What is your ideal life?

Blipo

-Being in a band that plays music which we (the band members) all consider perfect.

-Being able to party with my friends all the time.

-A family of my own.

-A house with a scenic view. I don't care about the house as much as I do the scenery.

I really could care less about money. As long as I can get enough for food and party supplies (yeah, you know what I mean), I'll be happy.

Better start caring about money then, because 1) a house is very expensive to buy and maintain and bringing up children is expensive, 2) partying, playing in a band, and bringing up a family requires having spare time, which if you work for 45 hours a week can be extremely limited, 3) scenic views are very expensive because it suggests a house in a country area rather than an urban or suburban area

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone want only 2-3 kids? I plan on having a minimum of ten.

We'll probably be panhandlers, but, meh. We'll be panhandlers with awesome stories. "'Scuse me sir, could I have some change? I was conceived and born while my parents were skydiving."

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Ok here's the plan:

Start a company that creates eco friendly stuff, cars etc.

Eventually get enough money to buy a medium sized island somewhere.

Firstly, make the island completely eco friendly, 0 emissions if possible, or if not, balance them all out.

Then, continue with the company till even richer, and build housing all over the island.

Offer (almost) free housing on the island, and once enough people come, I will make it it's own country.

Since it will be the most enviourmentally friendly country in the world, it will attract more people. Slowly money from taxes will build up, and I buy more islands, and add them to my country.

More people will be attracted, to it slowly, and then buy more land from countries in the area, preferably 3rd world countries, so that they would need the money more than some of the land.

Boom I own a country.

Or not...

Anyway, a lot of people are saying they would rather be middle class or lower than rich, but in my opinion being wealthier would be better, but depending on how much you have to work/ what your job is.

Some technology is just too awesome to pass up at that point.

The real issue is getting wealthy though.

Being an engineer might be good.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Anyone notice how any thread Goddess posts on instantly becomes a hit?Go post on Falador Library,Goddess

Nah, I think she has posted on some of my threads, but they always fail at popularity. :lol:

Anyways, on the topic.

Short term goal is just having my own apartment in nice area. Currently i'm living with my dad, which isn't always so pleasant. This dream is almost accomplished and I imagine being veeeery happy for couple of months after moving out, just enjoying my own freedom to do stuff that you can do when you live alone.

Then my ideal life would be, going to job gathering money (already have a very nice job.. weee). And ofcourse; Having women. I like women, theyre very important in my ideal life.

I would be using the gathered money to travel. Adventuring around the world. Letting go of my life and just going adventuring, maybe becoming a hermit for a couple of months doing meditation and finding my oneness with the world in some forest, then going to mad partying for some time in southern africa or somewhere and then going back to the work routine and then going to a different adventures. I want to have lots of stories to tell. But I don't care if I don't live to old age to tell them all. One of my biggest dreams is to die laughing. I want to be able to do that, so I want to learn to live in the moment even more. And thats why I don't want to make any big plans, only short term ones.

That is my ideal life: learn to live in the now and let the wind guide my way. Actually I am living my ideal life now, but I have some goals too, like I want to be living on my own, I want to be travelling more, getting more women, finding my inner hindu cow, etc.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Live in an apartment across the street from Fenway Park, get lifelong tickets to the Red Sox, be a billionare and have a house inside Disneyland, buy a timerframe house for my dad(he really loves them), and also have a house in Martha's Vinyard.

link.png

My dream life would be to live in Japan in an apartment in Tokyo. I just love the way they build their houses and apartments. Each apartment/condo/house seems like a piece of artwork, while here in America apartments/condos are pretty nasty. Also, I love the way the Japanese live. They're not as worried about stuff like insurance and bills and tax and mortgage and budgets like we are here. They have a more peaceful and happy life (longer, too). I love japanese food and I love the the way they work, you know, fields or office jobs or food business. I'd also like to marry the love of my life when I get one, and have 3 children.

tl;dr: Japan is my ideal life.

Not meaning to ruin a beautiful topic and people's dreams, but... People in Japan actually commit suicide over inability to pay the abnormally high bills/mortgage/loans, everything costs a lot and especially if you're old and live alone, you'll have to be constantly on your toes to be able to pay off everything.

Japan is great to live in: I've been there for several weeks. You'll just need a big wad of cash to live there even for a year. Even food prices are substantially higher than in the US

My ideal life would be to live in a house along the beach, go surfing with my wife and kids every weekend, be a firefighter, and I want to travel the world and experience as many new things as I can.

111-1.jpg

Funny to see how generations change. Not so long ago, young people rebelled against the middleclass life. From what I've read here, most of them yearn for that kind of life now.

