. I know that my godsword has a max of 43 while my whip with DFS has a max of 33... on slayer assignments while super-potted that is. I have horrible melee stats.

mr_moron72.png

Look at my evidence of geekdom... MWAHAHAHA!

If dual weilding were to come around they would have to make it work with the current system or design a new one.

I suggested having a magical stone as a rare drop which equips to your shield hand and clones your current weapon in one "metal" less (dragon to rune, rune to addy) this would balance it. (I hope)

If they were to do this another way I would say higher attack and agility would come into play.

stupidest game ever...

http://www.godsoftime.com/?p=657704

No, the most we should have is be able to choose which hand we have the weapon/shield in (ie left handed characters). Dual wielding is just too powerful.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

DDS special x2, about 30-30 30-30, times 4 for each special bar, an ice blitz (22) and some poison(5), throw in the special of the steel titan (I've heard about 70?). And you have the ability to one hit a godwars boss.

Now you tell me that aint overkill :lol: .

Dual wielding is a really good idea, and has been implented in many other games. But if Jagex wants to make something even stronger these days, they will really need to fiddle around with defence and hitpoints.

Oh and another thing, if the items both have the same stats, 2 of those items would double those stats, so now you have doubled the stats, hence hitting twice as hard, and twice as fast. Making it the equivalant of 4 times that weapon.

That would be a rather nasty coding Jagex would have to be doing. Simply having to rewrite a lot of codes, and the fact that it would make us too strong gets me to the conclusion that Jagex simply won't ever even try.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I'm losing faith in humanity >.<

Dual wielding would only work for weapons specifically designed to be duel wielded. Two whips, a crossbow and whip, or another crazy combinaison is obviously overpowered because those weapons are balanced for single-hand wielding with a shield, and it won't change, they are always going to be like that. There are never going to be 2x whips or another crazy crap like that.

Torags hammers, when you wield them, it automatically fills the shield slot. You buy one weapon, but it is actually two weapons. They are balanced for dual wielding. None of the weapons we have right now can be used for dual wielding. We need new ones, such as bronze/rune/dragon twinblades, weapons made for dual wieling, and that when you equip them, they automatically fill the shield slot. You wouldn't be buying two twinblades, two items, but one item that would consist of two twinblades that automatically fill the shield spot. See the parallel with torags hammer finally?

The whole argument that 2x whips or w/e is overpowered is a waste of time because obviously it wouldn't work that way. ANY idea can be broken to look stupid. If you don't like dual wielding, just say it, instead of making up crazy 2x whips scenarios to try to make the idea appear impossible. Really, are some of you just so pessimistic by nature that you feel the need to discard all the cool ideas that players come up with? Oh I see, it's much more fun to be miserable and complain about Jagex constantly isn't? "Boohoo jagex is evil, they just want money, they always add swallow pointless ideas" *insert cool idea* "OMG no, dual wielding would never happen because 2x whips would be too overpowered and blah blah blah" "Night/day and weathers is just SOO pointless! Man, forget it." "Pff I don't want good graphics, Rs is perfect like it is!". You people are insane.

Great, now let's all convince Jagex that all the good player ideas are bad. That way we get to keep whining! Yay!

2480+ total

To be honest, I don't see a point..

"AHAH! TAKE THAT GREATER DEMON! I just hit you with my right hand, oh wait, look out, HERE COMES MY LEFT!"

The combat system works fine as it is, I mean it's not like duel wielding would make it any faster or "cooler', if anything it'd make it slower.

The way I see it, the majority of these "twinables" as highlanders put it, would fall into the same "I'll-never-use-this-weapon-because-it-doesnt-give-the-best-xp" category with Daggers, Shortswords, Longswords, Maces, Warhammers, Claws, Etc. Etc. (with the exception of Dragon items of course) And with time, it'll just be another useless item in the game, that never gets used.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

possibly. IMO, double wielding is here already in the shape of the defender.

First, shields should become much more important for def. That way, you really need think about the worth of wielding an additional weapon vs the hefty loss of defense. Than it could be a nice addition to the game.

i'm still waiting for a dragon defender >_>

with the current array of weapons, making them dual-wieldable just doesn't make sense. i agree with highlanders (though not his rude attitude) that they would need to make new weapons that just come in pairs (and pairs only).

fishing.gif

No. Imagine double DDS', double whips, double d b axes, double d scims, double d maces. =\

People can already hit enough. Double wielding would be horrible. =P

Bonus_Track.png

Is this related just to melee weapons?? Because if it isn't, imagine the chaos you could cause with a whip *AND* a rune crossbow!

double = two of the SAME ?

