Combat Level =/= Total Level

nightzero

Ahh, I'm back to discuss(rant?) about another common insult that is kinda baseless. Why is it that many people are like omg nub you're 115 cb and you're total is only 1732. And then people will praise someone if they have (insert high total) and (insert low combat). Why should your total level be compared to combat :wall:? Some people like to do combat and not really noncombat skills(especially useless ones like fm which are only used to bring up totals :wall: ). Some people like to level up non-combat skills and not do much fighting. Why should either be better than the other?

Discuss ::'

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that people who say things like that are really stupid and should be ignored. Its a person's personnal choice to train combat skills or non-combat skills and you have no right to call them of noobs because of that. Especially when it comes to skills like Firemaking or Fletching, i remember some skiller calling me of noob because my fletching level was only 53 and my combat was 102, well sorry for not wasting my time on fletching and instead working on getting rich by kiling dragons for a visage!

~New Account~

Disturbedf43.png

Disturbedf43.png

The higher your combat, the longer you've played (most of the time). In that time, you could've gotten quite some total levels. That is how I see it. I, for example, like to keep my total high and my combat low. I got a 16.86 total level per combat level ratio atm, which is too low for me. Oh and for your firemaking comment, I got 75 because I wanted to be able to just burn every log available (apart from pyred logs, but I hardly use those).

2j3qh46.jpg

People bash other people for any reason possible. It's just a technique they use to boost their own self-esteem. The best thing to do is to not let them get to you. I view a level 138 as a highly respectable account, no matter what the total level is. I also admire those with high totals no matter what their combat is. They're both nice achievements in my eyes.

yeah, people should be able to play whatever way they want to and its their decision to be a skiller or a merchanter or a pker. other people dont choose so they should their own business.

and have you ever noticed that the person saying that you have a low total level for your combat always has less total than you have? so they dont have much to say

Money_Wasted.png

The higher your combat, the longer you've played (most of the time). In that time, you could've gotten quite some total levels. That is how I see it. I, for example, like to keep my total high and my combat low. I got a 16.86 total level per combat level ratio atm, which is too low for me. Oh and for your firemaking comment, I got 75 because I wanted to be able to just burn every log available (apart from pyred logs, but I hardly use those).

Your combat level is not by any means a way of calculating how long you've played. Neither is total level.

Besides, do you realize how many pest control products there are? People can get maxed melee stats in just a little under 2-3 months now. It's stupid.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Mostly because "combat noobs" play Runescape for the combat alone, mostly ignoring skills. If your total level is built on combat stats, you're not seen very well in Skillers' eyes.

I'm 117 with 1947 total. That's fairly well rounded. I'm a skiller, but I also do a bit of combat.

Your combat level is not by any means a way of calculating how long you've played. Neither is total level.

Besides, do you realize how many pest control products there are? People can get maxed melee stats in just a little under 2-3 months now. It's stupid.

Pc is slower then regular training now..

Designer Violence.

Well...

This one guy had heard about me and said he thought i was some level 125 combat...

I told him to look at my total level and he said "wow" before he ran away.

I might have been that 125 combat guy if i didnt get all non combat skills up all day long. -.-

Feels like i have a high total for a 114...

I would never judge anyone by their combat/total level/total xp. Although, I do respect someone that has a high number in any of those.

If you're a new player, with a low total and low experience, I could still respect you, as long as you maintain a good attitude (Different from those "begging noobs")

Good attitude and maturity makes me respect someone as a person. Levels makes me respect them as a player.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I find it strange how combat is compared to total level, too, but I figure it is also strange that somebody would play RuneScape primarily for the combat when there are other MMO's that focus more on the quality of combat.

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

Listening to what people say about your total level is like finding the stupidest most obnoxious people in real life and caring what they think.

(wait that's the way most high schools work)

But really it's all in what you decide. It is a game so whatever gives you the most enjoyment is what you should do, not what those arrogant people think.

