Combat Level =/= Total Level

nightzero

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well combat levels add too total levels alot so a level 138 with the noncombats as a level 95 will have the higher total.

it just means they play differently though a level 95 that has lots of 99s still has low exp in the combat part of the game just like the level 138 with 1500 total has low exp in the noncombat part of the game.

and total level doesnt mean much but how they got them....

i could get 4 totals getting 95-99 slayer or 76 con, herb, craft, and smith same amount of totals but waaaaaaay different length

the balanced person is the way better player a person that has 2300 total with like 70 in 2 skills and 99 the rest isnt as balanced as someone that has 2300 total with 90+ all

StarViv.png

[hide=]

There was an article somewhere back walking about guthix skilling or something? I remember in the article they took your total level divided by your combat, and if you had 15-17 levels to every combat level you were pretty balanced (16-18 now.) This is mostly unrelated to the arguement, but try it out and see how good you guys are

Now something more pertinent, I think that it's harder to play the game with a low combat level because survival is harder. This is why most people consider someone with high combat and low total undesireable as they play the game the easy way, whilst skillers are more risk-taking. It could also be that combat is more enjoyable than other aspects, so skillers are seen as harder workers.

Personally, I think someone with a low combat and a largely green quest panel is the most impressive, because most quests rely on you having a higher combat to beat certain parts, however to have a lower total AND combat and have certain quests completed is the most impressive, becuase some quests are a lot tougher with lower skills

Well I agree with you about quests and low combat.. but about it being harder to play the game at a low combat..not really. If you are mainly a skiller than you arent going into places that require combat. Whats so dangerous about getting 99 wcing and lvl 3 combat? Also if combat is more enjoyable then do combat..this game is about fun not who works harder :wall:

[/hide]

The game is harder for lower-combat-leveled players, but only for certain instances. A good example is agility, the ape atoll agility course is a great way to level agility, however it requires a lot of questing and combat (not necessarily monkey madness but requisite quests) that are more than difficult for a lvl3 (agility also reduces hp, so more hp=longer trips). this isn't ALWAYS the case but in some instances it is (slayer as well, you need a lot of lamps to get that stat up)

As far as the comment about enjoying the game; you'd be surprised what people can enjoy. Some like the sense of accomplishment and will play Runescape for that purpose. I personally gain levels and do quests so I can enjoy all the game has to offer, all of which has prerequisites that are less than enjoyable. You may think it odd, but the general consensus of skilling is that hard work entails a greater reward than immediate enjoyment.

signature.png

It's just losers who can't come up with better insult so they make one based on your combat level and your total level.

But it's not just your combat level and total level, alot people expect high levels to have 85+ Slayer.

Yah ive noticed a strange connection between combat level and total level which souldent really exist. When I was temporairly a non people would marvel at my combat lvl 102 at the time but then call me a noob when they found out that I had no 99 skills.

billybobj282.gif

I understand where you are coming from. I never judge someone alone on their skills.

You have to speak to them fist ;)

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

The reason to why so many people think that players with high combat and low total level are nooby I think is because they have themselves felt needed to train skills which they haven't wanted to train just to get up their total level. And they think that because of that they needed to train these skills which they didn't want to train just to raise their total level, nobody else should train just those fun combat skills.

Myself I find this behaviour stupid. We should all train those skills which we want to. This game is for fun, not for doing something we don't want to do.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

a lot of people are idiots especially tipiters in rate this

when i used to play i loved combat and nothing else. in turn, my character became a 125 (before summoning) with around 1500 total level. after summoning i was 133 p2p 126 f2p with around 1745 total.

even after i explain that i hate skilling, people go "wow raise non-combats noob"

Ahh, I'm back to discuss(rant?) about another common insult that is kinda baseless. Why is it that many people are like omg nub you're 115 cb and you're total is only 1732. And then people will praise someone if they have (insert high total) and (insert low combat). Why should your total level be compared to combat :wall:? Some people like to do combat and not really noncombat skills(especially useless ones like fm which are only used to bring up totals :wall: ). Some people like to level up non-combat skills and not do much fighting. Why should either be better than the other?

Discuss ::'

it will stop happening when people stop determining skill level by combat, its a neverending battle. if your level 3 with 1500 skill total your a newb because your level 3 but in reality overall skill total is the only way to tell who is better. combat is based off of 4 skills depending what class you are, total is all around.

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1