Suggestions for Improving Skills

green9090

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the support everyone!

Please remember to check out the thread on the RSoF if you're a member, it could use the bumps and appearance of widespread support!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I think that you have some reasonable and cool ideas. I really liked what you said about crafting, firemaking, and herblore. I think it would be cool to see more uses of firemaking and I think that it is on Jagex's agenda to update especially firemaking and woodcutting. Whether they directly base their updates off of these suggestions or not you have some 1337 ideas.

I wholeheartedly support this thread. I remember making a rant about this a while ago. While more people achieve higher levels, Jagex isn't doing anything about making the achievements worthwhile. I'd really like to see some things that have 90+ skill requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey great post, so well thought out.

Now, the slayer boss idea is a good idea, but what if the damage you did was proportional to the slayer level that you have?

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I like pretty much all your ideas here. If I didn't like one, I would not be able to tell you which one it is :mrgreen: Kinda off topic but my frined and I thought it would be kool to have a timer that shows how long you have worked on a skill. Maybe even how long you have spent on total in game. Like on most console games... I don't know if anyone eles has said this anywhere. We just thought it would be kool.

P.S. love the short-ranged magic ideas ::'

Look2kid.gif

Arn't I just a quest noob :)

How about for herblore, a mix made out of olive oil and swamp tar(or maybe something else) that is flamable and you can dump on the ground. With one dose of this, you could walk 4 steps and create a line of fire if you light it with a lit torch, tinderbox or whatever. It would become a barrier that couldn't be crossed until it burns out. This could only be used in clan wars, fight caves or bounty hunter.

tfssig.png

you have a couple decent ideas.

but the problem with most of youre ideas is that youre thinking of making everything in the game TOO EASY.

what threads like these do is try to convince people to make everything much easier and so that you can get stuff with much much less effort.

if we make everything in the game too easy and too strong it will ruin the game.

Got some great ideas here.

No comment on summoning, I hate it.

Melee combat, you're definitely right, we could use some better higher leveled armor. I like the idea of being able to trim armor with new metals, like titanium edges. You could mine it at 90 mining, then smith it with smithing level 90, 1 titanium and 15 coal or something like that, then use a whetstone. That idea could turn into something big.

Ranged, yes I agree. Maybe new dragons = better leather armors?

Magic, yes rune prices need to be corrected, and more XP needs to be given for most of the spells. More high leveled spells would do us good as well.

Prayer, more prayers added, maybe a pick and choose system like you said, pick which prayers you want included, and get a 20% discount on rate of prayer drain?

RCing, I don't think RCing will get much bigger than it already is, possibly having new runes for mage, and so therefore new altars to craft at.

Construction, I think supplies need to be more readily available, and better things need to be added. Caged monsters maybe? Like have a cage of black demons at level 95 construction?

Agility, needs to have a VISIBLE (like it says your agility bonus besides the weight?) effect on run energy, new places to train, more shortcuts.

Herblore, herbs need to be easier to get, balms for armor would be good also. Maybe at 99 Herblore a balm that lets Barrows last forever, nontradeable?

Theiving, how about theiving ANY monster you like? Hit a switch and monsters won't attack you, but you have to theive them, you can't do anything else while they don't attack you. And like if you thieve a lesser, it hits you for 10 damage when you fail.

Crafting, I agree, being able to craft armor trims and new gems would be nice. Maybe put a gem that restores prayer, but drains health?

Fletching, better arrows need to be available, maybe combine with firemaking to set arrows alight? Or use combustible metals?

Slayer, what about having a monster at level 99 that requires you to be wearing a slayer cape to even start to damage it?

Hunting, I like the idea of hunting with a bow, maybe go to cutscenes where you control an unsteady crosshair, and have to hit monsters on a certain spot?

Mining, could use more ores, maybe a place to mine gems other than the shilo village place? Like a diamond rock guarded by some sort of monster?

All of your ideas for smithing are great.

Fishing, WE NEED NEW FISH! And Swan Song's requirements are WAY too hard. 66 mage, Shilo village completed, 25 farming, just for one type of fish and nothing else?

Cooking is fine, but maybe a cooking minigame to cook lots of fish at once?

Firemaking, of course we need lit arrows. Possibly mine combustible metals and then crafted into bombs, then set alight and fired? Or coating swords in a flammable potion then lighting them, and slowly draining health while providing a visible increase of strength bonus by 20?

Woodcutting, needs more axes, more trees, and a minigame would be great. Overhaul it.

Farming, no comment, I hate it.

