Suggestions for Improving Skills

green9090

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. i was fly fishing today and it was very boring... just the animation itself is. maybe something like a character pulling his rod and catching a fish. note: this wont slow down the process it will just be a different animation. otherwise fishing is a boring skill. thank god i was multi-tasking.

• 3 months later...

I agree with some things, although I do feel like I have seen many of the ideas before.

I do not, however, agree with the whole "balm in armor" idea, and titanium, by the way, is not an ore, and would seem ridiculously out of place in the medieval setting in RuneScape.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

U have a nice thread here and a good opportunity to get a lot of great ideas for all the skills there is only one small problem that i can see u need to put more details into all the skills beef them up so to say.

I am big supporter of skills that need other skill complement other skills like ect. A new metal that u mine that uses smithing and crafting like the platinum u mentioned or a new tree that u need farming to plant woodcutting to cut and fletching to make in to a new hunter weapon.

I support your thread. :thumbup:

This post really caught my attention, then upon reading thought you had put forward some fantastic ideas.

I particularly like your suggestions of introducing items specifically for high levels. This is a fantastic incentive to reach higher levels, to gain the edge in other skills. I also like how you have suggested making some of the updates non-tradable. This again will be a great incentive for people to raise there skills. I particularly liked the suggestions you made to the Construction and Herblaw.

I do have a few suggestions of my own, which I think can add to what you have already presented.

Herblaw - How about having various mini-game potions, that only become available after a certain combat level, or have to be baught with the various rewards in order to be able to make/use.

Construction - I think there need to be more types of wood available to construct with. A idea I had as well was a construction based mini-game, where you sign up to a building company, and then randomly comissioned by various enhabitants of Runescape to construct a house for them. This can be from the extremely basic, to the overly extravigant. Each of course coming with a suitable reward for completion.

Thieving - Again, a mini-game, where you steal from houses. It would also incorporate the agility skill, as you would need to evade various obsticals (guard dogs, things left out of place in the house etc). Obviously, the higher your level, the better the house you can steal from, and the better the rewards will be.

Crafting - Making costumes! It's not really a very useful idea I know that, I just think it would be a really fun idea. I know I would like to run around in a Green Dragon or Lesser Demon costume. They could be made worthwhile however, by giving them bonuses, for example a Dragon costume could give a Firemaking bonus, and Imp costume could give a Thieving bonus etc.

I hope you like the few suggestions I have made, and I also hope your topic is noticed by Jagex staff, and some of your suggestions are considered! Great post :thumbsup: .

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png