Solo Bandos Guide

toast647

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide, but wiht 85 atk, 89 str, and 82 def, I can't get any kills solo.... I always end up having to tele before killing Graar... Is it because I only have 82 def?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Nice guide, but wiht 85 atk, 89 str, and 82 def, I can't get any kills solo.... I always end up having to tele before killing Graar... Is it because I only have 82 def?

Probably. Sometimes the mage mini hits everytime and sometimes Graar won't stop ranging you

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I'll be the first to admit my inexperience with GWD bosses, although my 125 combat level would seem to argue against that. Nevertheless I feel the need to ask my question:

Why do you have so much melee defense when you are praying to protect from melee? Wouldn't Karil's armor be better? Or else Sara/ Zammy Dhide body and chaps?

Range defense.

I was stubborn and went on to try my method this weekend and it didn't work. I tried 3 times :(

Did another 3 solo runs with full Bandos and Verac helm for range def - much more successful runs.

In conclusion Range defense > Mage defense.

Also was wondering, what's a good under lvl 70 familiar to use? My bunyip and graak were horribly pointless there and the idea of dragging 18 items for a turtle is kind of a pain. I might try thr turtle next time if noone has any better ideas.

Oh, my problem also might be that I only have 60 prayer and can't use Piety, I also havn't done the quest, so I can't use Chivalry either... :wall:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'll be the first to admit my inexperience with GWD bosses, although my 125 combat level would seem to argue against that. Nevertheless I feel the need to ask my question:

Why do you have so much melee defense when you are praying to protect from melee? Wouldn't Karil's armor be better? Or else Sara/ Zammy Dhide body and chaps?

Range defense.

I was stubborn and went on to try my method this weekend and it didn't work. I tried 3 times :(

Did another 3 solo runs with full Bandos and Verac helm for range def - much more successful runs.

In conclusion Range defense > Mage defense.

Also was wondering, what's a good under lvl 70 familiar to use? My bunyip and graak were horribly pointless there and the idea of dragging 18 items for a turtle is kind of a pain. I might try thr turtle next time if noone has any better ideas.

It is hardly a pain at all to use a beast of burden, and there is no familiar (other than the yak) that will come anywhere close to being as useful. The tortoise almost guarantees an extra kill per trip; use it.

It is hardly a pain at all to use a beast of burden, and there is no familiar (other than the yak) that will come anywhere close to being as useful. The tortoise almost guarantees an extra kill per trip; use it.

Yeah...it's not really hard to use a BOB. Fill it, get our kc, when you have half your inventory of food gone, hit dump bob. Ta da!

cursedtoastsignature.png

wow dude I tried ur gs outfit, but with a bgs, the second I got in the room I got pwned by mage >_> how can that outfit work lol, I was all melees 90 when I tried, had to telly

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

wow dude I tried ur gs outfit, but with a bgs, the second I got in the room I got pwned by mage >_> how can that outfit work lol, I was all melees 90 when I tried, had to telly

Have 85 magic like he suggested, or mix and match a little. Wear a Karil's top or something.

newsigac5.png

Nice Guide. I tried twice today, both failed but I got really close the first time, the second time I got totally ownd. He was hittin 40+ constantly with his special :(. I guess I just need a few more lvls or get a godsword.

My stats:

90hp

88 atk/str/def

86 mage

82 range

64 summon

Sometimes he just never stops ranging you, and steel always hits with his mage. I've had trips where I can't even do one, keep trying. :thumbup:

Maybe the next time try bringing a brew instead of a super def, and a sup restore instead of 1 ppot.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Then try karils top

cursedtoastsignature.png

Epic win.

I go solo bandos ( this guide is ftw :D ), I kill graardor and the minions, and then 2 guys come in.

So I think. "aww, I could have done 1 more kill :[... " but then I have the good idea to kill one or two sub-bosses while they kill graardor...

Guess what: I get bandos tassets :D:D:D:D:D

Nah, just kidding, didnt get anything but it was fun.

oh, and a small tip, if you dont think you can kill graardor again but have some food left, try killing one of the sub-bosses, you never know when you can get a piece of bandos armor :D

16185_s.gif

Toast, bandos>torags for the solo with gs, cna you get a pic of the bonuses?

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

heh, I don't understand something, for gs guide mage wud rip u off, I tried ur gs setup, but it bgs, mage ripped me off I had to tele :x, tbh I think karil top + dfs and whip would do better for non gs inv

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Thanks for the guide :) I can do 2 kills per trip easily...though drops are very very rare from bandos now :( dont think its worthed to solo you really need to be very very lucky to get a good drop.

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

Sara : 6 saradomin swords in 3 trips with team

Bandos : Hilt, Tassets, Chest and Boots (with team) 2 Shard 3 from minions

Armadyl : nothing yet

Zamorak : 1 steam staff (with team)

Spiritual Mages : over 40 dragon boots

Thanks for the guide :) I can do 2 kills per trip easily...though drops are very very rare from bandos now :( dont think its worthed to solo you really need to be very very lucky to get a good drop.

Meh, it's still fun

cursedtoastsignature.png

do you think Zammy Dhide is better than Torag/Karil ?

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

Sara : 6 saradomin swords in 3 trips with team

Bandos : Hilt, Tassets, Chest and Boots (with team) 2 Shard 3 from minions

Armadyl : nothing yet

Zamorak : 1 steam staff (with team)

Spiritual Mages : over 40 dragon boots

Pretty good guide, very informative.

However, I would like to know how effective verac's set is? For people with low attack (mid to low 80s) it might really help out.

Great guide,

WArrior5024

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.