PM me for fitocracy invite

you have a couple decent ideas.

but the problem with most of youre ideas is that youre thinking of making everything in the game TOO EASY.

what threads like these do is try to convince people to make everything much easier and so that you can get stuff with much much less effort.

if we make everything in the game too easy and too strong it will ruin the game.

You're right, I'm sorry, having high skill levels shouldn't make anything easier. They should remain worthless. WHAT was I THINKING, wanting to reward EFFORT? Silly me.

To everyone else who posted, thanks for all the support. I will be reposting this on the RSOF soon, I've been too busy to reliably keep it on the forum lately so I haven't bothered. Going camping for a week pretty soon so definitely not going to bother putting it up before that. Expect it in late August or early September!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Herblore: Like the ideas that are there so far. I always wanted a super combat potion (super attack and strength in one) and this could be untradable. All higher level players know the use of freeing up 1 or 2 inventory spaces so this would be something they would want. Further perhaps more specialized poisons like ones that drain prayer or do damage faster but at lower damage (2 damage every 5 seconds or something). They could also work it out by allowing higher level herbalist to be able to poison more weapons (95 herbalist could poison whip). Allowing higher level herbalist to poison new weapons would really revive this skill as something players desire.

what kind of logic would a poisoned whip have? sure i'm gonna poison a rope and lash people with it, hopefully when i have almost cut them in half with the massive amount of effort i had i will poison them :o....

it doesn't make any sense, and it would wear off way too soon...

Headshotcatcher.png

very very nice ideas but, for me, a bit too much "untradeable". The second something is untradeable you can't make any money off it. Like you were saying with smithing, top smithers used to be really rich. If you only give them stuff that is untradeable then there not gonna get much richer

Chalksmith.png

Chalksmith.png

very very nice ideas but, for me, a bit too much "untradeable". The second something is untradeable you can't make any money off it. Like you were saying with smithing, top smithers used to be really rich. If you only give them stuff that is untradeable then there not gonna get much richer

Not true. If I get high level untradable cheap prayer pots that are better than everyone else's, for example, I'm making money. I can go fight bosses or whatever and spend much less than others. If high level herborists just get to make those potions and sell them, I guarantee people going for the cape will sell them for less than the ingredients required to make them. I agree it's a sad system, but getting exp and an item out of other items will VERY RARELY make any money. What we're doing is taking some items and extracting the valuable exp from them, which makes them worth less.

Ah ok, I see what your saying. Good point. Maybe a fail safe would be that (with potions at least) that you could trade them but not drink them until you get to a certain level (the same level that would take to make them would be a bit pointless.

For instance, you can make a summon restore pot (or whatever) at level 85 and you could only drink it at level 70.

Chalksmith.png

Chalksmith.png

Perhaps for Agility you could have faster attack speeds? Just a suggestion. =P

it would have to be like the minutest speed boost considering people with 99 agiliy and a whip would dominate, imagine someone coming up to u and koing you before you could click on them :| at least it would give a reason for pkers to skill :roll:

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

it would have to be like the minutest speed boost considering people with 99 agiliy and a whip would dominate, imagine someone coming up to u and koing you before you could click on them :| at least it would give a reason for pkers to skill :roll:

That's what I was thinking. Maybe even an ever-so-slightly faster running speed. Instead of 'Agility' call it 'Kenyan' lol.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Maybe a fail safe would be that (with potions at least) that you could trade them but not drink them until you get to a certain level (the same level that would take to make them would be a bit pointless.

For instance, you can make a summon restore pot (or whatever) at level 85 and you could only drink it at level 70.

Wait, how would that solve the problem of potions being worth more than materials? I promise, it wouldn't. Herblorists would buy the materials, make the potion, and put it on the GE to gain exp. Making the problem worse, there wouldn't even be a market for it, because only people over level 70 herblore could even drink the thing. The potions would be worth next to nothing.

I've always been strongly opposed to making agility tied to combat. It isn't a combat skill, so you would HAVE to give combat levels for it to make any sense at all. And then the whole combat dynamic becomes completely different. It works the way it is, why would we want to change it?

• 5 months later...

I think jagex should release more new in-game content combining two skills or more together (for example, a flame-wall that damages anyone who crosses it spell, requiring a certain firemaking level and magic level). There are hundreds of possibilities, and I think there could be very interesting ones.

you have brung up some good ideas, and they should improve prayer as like u said at level 70 prayer is not really leveling apart from combat level,

Miss

tipitsignatureav7.jpg

Private Chat is allways ON, So please feel free to add me, I allways enjoy a good conversation and Im also a very good listener.