What are your talents?

Zierro

I decided it's time for a thread where you are free to be as arrogant as you please. \'

Personally, I'd say I have some talent in coming up with some unique bass riffs. I just started playing this year, but I'm actually surprised that I can come up with music that gets stuck in my own head. So what are some things you are talented at?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. hrm.. talents...

Art. I've been expoosed to it all my life. I can even draw some decent anime stuffs ^_^

Digital art. -points at sig/avvie- Yeah, those are mine.

Different crafts. Crotcheting, knitting, sewing, jewelrymaking, polymer clay. I think you get the idea.

Cooking. Throw stuff in a pan and have fun. Fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants meals ftw.

Baking. I can make a mean chocolate cake, and my brownies are nummy ^_^

And.. Unlike alot of my family, I can actually carry a tune in a bucket.

I play a 9 piece double-bass drum set for my own metal band. We are in the studio right now recording our first EP.

I play hockey. I am a 2 year All Conference defenseman and voted MVP of the team for 2 years.

I play tennis. I won conference Freshman year at #4 singles. Qualified for the sectional tournament all 4 years of High School. Took 3rd place at #1 doubles this last year and qualified for the Wisconsin State Tennis Tournament.

I am the center snare for the 3rd year for my HS's drumline. This last year we won the Wisconsin State class A best percussion award, best musical performance, and overall best band. This is all for field shows.

I am a 4 year letter winner in Hockey, Tennis, Band, the All-School Play (pit band), and 1 year of cross-country.

Whew. I did a lot in high school.

Oh, and I'm a pretty good debater :thumbsup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Necrobean... Judging from your stories on 'Ever Caught Them", you've GOT to have some sort of talent. :lol:

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

I can say almost anything and keep a straight face

I am very skilled with computers

I am very manipulative

EDIT:

very fast learner

fast climber

very good at balancing

stealth

all I can think of now

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I've always thought I learned faster than other people. I pick up new things faster, and so people think I'm better than them, but I'm not - I'm just learning faster.

So I end up being bored in school and stuff a lot, and people always come to me for help, because I'm finished. I learned it all the first run through.

I play the guitar relatively well, although not as well as I'd like to. Second place in the competitive talent show a couple weeks back \'

I play hockey, as well. Best Defence four years running, although I've never played rep.

That's what I do better than most people.

I like this thread. ::'

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I can't read music but I taught myself to play by hearing, I could do pieces by Beethoven and Mozart before the age of 14.

Poetry - Came 2nd in Australia's competition for under 18's and got my first poem published at the age of 12.

Psychology - Almost have an autistic fix on the subject and it's something I'm good at. Can point out underlying problems people don't tend to see.

Business ideas - I'm 22, self employed and will never have to work for that [bleep]er in the office again. I'm looking at retirement around the age of 30 but still get to sleep in to whatever time I want.

Wisdom - Have had a very tough life only to come out on top.

Work ethic - My first job ever in a cafe' took me less than 3 months to fill in the role of management. Ever since then, I've never held a job rank lower than management and I thank my dad for teaching me most of what I know. Learn from the best worker, then beat him by going 1 step further.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I'm very good at English. In 10th grade I got a letter from the state asking if they could use my writing sample for those books they publish on the state tests. I was the only kid in my high school to get a 5 on the AP Lang. & Comp. test my junior year. I won my first poetry competition in 2nd grade, and in 3rd grade I was a finalist in the Reading Rainbow short story competition. I've gone to several spelling bees, also.

I was pretty good at Basketball until I fractured my spine playing it my freshman year.

I'm pretty much pro at Mario Kart 64.

And I'm good with cats, even though I'm allergic to them.

I'm a good listener, and very observant. I was on my school's forensics team and did pretty well at impromptu speaking and debate.

My talent is Baseball. I dont want to sound like a conceided douche, but im really good. When I was a kid (7-12) I use to make the paper every game for doing an amazing thing. Though now teens dont make the paper because they only do it for kids. Even though the chance is VERY slim, I want to become a pro baseball player.

GG.gif

I can pick holes in my friends argument before they realise its there and go "oh [cabbage]".

I can keep quite a good drumming rythym,just need a better drum set soon.

I can memorise things I don't need in school,like Shakespeare lines.I memorised the entire Henry V,only to realise no one had actually read it.My friends suck...

I can always come up with great excuses to get out of trouble.

I can lie damn well,unless I'm at a polygraph.I can't control my sweat glands...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I don't even no if half of these r talents, but they show something about me ::'

Piano - Been playing 4 like 9 years?

Art - I need my art teacher's help still lol

Basketball - I'm not on a team though, but if u c wat I can do sometimes :P I'm a very good defense and I almost fail at offense

Chinese - I fail at this :lol:

Math - :thumbsup:

Clarinet - I was forced 2 quit, but I can still play

Burping - Yeah lol (I do best with coke :P ) not really a talent lol

Staring Contest - Don't ask :) Same as above^^^

Making Freaky/Funny Faces - You don't want to see me when I force my eyes open :twisted:

Nail Biting - You should c my nails when it gets bad :XD:

Getting Good Grades - All A's baby :P

Forcefully Making People Laugh By Being Stupid - :lol:

If u don't want me 2 go on stop here, if u do then continue

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jumping - 22 in. vertical \'

Typing - My normal can b over 100 gwam average if I focus

Dancing - I no some uncommon dances, can't dance like those awesome guys though

Grip - Trust me once I start I don't let go, unless my arm is twisted in such a way that I have 2 let go

Double Jointed - I think I'm double jointed

Memorizing - I can memorize things quite well, I used 2 freak out (and still kinda do) if I missed 1 on a spelling test or any test that requires memorization because I thought I was getting memory loss :ohnoes:

Maybe I'll think of more

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Math. Apparently one of, if not the, best in my grade at school (Out of ~500 people). Also math team captain of the fourth best in the state. ::'

Memorizing. I have a pretty good memory...I once memorized the Periodic Table, and could easily get over a hundred of digits of Pi, if I focused on it (It's one of my goals this summer...). I also memorized the Preamble of the US Constitution in 10-15 minutes, while listening to my history teacher.

Music. I guess. I've played piano since I was 5, and I've never practiced trumpet but I'm decent.

Typing - I'm nearly always above 100 wpm, only when I'm distracted/thinking do I go below.

Defense - Um. Yeah. Er...Maybe not in video games, but in real life, especially in sports. I can see strategies well, and stop them.

Racing games - I don't know, I'm better at racing video games than anyone I know. Probably not better than everyone here, but still good...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

card throwing, i can throw a playing card about 100'

origami i can make flowers, cranes, etc

black jack, card counting ftw

art, im not as good as i like, but i have a grasp at alot of different things

running-3 seasons of cross country and track

legends2.jpg

i have hardly any talent in me. tried guitar...2 years later its still collecting dust.

i am good at photography though, only prob is my camera's film and my scanner is [cabbage]. so naturally i cant upload any to my dev' art page. though should have my own digi' in a few weeks.

besides that im realy skilled with weapons fighting according to my friends. <3 my swords.

oh and one that flogs all...i can make a paper chatterbox. ::'

Popoto.~<3

I am good at everything I ever tried.

So you haven't tried modesty yet then.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I am good at everything I ever tried.

So you haven't tried modesty yet then.

Oooooooooooooh! xD I'm sure he has, he just isn't trying right now. And after all, the intro to this topic DOES state that it's a bragging thread. ;) So.