Same here, though. I'd like to have a house, nothing too fancy, just a place that belongs to me. Preferably a place that lets in the sunlight. Have a job that has some kind of social value. Have plenty of spare time to read, spend with my friends, and in the long run, with my family. I have a very small family (just my mother and my brother), so I'll have to create a family of my own.

This is really funny, because when I was 17, I shuddered to think of such a "limiting life". Buying a house, getting married and having children seemed like being shackled to a wall. A very dirty, wet wall. In a dungeon. With rats. And abusive jailmen.

My dream life would be to live in Japan in an apartment in Tokyo. I just love the way they build their houses and apartments. Each apartment/condo/house seems like a piece of artwork, while here in America apartments/condos are pretty nasty. Also, I love the way the Japanese live. They're not as worried about stuff like insurance and bills and tax and mortgage and budgets like we are here. They have a more peaceful and happy life (longer, too). I love japanese food and I love the the way they work, you know, fields or office jobs or food business. I'd also like to marry the love of my life when I get one, and have 3 children.

tl;dr: Japan is my ideal life.

Not meaning to ruin a beautiful topic and people's dreams, but... People in Japan actually commit suicide over inability to pay the abnormally high bills/mortgage/loans, everything costs a lot and especially if you're old and live alone, you'll have to be constantly on your toes to be able to pay off everything.

Japan is great to live in: I've been there for several weeks. You'll just need a big wad of cash to live there even for a year. Even food prices are substantially higher than in the US

Well, is it if you want a house? Because I was on youtube looking at apartments in Tokyo, and I saw a one room (bedroom, living room and kitchen into one) plus a bathroom apartment. Someone in the comments asked how much it cost, and he said 155,000 yen, I think, which is somewhere around 1,400$. It's expensive, though. Yeah, I don't need a large apartment with multiple rooms, I'm a guy that likes small rooms which I find a lot more comfy.

1,400 USD a month is expensive for this small apartment but I've seen a bigger one for 70,000 yen which is a lot less in USD

Here's the video of the apartment 155,000

Seems like a very sympathetic apartment to live in :lol: Would be ideal for 1 person though, wonder how those 2 manage. But the vid speaks for itself, even a small, cramped apartment like that costs $1500 a month (155k yen) in rent as the vid says. For many people it's not something they can afford, given they're used to paying rents of about $300 to $700 in western countries.

Check out this one, nearly perfect for 1 person. $500 a month, and it includes

Cleaning Service

BS Antenna

Broadband Internet

Veranda

Refrigerator

Refrig/Freezer

Range

Utensils/Cutlery

Washing Machine

Bath

Shower

Seems like a pretty slick deal to me, sure it's small, but you're hardly going to find that type of offer even outside of Japan at that price. Cleaning service & broadband access covered in the rent? That's probably the most value that can be found anywhere in Tokyo. It's 7 minutes away from the centre so that explains the low price tag though.

My ideal life would be pretty simple.

A small apartment in the northern hemisphere (I like it cold), a decent computer, a average job, a good internet connection, some nearby stores (electronic, grocery etc.), and a bike to get to them.

:)

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Great wife. Cultured, good looking, super-extroverted, compatible, ...etc. I think Bi would be a nice addition to that list too. Guess I'll figure out the rest later.

Oh, and a WaveRunner.

No, wait, TWO WaveRunners :D .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Heh, I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately tbh, but I'll probably need to think about it a bit more to give a true answer :|

sig2ho7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Living in a small town in Alaska, in a 6 room cabin, with a good computer, a great internet connection, thousands of books and the woman I love. I would live a long, healty, happy life, die before my wife and children, and have a quiet funeral attended by my friends and family.

Of course, what are the chances of that happening? :(

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Move back to my hometown, get an ok house, slippers on my feet, wife in one hand, beer in the other, the Warriors winning on t.v., kids in the next room screaming, this in the garage [hide=]2008_GMC_Sierra_Denali_black.jpg[/hide] gotta get the Denali, a boat, maybe a party barge, for weekends at clearlake, a jetski to go with it, and a lion head over the fireplace.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Well, I would want to live somewhere in Oulu, and preferably do work with the university there. I'd be happy with a relatively small house/apartment, and not a huge amount of money. I'd also like to have a summer cottage somewhere on a lake (a must in Finland, tbh). I'd would need to afford a nice computer though, and a fair amount of books.

So far that's it.

snowsigyy7.png

Pretty simple. A job writing and directing movies in exchange of a medium-class house, assesories, and food. 8-)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

A modestly-sized home, a wife that i love that loves me back and shares my sense of humor, to get paid for my music (at least enough to support my life and then some. but nothing huge like a rock star; too much publicity).

Range_0r.png

Anyways, BBL OFF TO SLEEP WITH A RACCOON