Solo Bandos Guide

toast647

In you abyssal whip video wtf was up with those blurs?

And why did you use karils top when you said this?

So is there a definitive answer yet which top is better, Torag's or Karils? At 74 Range and 90 Def I would think Karil's would be better for me. And I know in the main guide it says to use Torag's top and legs, but I'm opening up this question to others for their opinion.

Well I have soloed bandos at least 1200 times. I use Dharok's top, because most often Graardor is going to beast you with his range more than the mage will hit you.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice guide, i'm going to have to get my def up and try this

zammyhilt.png

Solo Zamorak hilt drop, Greater Demon Slayer task.

Drops:

Draconic Visage: 4 2x Iron Dragon, 1x Black Dragon, 1x Frost Dragon

Hilt: 3 1x Armadyl,1x Bandos, 1x Zamorak

Dragon Chainbody: 1 1x Dust Devil

KBD Heads: 4

In you abyssal whip video wtf was up with those blurs?

And why did you use karils top when you said this?

So is there a definitive answer yet which top is better, Torag's or Karils? At 74 Range and 90 Def I would think Karil's would be better for me. And I know in the main guide it says to use Torag's top and legs, but I'm opening up this question to others for their opinion.

Well I have soloed bandos at least 1200 times. I use Dharok's top, because most often Graardor is going to beast you with his range more than the mage will hit you.

i personally think karil's is better than torag's/dharok's, it just seems to hit less.

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

For teleing I do this:

- withdraw 4 fire runes, 4 law runes and a glory

- tele to trollheim

- drop 2 sharks

- tele to edgy

- bank the glory and take out 3 sharks

- tele to trollhiem

- pick up sharks

Are my stats not good enough for even 1 kill? I've tried around 5 times now, each time using verac's helm, fire cape, fury, karil's body, verac's skirt, whip + defender, dragon boots, barrow gloves and berserker ring. I bring a super set, and 2 prayer pots, inventory full of sharks and tortoise full of sharks too. Using piety and protect from melee, I can hardly get half of his hp down before I need to tele. Would a godsword really help that much? Or do I have bad luck? Or poor stats? :s I wanna get 1 kill at least just for fun xD

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Are my stats not good enough for even 1 kill? I've tried around 5 times now, each time using verac's helm, fire cape, fury, karil's body, verac's skirt, whip + defender, dragon boots, barrow gloves and berserker ring. I bring a super set, and 2 prayer pots, inventory full of sharks and tortoise full of sharks too. Using piety and protect from melee, I can hardly get half of his hp down before I need to tele. Would a godsword really help that much? Or do I have bad luck? Or poor stats? :s I wanna get 1 kill at least just for fun xD

Well I can get atleast 1 kill sometimes 2 with my stats using your setup only with neitz, zammy mage arena cape, wealth and BGS.

The issue with whip is the lower attack bonus meaning you hit 0's more, whip onoly really comes into its onw when your maxed or near maxed melee stats till then always go with a gs.

O and I wouldn't go out and buy one straight away just lend one for a trip or 2.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Might just add "if you whip, don't bother"

I'm nearly maxed melee(97 str) and I can barely solo one with a full tortoise when using a whip.

7 last trips, I was only able to solo one and barely get out without killing all minions.

Maybe I'm extremely unlucky, but it doesn't seem to be worth it....

I'm nearly maxed melee(97 str) and I can barely solo one with a full tortoise when using a whip.

7 last trips, I was only able to solo one and barely get out without killing all minions.

you must be using pretty [cabbage]ty gear.. when i was 75 def and 99 strength + attack i could solo 2-3 a trip with dhide body torags legs neit helm dboots ect...

should go give it another try now that i have another 15 def lvls :D maybe ill break my record of 3 lol

You did one trip, and are telling me it's garbage. Maybe you should try more than one before you decide if it's good or not. Sometimes you get trips where you get absolutely beasted and others where you get 6 kills. Try moar.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Gear is a total of 270 ranged def....

I've went like 7-10 times, not once....I've even posted that.

Sometimes you get trips where you get absolutely beasted and others where you get 6 kills.

More like, "sometimes you get absolutely beasted and sometimes you actually redbar the second one"

Nothing against the guide, it's cool, but whipping seems to be a waste :roll:

Or maybe I'm extremely unlucky as usual.

Sometimes you get trips where you get absolutely beasted and others where you get 6 kills.

More like, "sometimes you get absolutely beasted and sometimes you actually redbar the second one"

Your using piety right.

Your using piety right.

Correct. And protect from melee, if you want to ask.

Got a friend's gs and soloed 2 last 2 trips(well 1 and half the second one.....got across a half killed >.>)

Another thing why I wouldn't whip again is prayer usage....with GS, I have to ppot much less....

EDIT: Too much luck based....

1 3/4 kills, not a single hit above 37.

Next trip, such garbage hits that I've soloed one with 2 sharks left.

• 2 weeks later...

Your using piety right.

Correct. And protect from melee, if you want to ask.

Got a friend's gs and soloed 2 last 2 trips(well 1 and half the second one.....got across a half killed >.>)

Another thing why I wouldn't whip again is prayer usage....with GS, I have to ppot much less....

EDIT: Too much luck based....

1 3/4 kills, not a single hit above 37.

Next trip, such garbage hits that I've soloed one with 2 sharks left.

Sounds like your doing something wrong. A BGS spec on the first makes for easy killing the second is more of a grind, but if you finish it the spec is ready for the 3rd.

With my measy stats (at the time all sub 85 on melee stats) I lucked a 3 kill trip or 2 and normally get the 2nd kill (about 60% of the time). Its all about timing, understanding there attack pattern (this allows you to time walking and eating just as you hit and before they hit you) and a massive amount of luck.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're guide is great, loved the ranging part it's almost exactly what I use lol. I use Arma pendant for fury, and I bring a dlong for kc and kill at the little goblins. It's faster kc, and the bolts cost the most in ranging so it's better to not waste it on the lower leveled monsters there. And it's not worth it to kill the higher leveled bandos things there(speaking mainly of orks) with those bolts because they take forever to kill. So, I think you should put that there, a dlong for kc, just a suggestion.

Also, Amradyl top, snakeskin, verac skirt, Zammy braces work real well.

Kandymann3, the awesomest of the awesome.

kandymann3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Great overview, you definitely inspired me to start soloing. I've done a few runs with the Saradomin Sword, and it works pretty well (the spec hasn't missed Graardor once yet) for those who want a step up from a whip. ::'

Great overview, you definitely inspired me to start soloing. I've done a few runs with the Saradomin Sword, and it works pretty well (the spec hasn't missed Graardor once yet) for those who want a step up from a whip. ::'
A 2 handed whip isn't a step-up from a whip :P

Lol.

SS spec

Not sure if this was mentioned before(I CBA to check), but I heart running away from bandos is a good idea. I go to the pools, so run energy is not a problem. I find that running under bandos only stalls him for a short time, while running away stops all attacks until he comes. The added benefit is that Strongstack can't attack you aswell.

Any estimate on how many I should be able to kill? I'm 99-99-90=95(A-S-D=H), using Terrorbird. I only have 61 Prayer(I hate the inflated D bones k?). I currently get 2 a trip, rarely 3 using a WHIP.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Would you reccomend using a sara sword in place of a gs?

I'm just a too far away cash-wise from that godsword.

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]