A Guide to Hunting Waterfiends

oxidation83

@Hummingbird: THat;s exactly where I heard about both DHing methods. I didn;t want to link to them though, because they are on a different site and I do not want to give advice on something that I haven't personally ganed a decent bit of experience in doing.

@total: D Jay pretty much summed up what I hate about the CT. There are far too many randoms there that teleport you and cause monsters to become aggressive again. With maxed combat and a Steel Titan it might be worth it, but seeing as I have neither I'm not going to be giving advice on that.

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

First off I'd like to say nice job writing the guide, it is very detailed and extremely helpful.

I did 3 quick trips with this and accumulated 158 charms, 142 of them were crimson!

Awesome guide :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

• 1 month later...

This guide needs a bump and an AoW, it's awsome 8-) .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice and detailed guide; I check back here before every trip (I tend not to do trips consecutively).

My question is, though, why isn't Verac's a viable option? Surely hitting through armor/Defense while using crushed and having decent Ranged Defense and Prayer bonuses is a good thing.

Nevermind. Full Verac's is horrible at these, for whatever reason. Void protects me better from Ranged attacks, even.

2dgucz6.png

• 2 weeks later...
ye i like this, how about adding fire and nature runes for hi alching the drops, you will easily get 3-4 decent alchables which makes up for the slots taken by hi-alch stuff.

Much more efficient to just leave them on the ground.

For Dharoking, wouldn't it be best to swap a prayer pot for a holy wrench? If you have 75 prayer it gives 2 extra points per dose. 15*4*2=120 extra points, which is more than a prayer potion except for extremely high prayer levels.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

ye i like this, how about adding fire and nature runes for hi alching the drops, you will easily get 3-4 decent alchables which makes up for the slots taken by hi-alch stuff.

For Dharoking, wouldn't it be best to swap a prayer pot for a holy wrench? If you have 75 prayer it gives 2 extra points per dose. 15*4*2=120 extra points, which is more than a prayer potion except for extremely high prayer levels.

I don't want to get into a big efficiency debate, but are you seriously leaving Rune Med Helms on the ground?

Would you do that with any other monster?

Sounds like that GEICO commercial - "No thanks, I'm so rich, I think I'll just keep my seat."

2dgucz6.png

I don't want to get into a big efficiency debate, but are you seriously leaving Rune Med Helms on the ground?

Would you do that with any other monster?

Sounds like that GEICO commercial - "No thanks, I'm so rich, I think I'll just keep my seat."

Obviously you would keep high level alchables like adamant chainbodies or rune meds if you had room. But alching them is too much of a hassle and it takes up inventory space.

If I got my prayer up to 65, would I be able to kill them? (stats in sig)

You'd need higher combat stats too. No point getting it to 65, why not settle for 64? You get the same amount of points per dose.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 4 weeks later...
What sort of combat stats should I be aiming for? Dreads the reply of 80... :ohnoes:

Just guessing, but I'd say you should take a look at what he recommends...or the required ;)

I only have above teh required but i'm still gonna try it xD

Damn that 68 summoning and my lack of charms :wall:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

What sort of combat stats should I be aiming for? Dreads the reply of 80... :ohnoes:

If you really want to you can do them with your current stats; they'd still be better charms than, say, black demons or whatever. Waterfiends are far superior for charms than anything else besides rock lobsters.

To Oxi: What about 10% strength? It's not like Piety is the only boost prayer.

• 3 weeks later...

If you really want to you can do them with your current stats; they'd still be better charms than, say, black demons or whatever. Waterfiends are far superior for charms than anything else besides rock lobsters.

I tried that and it kinda drains fast and you wanna stay there longer... so er dont use it :P

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

I tried that and it kinda drains fast and you wanna stay there longer... so er dont use it :P

10% has half the drain of protect from range and banking takes <2 minutes, so it'll increase kills considerably.

• 2 weeks later...

Dh is not as fast as void + SS. Bandos + SS is my fav outfit. I get around 115 crimson per hour, I never broke 105 with bandos. With exacliber, you should never have to pray with a pony in either void or bandos.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Dh is not as fast as void + SS. Bandos + SS is my fav outfit. I get around 115 crimson per hour, I never broke 105 with bandos. With exacliber, you should never have to pray with a pony in either void or bandos.

Wait, you mean 115 with void + ss and 110 with bandos + ss, right?

And on the excalibur: Isn't an SGS better? It has 2 specials AND restores prayer. I haven't figured out the average healing of it, but hitting a 55 sgs spec is pretty darn handy. (just went on fiend trip)

Now my records so far (first time with uni and piety):

I recorded 2 trips:

Setup:

Void

Zammy spear

2 super sets

11-12 pray pots

Piety

1 unicorn (trips of 45-55 min)

First trip:

107 crimsons an hour (80 in 44min30s)

Perfect trip, no crowds

Second trip:

95 crimsons an hour (87 in 55min)

(took brews instead of super def)

Pretty crowdy :(

EDIT: I tried using SGS as my main weapon and got this:

waterfiendtripwithsgs.png

I'm surprised how good this is. It's about as good as z spear. I have to add that I had the full area for myself when using that sgs, so further testing is needed. Also, the SGS prayer bonus let me last around 10 minutes longer per trip, which adds up. (and might make up for the slightly lower rate)

Hi all,

I've been using this guide (with a little modification to take into account my stats) and must say its a damn good guide.

Have anyone tested G maul as a special weapon? I've been looking at it and wondering if its worth the 150k price tag for it.

PS Regen bracelet is better then combat and the extra health per second coupled with bunyip is great.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]