While double would mean 2 of the same normally, with dual-weilding, we are basically talking about being able to weild 2 weapons at the same damn time, like in Halo 2 (never played 3), where you could equip an SMG with a Needler or a Magnum or a Plasma Rifle, etc, etc. Really, we already have that with defenders and Torag's.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Double wielding to be implemented would have to deal an extra 50% to actually be worth implementing.

That 50% can be a lot or not much. I can also see it being limited to Daggers, and Short swords, and possibly Baxes.

To be honest it's too much of a hassle getting everything to be balanced, yet be worth dual wielding, RuneScape just isn't designed or based for it.

double wielding would be good but certain weapons should definatly be off limits, ie whips, b axes , even scimmys maybe

infact the only weapons that would be applicable for double wielding should be daggers and short swords imo

what would be kool would be some new weapons designed for double wielding, there should probally be high levels to be able to dual wield a type of weapon and a significant defence penality

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Alright, this can be solved people!

1: limit the weapons usable to strength and attack levels: Dual wield 2 rune daggers takes 60 attack, and 40 strength, dragon daggers would take 80 attack and 60 strength, as the weapon class goes up (dagger-sword) strength and attack requirements go up too, so a dragon longsword would be something like 80 strength, and 90 attack.

2: damage: would be INCREASED, because the total would be 120% damage (each weapon would use 60% of its normal damage) this may not sound like alot, but that right there is a salve amulet (e) ontop of your weapons

3: armour: this would make you more vulnerable, but isntead of a set -40 to defences ( as barrows would snuff that out) make your defences drop by a percentile, say.. 25% defence drop to all melee defences (range wouldnt be hurt and mage wouldnt suffer either) *this can be done, we have such bonuses with summoning, just as a bonus not a demerit*

4: weapon specials: these would remain the same. no change. you have 2 weapons, boohoo, 2 specials is too powerful, if anything they should be dropped altogether.

all inall, great for speed training on weaker slayer monsters, and alright for suiciding. prayer would make this so amazingly abusuable, but then again, prayer is just cheap.

speed probably wouldnt change much, a touch slower but nothing heavy.

hopefully that covers every base, i doubt it will ever be implemented but if it were, this is probably what you could expect!

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I would say they would have to incorporate agility into the skill. The higher your agility the less you damage yourself. And with 2 weapons i would think you would hurt yourself. We could also have guns! [/humor]

I agree with the above statement. With Dual Wielding we should have agility as a effect in it. Some examples of Dual wielding could be found in Kotor 1 or 2 or Halo2 where Dual wielding Increases damage but has a penalty because of using the off hand.

Dual weapons should also be small for ex. Short swords, daggers, Axe . Or like Kotor 1 long weapon and 1 short weapon. Double whips would be over powered.

Another Idea can be implimented that if you dont have high enough agility the weapon will back fire and hurt yourself. :ohnoes: But good ideas everyone please continue to discuss. :thumbsup:

I would say they would have to incorporate agility into the skill. The higher your agility the less you damage yourself. And with 2 weapons i would think you would hurt yourself. We could also have guns! [/humor]

I agree with the above statement. With Dual Wielding we should have agility as a effect in it. Some examples of Dual wielding could be found in Kotor 1 or 2 or Halo2 where Dual wielding Increases damage but has a penalty because of using the off hand.

Dual weapons should also be small for ex. Short swords, daggers, Axe . Or like Kotor 1 long weapon and 1 short weapon. Double whips would be over powered.

Another Idea can be implimented that if you dont have high enough agility the weapon will back fire and hurt yourself. :ohnoes: But good ideas everyone please continue to discuss. :thumbsup:

You attack the monster

You hit 20 damage

Oh no! You slip and drop you short sword. It impales your foot

You loose 15 hp

:lol:

People would have a dds in one hand, and ancient staff in the other. =\ That could cause some flamming.

Naw, it would only cause a nerf. But I have to admit, a staff/weapon combo would be deadly. It would completely throw off the combat triangle. I mean magic and mele every other hit would be pretty powerful :shock: Or a mage/range combo :lol:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m