And probably they will be able to find something wrong with your character unless he has completed every possible facet of the game.

britonlongbo.png

Listening to what people say about your total level is like finding the stupidest most obnoxious people in real life and caring what they think.

(wait that's the way most high schools work)

But really it's all in what you decide. It is a game so whatever gives you the most enjoyment is what you should do, not what those arrogant people think.

And probably they will be able to find something wrong with your character unless he has completed every possible facet of the game.

But then you are a no-lifer...ah well you cant please everyone.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Well it can all be solved pretty easily by just not getting offended by the word "noob". What does it even mean anyway? Hi, I hate you? Hi, you are inferior to me? Heh, jerks.

2480+ total

People are just idiots and just ignore them but they assume high combat meens high total level but you have to have something decent otherwise your a total idiot sorry.(I meen like 126 CB and like 1200 Total is sad) :wall:. But just assume and I guess are shocked when your pretty low. Most people enjoy mindless skilling or combat not both but the combat have some decent skills and vise versa. Idk why people flame you but I guess it's just shock :?: .

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It's stupid saying that high combat lvl should give you a higher total, because if you don't enjoy skills, don't do them? It's all about enjoying it. Play the game the way you want.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

But it depends on how you spend your time. Some people enjoy skilling, while others like killing things.

Why should you spend hours doing something you hate, if you dont have to? I think some people are forgetting that this game is supposed to be for fun.

BOO

Why should you spend hours doing something you hate, if you dont have to? I think some people are forgetting that this game is supposed to be for fun.

No more else needs to be said. Words of wisdom we should ALL frickin remember, people.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Ya, and then after those two months, they go GWD, get a few hilts, and get all buyable skills in 2-3 months (crafting, fletching, cooking, herblore, smithing). Same concept.

Quality posting at its finest.

There was an article somewhere back walking about guthix skilling or something? I remember in the article they took your total level divided by your combat, and if you had 15-17 levels to every combat level you were pretty balanced (16-18 now.) This is mostly unrelated to the arguement, but try it out and see how good you guys are

Now something more pertinent, I think that it's harder to play the game with a low combat level because survival is harder. This is why most people consider someone with high combat and low total undesireable as they play the game the easy way, whilst skillers are more risk-taking. It could also be that combat is more enjoyable than other aspects, so skillers are seen as harder workers.

Personally, I think someone with a low combat and a largely green quest panel is the most impressive, because most quests rely on you having a higher combat to beat certain parts, however to have a lower total AND combat and have certain quests completed is the most impressive, becuase some quests are a lot tougher with lower skills

signature.png

Some people just think thier way of playing is the "right" one and everyone should fall in line with it.

But as others have said its ultimately up to you to have fun as you play.

I do agree that having a higher total level deserves a bit more respect as it does show commitment and a better knowledge of the game (except in a few cases), but that is no reason to call someone a noob or whatever based on any other level.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Go on the official forums. Then look for people POSTING IN ALL CAPS or lyk sayn stuf lyk ths, u no, u c? Then look them up on the high scores. Just today I found that almost EVERY one of those idiots focused on combat, and not skills. Why? Non-combat skills take a certain type of person: a patient one. You're probably saying something like "but it's all the same amount of xp," and you'd be right, if it weren't for the strangest thing. You see, there's a reason why kids like pvp, it's easy to understand, and you can see who is the best. There is no gray area. It's either yes, or no. Non-combat skills, on the other hand, require comprehension. There is no best way to level them, nor is there a "best" skiller. No one can make potions better than anyone else. They can make more potions, but not "better" really.

Again, look at the posts, you'll see all the idiots that type with horrible grammar and English are either not native to the English language, or they are complete morons. In that case, they probably prefer combat, because it's just "click here, win."

It's all up to the person. They might prefer skilling or combat, so they will judge you upon that. They're not always trying to put it in a bad way. They're just trying to give their opinion. ;)

j0xPu5R.png