Blizzrds WWI announcment, what is it? DIABLO 3 ANNOUNCED!

Nadril

http://www.blizzard.com

What do you guys think it's for? WoTLK? Perhaps Diablo III? Or what about some new starcraft thing?

Or, a new game entirely?

From what I have gathered from various sites there are 4 "runes" around the splash image. One is from WoW (Frostmourne), one is from Diablo II (Hel rune or something) and one is from Starcraft. However, the 4th one is some sort of universe which no one is really sure what it is from.

The diablo fanboy in me is really hoping it is Diablo III, and if you look around the net there is some pretty damn good evidence to it.

Either way Blizzard is certainly the king of creating hype, and this has me excited for the announcement this Saturday at WWI.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the rest of the internet population (well, most of it), I'm hoping for a Diablo III announcement. Gotta say though, I love them for the hype they manage to create each time. So yup, pretty excited!

2009rb9.jpg

:wall: The three prime evils are dead. Let the Diablo franchise die.

I think it is either the release date for WotLK (kinda doubtful since its apparently in alpha still), or perhaps the opening video for the game.

That or its a brand new game. I am doubting it is anything else.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I would [bleep] so hard it'd blast all memories of Starcraft: Ghost out of the collective consciousness.

Haha, yeah. I'm curious about it too. Have always enjoyed Blizzard's games. Would be a real shocker if it was a Starcraft MMO.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

diabloeyes.jpg

good god I hope this is right.

Blizzard is doing a fantastic job at this. Other companies tried to do the whole viral thing and failed (Cough*microsoft*cough) but blizz once again proves they can be awesome at anything.

Tk5SF.png

Well, it also fits Arthas and a protoss picture too, so that reasoning is out the window.

But looking at todays, im starting to become disheartend. A pentagram? And not to mention the forehead of what ever is there kinda looks like the original Diablo's.... I so hope it isn't true :| Let a great series die.

I also think that a pentagram could refer to WotLK cause of how important undead are to the expansion.

[hide=stuffs]lichkingrr2.jpg

ff64f1239cced3d84748387cea234fd4.gif[/hide]

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Lion, from what I understand Diablo III has a lot of options it can go at. I don't remember them but I remember reading a bunch back in the day.

I think one of them was a heaven vs hell type of thing.

the newest one lines up with the eyes of arthas on that splash image, and theorists are starting to doubt diablo 3 after the most recent change.I wish wish wish that its diablo 3 but i agree with some people that the recent change making the eyes more prominent could kill it off.

Btw this is pretty good publicity, every day im seeing a gaming news article about an image change

tifsdac6mc.gif

Lion, from what I understand Diablo III has a lot of options it can go at. I don't remember them but I remember reading a bunch back in the day.

I think one of them was a heaven vs hell type of thing.

Had to comment on it because i agree.Out of the blizzard trifecta of IP's (sorry lost vikings) Diablo has the most room to develop and inovate.Starcraft is stuck because they cannot fiddle with the game mechanics too much because of its competitive play, its like counterstrike and the upgrade, the hardcore CS players just did not move on because they changed fundamental mechanics to the player like reload speed on guns.With Diablo it doesnt have the stigma and so they can be more experimental.Im not just excited as a fan of diablo but blizzard have been eager to try something entirely new with an IP and since where not exactly seeing it in Starcraft or WoW it makes it more and more likely when we here news like the buying of the Diablo3 IP that Diablo 3 will be coming soon.

Also the heaven hell idea would be awesome, an Arch-Angel please?

tifsdac6mc.gif

Thats Def the Lich King face coming through the fog on the screen. Look at the forehead above the eyes, then just google search the Wrath of the Lich King and you can see an already released image and match it up. I wouldn't put $0.01 on Diablo III at this point.

The Warcraft line is probably their best selling and most played games, its the image of Blizzard. You don't think they'll play this up in every way possible.

My money is on something to do with WoW.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Krieg, it lines up pretty perfectly to all 3 of blizzard's main franchises. You can fit Diablo, Arthas and a Protoss there pretty well.

I still think it's a new game, Diablo III or not. They're just shooting themselves in the foot if it's something stupid about WoTLK.

I seriously am hoping it's Diablo III. The only thing concerning me is that it wont have the feel of the original two, because most of the original developers left.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I seriously am hoping it's Diablo III. The only thing concerning me is that it wont have the feel of the original two, because most of the original developers left.

I don't think we'd miss the origional devs that much. I mean, think about it.

Hellgate:London

Case closed.

Krieg, it lines up pretty perfectly to all 3 of blizzard's main franchises. You can fit Diablo, Arthas and a Protoss there pretty well.

I still think it's a new game, Diablo III or not. They're just shooting themselves in the foot if it's something stupid about WoTLK.

I agree about shooting themselves in the foot.

I guess it could be a new game, but graphic wise it only truely matches up to the Lich King. His brow is the only one that comes to a full point between the eyes like the graphic. And the only one that has very slim devious eyes that dust out to the side. New character/New game....perhaps. Otherwise it looks like WOTLK to me.

It just amazes me that one company is willing to take on production of 3 new games at once. Already Starcraft II, and WotLK....do you seriously expect them to start another? If so then wow, what a task.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I don't think we'd miss the origional devs that much. I mean, think about it.

Hellgate:London

Case closed.

You are harsh dude :P , although i suppose hellgate does deserve some bashing being that they had to wipe out 100,000 accounts in china and they pretty much wiped away all of EA's profit in 2007.

Oh and on a podcast i was listening to earlier, apparently blizzard are revveling in all the assumptions people are making and disecting the splash screen day-by-day

tifsdac6mc.gif

Im gonna qoute this:

Thanks to some clever hacker, it's been proven that no one's website -- Even Blizzard's site -- is safe from usurping. With their Worldwide Invitational taking place tomorrow in Paris (9 hours ahead of us), it looks like Diablo III is set for unveiling tomorrow, and with it my life as a free man goes down the tubes. It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say that Diablo II pretty much spelled doom in a past relationship, and if the new game is anything like it, I'd better start making plans for the future. Chains, shackles and bonds will be needed to tether me away from my computer. Diablo III will undoubtedly do what Hellgate was unable to, and that is to keep me playing night and day.

[hide=]media?id=3565972&type=lg[/hide]

i hope this is not soem photoshop jobby but in this case you cant be certain because its editing and the peeling away of th editing which is making this so interesting.

tifsdac6mc.gif