A High Level Approach to Iron Dragons

green9090

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd of prefered if you said SGS spec the dragon tho :( :lol:

Meh, I've tried both, and I just don't like the results of speccing the dragon. Black demons have insanely low def compared to iron dragons, so you're more likely to hit very high. Of course, you're welcome to do whatever you like, but I prefer the demons and dogs.

pictures?

If you can't figure out how to do this without a pretty picture, this is NOT the guide for you ;)

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'd of prefered if you said SGS spec the dragon tho :( :lol:

Meh, I've tried both, and I just don't like the results of speccing the dragon. Black demons have insanely low def compared to iron dragons, so you're more likely to hit very high. Of course, you're welcome to do whatever you like, but I prefer the demons and dogs.

pictures?

If you can't figure out how to do this without a pretty picture, this is NOT the guide for you ;)

EYE R BEIN DISKRIMINAT0D!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I went down there with a leaf bladed sword to test it out today because I was bored, and was VERY impressed with the results. While I tend to hit lower numbers than with the whip, I'm around three times as accurate, resulting in much faster kills. Highly recommend this sword for metal dragons, and the guide has been edited to reflect this.Thank you very much P4duke for that suggestion :)

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Great guide, I just may unblock Iron Dragons to try out this method. However, my cash supply is running a bit low at the moment, spent a lot on magic and summoning. However, do you think with maxed melee stats, 70 prayer, and 88 summoning I could do a full task without a SGS or DFS?

Sir_Ddude.gif

Great guide, I just may unblock Iron Dragons to try out this method. However, my cash supply is running a bit low at the moment, spent a lot on magic and summoning. However, do you think with maxed melee stats, 70 prayer, and 88 summoning I could do a full task without a SGS or DFS?

You would certainly use much much less prayer than you normally would with this method, but don't leave the prayer pots in the bank just yet. See what you can do with just unicorn scrolls, I bet you'll use very little prayer potion.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm amazed this thread hasn't gotten a new reply mentioning the Enhanced Excalibur, so I'll be that guy.

Upon completion of the Seers Village Achievement Diary, players can have their Excalibur upgraded. This new version now restores 20 hp and boosts your defence the same as a super defence potion. So, for people who have finished the diary, we now have an alternative to using the SGS for this method of killing Iron Dragons.

I'm curious what your opinion is on this, and which special-only weapon would be best here. Keep in mind that with the Enhanced Excalibur, you aren't limited to killing Iron Dragons near the Wild dogs. Just something to keep in mind...

Sir_Ddude.gif

SGS is 100% better than excaliber for this method. 20 extra hp every 5 minutes with excaliber, or at LEAST 20 hp and 10 prayer every 5 minutes, with a possibility of getting up to 50ish hp and 25ish prayer in that same time with SGS. If you don't like killing the ones near the dogs, just use the SGS spec on the iron dragon- works almost as well anyway. The only small advantage provided by the excaliber over the SGS is the fact that it doubles as a super defence potion, but super defence is a LOT cheaper than prayer potion.

However, one could make the argument that, if one doesn't own an SGS, excaliber could be better than the ancient mace. I'll update the first post accordingly.

SGS is 100% better than excaliber for this method. 20 extra hp every 5 minutes with excaliber, or at LEAST 20 hp and 10 prayer every 5 minutes, with a possibility of getting up to 50ish hp and 25ish prayer in that same time with SGS. If you don't like killing the ones near the dogs, just use the SGS spec on the iron dragon- works almost as well anyway. The only small advantage provided by the excaliber over the SGS is the fact that it doubles as a super defence potion, but super defence is a LOT cheaper than prayer potion.

However, one could make the argument that, if one doesn't own an SGS, excaliber could be better than the ancient mace. I'll update the first post accordingly.

Not really 100% better, when the dragons are still aggressive you can't use your Sgs or you might get burnt.

Also even if they are unaggressive, if you don't equip your dragonfire shield you might get burnt.

Excalibur can heal when you are not fighting.

Also Sgs spec can miss, especially on these high defense monster.

Yeah tanking them is awesome way to kill them . \'

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Is this cheaper than prayer flashing?

It's faster, as this method can be combined with prayer flashing piety with no extra cost.

Not really 100% better, when the dragons are still aggressive you can't use your Sgs or you might get burnt.

Also even if they are unaggressive, if you don't equip your dragonfire shield you might get burnt.

Excalibur can heal when you are not fighting.

Also Sgs spec can miss, especially on these high defense monster.

If you're using antifire potion like the guide suggests, their max with fire on somebody without a shield is under 30, and it's very rare for them to hit that.

Being able to heal without fighting doesn't really provide any sort of advantage here.

If your melee stats are as high as outlined in the guide, it is extremely rare for a spec to miss, which means you are almost guaranteed 10 hp and 5 prayer per spec, even on the dragons. Plus, even assuming that we miss HALF the specs (huge assumption there), we're trading 10 hp for 5 prayer and a dose of super defence. Sounds worth it to me.

• 2 months later...