Should double wielding be allowed?

Lem2222

Staff + staff would be handy, but could cause stuff like chaos runes to go up. Since you can fire bolt metal drags by wielding a fire and an air staff. >.>

Bonus_Track.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People would have a dds in one hand, and ancient staff in the other. =\ That could cause some flamming.

Don't think dual wielding those would cause any more of a problem than it is now. The DDS will only be useful for its special, so why dual wield it? Currently you can just switch to it for its special and switch back, even if its a hassle, it's very similar. Increased damage wouldn't help much either (in this case), since the DDS is fairly weak and the Ancient Staff is, well a staff.

icecube7.jpeg

People would have a dds in one hand, and ancient staff in the other. =\ That could cause some flamming.

Don't think dual wielding those would cause any more of a problem than it is now. The DDS will only be useful for its special, so why dual wield it? Currently you can just switch to it for its special and switch back, even if its a hassle, it's very similar. Increased damage wouldn't help much either (in this case), since the DDS is fairly weak and the Ancient Staff is, well a staff.

Ancient staff to auto cast ice barrage, or blitz. And the DDS to special. It's not hard to do now, but being able to duel wield those could cause some people flamming/quitting because of people duel wielding those 2 items in BH.

Bonus_Track.png

I think its a really, really bad idea. It would be way too easy for rich and strong ppl to make more money, and easier for others to lose money..

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

Well, what if you simply did 1/2 damage to yourself?

You deal a ridiculous amount of damage, but also lose hp quickly

Double damage, 1/2 life

Wouldn't be used much though. It would be a great finisher however.

-Reck

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

If they were to introduce Dual weilding in the game, I think they would have to lower all hits, make every weapon weaker, then it would make dual weilding fair. Because some weapons would be extremely overpowered. So making them weaker would make it fair. And to dual weild a certain weapon you need to be 10 levels over single weilding. So 50 for dual rune weapons etc. But I think it would be cool to have dual dragon daggers, 4 hit special :P

Just imagine if this happened and you saw a vid on youtube where a GWD boss was killed in one shot. :lol:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Dual wielding would only work for weapons specifically designed to be duel wielded. Two whips, a crossbow and whip, or another crazy combinaison is obviously overpowered because those weapons are balanced for single-hand wielding with a shield, and it won't change, they are always going to be like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HAHHAHAHA [/sarcasm]

Of course they can not be adjusted to fit the dual weapons, of course not, i mean, they are java game experts, what can you expect? it is impossible to change them a little bit :roll:

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Dual wielding would only serve to make the differences between weapons twice as noticeable.

They would have to power up 2h swords loads if they were going to introduce this, and I honestly don't think that they ever will.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I honestly think that this would not be a good idea. It is cool but it would totally change our combat system. Also, it will affect way to many things other than just combat. Weapon prices, the smithing skill, etc.

I'm not sure if someone said this already but if this does happen, we should only have certain weapons that can be dual wielded in a certain combination. Maybe even make new weapons in the game especially made to be duel wielded. Like nunchucks (if I spelled that right :lol: ) If you only have 1/2 of the special weapon then it won't be as effective in combat or you can't use it.

I don't really know, just throwing things out there.

Primeaction.jpeg
Not all F2Pers are beggars or scammers, some are respected members, but these respected people are over-populated by these beggar and scammers.

Dual wielding would only work for weapons specifically designed to be duel wielded. Two whips, a crossbow and whip, or another crazy combinaison is obviously overpowered because those weapons are balanced for single-hand wielding with a shield, and it won't change, they are always going to be like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HAHHAHAHA [/sarcasm]

Of course they can not be adjusted to fit the dual weapons, of course not, i mean, they are java game experts, what can you expect? it is impossible to change them a little bit :roll:

I don't know, but I heard that some crazy lunatics think that would be overpowered. Don't know where they got that idea.

"Look out here comes whip A, okay time for whip B!"

Yeah, good luck with that. Btw, don't use sarcasm, you suck at it.

2480+ total

It is pretty cool, obviously.

2 whips would completely nail the head over godswords

Thanks, Mr obvious. Who's talking about making it possible to wield two single hand weapons? That wouldn't be balanced aside from how ridiculous it would look to use 2 single hand weapons at the same time. Those are always going to be with shields. Stuff like torags hammers, except useful, is how we'd do this.

Well to be honest, there wasn't much to go with when the guy started this topic. All it said should double wielding be allowed... Take a chill pill dude.

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but the truth my lovely "dude" is that abyssal whip was using it as an argument against dual wielding. "Zomg 2x whips, that's overpowered! Thus dual wielding is bad" Any idea can be broken if that's what your looking for. Obviously 2x whips is not going to happen.

Well to be honest, there wasn't much to go with when the guy started this topic. All it said should double wielding be allowed... Take a chill pill dude.

2480+ total

It's a good idea but then you should make sure people don't get huge advantages by wearing dualwields. You should do: your primary weapon does 100% damage and your secondary only 60% by exemple. This way people with dualwields wouldn't own everyone else.

Because in my opinion that's the hardest part about that, how can you perfectly balance it.

_Cry_Ing.png

_Cry_Ing.png

_Cry_Ing.png

i think that double wielding should be aloud but the 2nd hand weapon should need a higer attack lvl and it should be less acurate and strong as it's not your dominant hand laso maybe your def should drop a bit? :P :P

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Even if they did add a certain type of weapon that could be dual weilded, I doubt it'd be favored over str boosting items such as beserker sheilds and defenders.

That is, unless dual weilded items hit more frequently and allowed +10 extra damage. That might make them favorable IMO.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah it should be allowed, but only certain weapon can be, like daggers and short sword.

Yeah at least i might give the short sword some uses.

Of course you have to tweak the stats of those a little.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Yeah it should be allowed, but only certain weapon can be, like daggers and short sword.

Yeah at least i might give the short sword some uses.

Of course you have to tweak the stats of those a little.

I'm thinking the same as nicrune008.

_Cry_Ing.png

_Cry_Ing.png

_Cry_Ing.png

Dual weapons would be fun.

Whip and Rune crossbow? Yes please. But it would need some tweaking.

1). They do not hit at the same time.

E.g. Whip hits. Rune crossbow hits. Whip hits. Rune crossbow hits. And so on.

2). The special bar would be a single one. Hence People will not be able to 8 spec people, as they would be limited to a single spec bar.

3). Increase the requirments as most people suggest by 10. Such as Whip to 80 attack and rune cross bow to if they are used as a dual weapon.

4). Speed would be tweaked somehow. Somehow...

5). Not all weapons can act as a dual weapon.

It would also give an incentive of 90% (based on my experience) of RuneScapers to train a different combat skill.

But hey if it never gets implemented, people can always just stay with switching - seperates the lazy from those who actually take advantage of the combat triangle.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation