Honor

Xewleer

It was in the year 20XX that another intelligence came to our planet. They conquered us and spilt a great deal of humanities blood. More blood than we thought was possible for us to bleed. But we lost. We lost nearly everything. Then, our conquerors told us that we were killed and slaughtered so that we could be subdued by them, because an evil, sinister and vile power had arisen, and it would not let the soon to blossom humanity develop... untouched.

So we bent our knees to them, bowed on the ground before their puppet leaders. We sought to stab their backs. Until we were lost to that dark power. That hideous strength! That hideous purpose! But we WON! We defeated the evil in our own planet. We were a civilization that had seen to much war. We rested, and the descendants of the few great leaders, despite their tender age, became our leaders while teenagers. Because their parents died, horribly.

Then that alien species, despite looking similar to humanity, came again, and, instead of being our partners, for we had begun to look outside our own backyard, became our conquerors once more. Humanity... kept bleeding. We were defeated once again...

Honor

The school of Engineering that existed in the rough middle of the Separate American States was renowned for it's ability to produce forward thinking and brilliant engineers. The Aliens, as we called them, naturally sent students of their own there. There were no males, but only females, as no male volunteered. They were strange compared with all the other students. Naturally hard working, naturally able to see flaws, and naturally able to please any one they wanted to.

The Aliens had many separations in their culture. Unlike humans, which separate by appearances, they focused on genetics. For their armies, they bred soldiers, for commanders, they bred themselves wings and mocked us by calling them angels. They were only hampered by reality itself. Thus, they used genetics to combine beauty and intelligence. They, instead of relying on clothes, though they wore them, and beauty, though they were pleasant to look on, used pheromones to convey their desires and force others to assist them.

But the Aliens knew that Humanity would betray them at any opportunity. So they blackmailed certain of their members to protect these precious experiments. Much to their anger, but they capitulated. It was their duty, as commanders who had no command, and as humans, who had had their humanity stripped away.

The students resented this tremendously. But the calming voices soon smoothed the ripples of anger. They looked human enough, didn't they? They weren't causing trouble! WE DON'T WANT TO DIE!

One of the protectors walks down the stairs, with an eye on his charge. He could not let her out of his sight. "Why does she have to walk so much in plain view!" He muttered under his breath. The Aliens had to at least act demur in the presence of humans, it smoothed a great deal of potential problems. But this one... Jaster could not let her out of his sight for a moment.

Eventually, he had enough and grabbed her arm roughly. He dragged her out of the main path and whispered fiercely into her ear. "Stupid! You'll cause problems for me! I can't control my fellow humans, and neither ca..." The Alien, Kora, was blowing into his nose. "Pheromones don't work if you understand them. At least, for the strong minded. Walk out of the way of others. Please."

Kora humphed off with him following. He could fight it, but he still felt the unnaturally compelled to let her do what she wanted. He'd have to watch her very closely, at least the others had cooperative subjects. He walked into the next class, and so on, until lunch. Lunch was always a problem.

Kora walked right into the back of the line. That was fine. But then someone cut her place. Knowing the perpetrator, this was a passive-aggressive way to protest the occupation. But he stood aside and let her pass. This would have been normal as well had his nose not started to bleed. This was not good at all. Protectors rushed to their places as they hoped that a riot, or anything dangerous at all, would not happen.

There was nothing but murmur. Deadly, low and dangerous murmur. No one shouted.

Jaster moved on with the day. He ate his dinner, sitting in front of the dorm's tv screen, when a passerby dropped a paper on the sofa. He knew that he should wait a bit. Then, at the next commercial break, he unfolded the paper.

J.

Protect Sorority tonight. Rumors say rednecks planning attack. Go armed.

P.

Jaster wasted no time to prepare. He arrived at the scene with plenty of time to spare. He sat down on a large rock that was on the lawn, waiting for anyone to come in the gathering gloom. He cursed Kora under his breath. He cursed many people. An Alien named Jolar continuously popped up in his speech. The man who subjugated him would die horribly some day, but not until he had the power to do so with impunity. He could not, however, forsake his semblance of shredded honor until they returned to him the most precious thing in his life.

"Skulking around in the dark is not how we humans do things. Come out."

"Betrayer... protecting the prostitutes of our conquerors..."

"Do you love life? They are a conglomerate of quadrillions. We are a paltry 2 billion. I don't want to die here, or anywhere near here, for that matter. I want to be with my loved one. Don't you?" The crowd was gathering. Jaster kept his weapon in plain sight.

"No... we'd rather kill them! We'd rather hurt them any way we can! We hate them! You hate them too! You were nearly killed by them! Spent a year under the 'protection' of their torturers! You don't have to do this!"

"Yes I do. Do you love anyone?" A few of the crowd nodded. The fact that Jaster showed no surprise, and was heavily armed was dissuading them. Just like it had weeks ago. "I love someone. They have her. That's why I'm here."

"Rumor has it that you married one of their [bleep]!" Said one, laughing at him. Jaster shot him the instant the laughter ceased nervously.

"You don't talk that way to me. DO YOU REMEMBER WHO I AM!??!?" He screamed this at them, they all knew. "I was your leader a long time ago! I fought battles! I won battles! But I lost the war! But I'm not dead. I'll live. And when the time comes, and it is not today, we will become our own people, and live only under ourselves. But if you die today, and, if you touch a single one of them, you will, will you fight for freedom? No... so please... live." He said this, touching their humanity. They departed for their homes and loved ones.

A few tried to rally them, but they too left.

"That's impressive." Kora, and her servant, another female named Lopa walked up behind him. He had sensed their manipulation of their hearts.

"I wish you wouldn't torment my brothers like that..." Jaster said sadly. He had no control, really, unless their lives were in danger.

Kora snorted. "Brothers! Ha! You are a traitor to them, in their hearts, they know you sold them for you salvation."

"So that they would not be needlessly slaughtered..." He did not wish to argue, so he turned away from them.

"Sure. Whatever. As a reward you can have Lopa for the night. Enjoy!" Lopa started to plead with her. "No! We must reward him... and punish you. GOOD night." She said, with a little laugh. Jaster did not turn nor comment as Lopa watched her mistress walk into the gloom. She paled as she looked at Jaster's back.

His back stiffened visibly as he sighed. "I don't want you. You are a pitiable substitute for what we humans call love." He remained with his back turned to her. He heard sounds and resisted turning. "Keep your clothes on." He growled it at her in a very commanding tone. The noises went in reverse. "If you must pleasure me, then you can answer my questions."

He heard her trying to climb up the rock, so he lent her a hand. "Sit to my back, please, you'll hear me just fine." Her back was rather warm. He wished he didn't feel it. "Alright. Do you have those PDA devices that can connect to any network?" She affirmed. She could not speak English too well yet, she, and others of her profession, were not taught well, despite having the same abilities and intelligence as their masters; they just had loyalty programmed into them.

"Then I want you to search the records for an angel... her name is Pllakat. Is there anything? Nothing..." He hunched down. He sat up straight as she affirmed some information. The depression set in again. The article was old. The same old story of a human defeating an angel and cutting off her wings. She then fell in love with him, and fought with him while they fought the Alien Empire. The facts were mostly wrong, as was the article. Didn't tell the true story at all. "I don't need to know any more." He said and was silent for a while.

"Pllakat was your... lover?" Lopa said, hesitantly.

"I'm not going to talk about her."

"What happened?"

"..."

"Please!"

"..."

Lopa fell silent, then, asleep. She began to slide off when Jaster caught her and hauled her up. She didn't awaken at his touch. He propped her against the rock and continued his vigil, alone, and feeling worthless. Why did they want to know... it wasn't the same for them... who's bonds are only tied by caste and rank... He hated them. He wanted them all dead, for toying with his feelings and for torturing him every day.

The morning came without event. He awoke Lopa and sent her to her mistress. He didn't care why Lopa had been punished. He didn't think about it as he walked into the dorm showers and washed himself. He went on with his duties. Kora had found a new game, trying to manipulate him, apparently Lopa had been forced to tell her. Kora was skating on the thinnest ice on earth. The only thing that saved her from a painful and prolonged death was that it would not ease his suffering, and would only make it worse.

He was forced to sit next to her at lunch. "They say if you cut off the wings of an Angel, and if you truly care for her, she will exist only for you. Do you know anything about that?" Jaster shook his head slowly. A vein bulged on his neck as he resisted killing her. Kora went on. "She will do anything for that man... even die for him. They are beautiful, and I'm sure make good... bed fellows. Do you know... no, of course not." She laughed a little to herself. Jaster dug his nails into the underside of the table. He could not touch her.

"Their eyes are amber. Their skin soft and white, but the muscles underneath... Exhaust even the strongest man?" Jaster's breath became deep and heavy. Before he quite comprehended it, Kora had slid up his chest in a sensuous fashion. "They smell like lilies." She continued. They were in a corner, around the corner of the lunch room. There were no afternoon classes that would bring students past them. Jaster was alone. "Soft Breasts..." He began to struggle against her. "Shapely legs. As much goddesses of love as of war... Lips that taste like strawberries..." She reached up with her lips parted to kiss him when he was able to throw her roughly off.

"Finally!" Jaster wheeled and stared into the face of Jolar, as well as two soldiers, who arched an eyebrow at him. Jaster flinched, got on his knees, and kowtowed, bowing and touching his forehead to the floor. "Rise, Jaster. Kora... now why are you tormenting this poor beast of a man..."

"He's mine." Jolar looked genuinely surprised, then very, very angry.

"Stupid... stupid... STUPID HORKATHOJ!" Jaster flinched, that was the worse word in their language, it was even more offensive than any word the humans ever conceived. He shuddered as Jolar launched into a tirade that reduced Kora to tears. "You know nothing. He is a conquered commander. If you must now he was the figurehead! You would be nothing to him if he were of us! Begone and be a servant to your servant. Bring her to me!" The two soldiers grabbed her by the armpits and dragged her to him.

He turned to Jaster, who had averted his eyes. "Bow to her." Jaster flinched and a shudder racked his entire body. "BOW TO HER!" He fought within himself, but then, first one knee, then the other bent down. "All the way, just like you bow to me." Kora looked on with a satisfied look on her face.

Jaster forced himself down, inch by inch. Until finally he arrived on the floor. He fought back tears as he lowered his head, continuously. He touched it on the floor. "Close your eyes." Jalor said this and Jaster compelled himself to shut out all light. A resounding slap assailed his ears, but he kept his eyes closed. "Open them." He opened his eyes.

A white hand reached up and lifted his head. And he saw the truest beauty that he could conceive. Kora was unconscious and on the floor. Jalor put and hand on his shoulder to keep him from moving from his prone position. "Do not betray us. You still have years to serve. Do not think that we will forgive them for quelling one, two or even hundreds of mobs. We saw fit to reward you, and we will permanently take this reward away if you dare cross us. But I am merciful... am I not? ANSWER ME!" Jaster nodded.

"Good... you will have her for as long as I see fit. Another... more compatible charge shall come under you. I hope you will not become soft with her affection. Good bye Jaster. Give my regards to Emperor Black Dragon, the Berserker King and whatever the rest of their silly, pathetic names are, Chivalrous Knight, I know you still talk to them." Jalor walked off with Kora in tow.

Jaster stayed on the floor. He could not get up to hold her. He felt weak to be with her again. She came down to his level, and held him. "You still want me?" She could only whisper the words, as they had given her the ability to speak English, not a natural thing among Angels.

"I gave up everything for you... honor, friends, command... I could have freed humanity if it wasn't for you..." He whispered back.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Hmmmm... I'll take a look at it.

But here's an explanation.

Jaster was defeated and surrendered himself to the will of the Aliens. They then wanted to test his... loyalty? (Can't seem to get the right word) by guarding a quite useless character. Since there are a small amount of Aliens, there are several protectors.

Thank you for the comment!

Okay I get it... That was also the bit about how his friends hated him or something and he said he gave himself to save them or something. (I mean your answer helps explain this as well... this explains your answer something like that)

I said something 4 times in this post! :shock:

Hmmm... I think I'll add more short stories... just like my old Zombie Night, eh? It'll be the same universe, but I'll criss-cross, and move forward and backward in time.

This is a week or so after the events in "Honor"

Jalor had been assigned to watch over the prison/planet, Urzur. It had been used for centuries as such. It was bare and cold. The atmosphere was barely breathable, at least, for the first couple minutes. No one could last more than a day breathing that thin oxygen. Prisoners were kept in cells that were barely locked and barred. They knew that there was nowhere to go if they escaped. The space port was exactly twenty-five hours away by transport, and transports were automated and enhanced with a powerful AI.

The special prisoners, however, had quite a different level of security. If they weren't executed upon the earliest opportunity, they were placed into a pit. This pit was covered in metal [bleep]es that were forged from a twenty-ton metal plate, and each [bleep]e (weighing 200 pounds each) were attached to another plate, this one thirty tons of copper, specially designed to absorb any and all forms of energy, even extreme heat. These [bleep]es were placed exactly 4 inches apart, except for places specially designed for each prisoner to sleep.

The walls were covered in guns that shot at anyone that came within six feet of any portion of the wall, or more than one foot off the ground; they took .001 seconds to track and lock on to one target. Food was in the form of pills which sent nutrients straight through the system. It was designed specifically to produce no excrement or urine of any kind. Prisoners were stuck there forever. There were no appeals, and no one had escaped, but not through lack of trying. Each attempt merely brought that particular flaw up to the designers, who figured out a way to prevent that flaw from ever happening again.

But still, there were a few, a very few, who were too dangerous even for that permanent deathtrap. Two were survivors of the Human wars with the Evil Empire and the Aliens, as taken from the human perspective. They had adapted the Evil Empire's Blackhole technology and infused themselves with it. The human body was easily adapted to it and essentially made them immortal to everything except old age. Hopefully. They hadn't shown any sign of aging yet.

Jalor looked through the screen. The two were still there. No changes except what they expected. They were being kept in an airless vacuum. Chained to heavy weights and surrounded by metal that absorbed all the energy they cared to emit from their implants, they were utterly incapable of any significant movement.

Siege Queen and Buster Earl. Companions and subordinates to Chivalrous Knight, Jaster, that is, and still unknown Emperor Black Dragon. Both were capable of extreme strength and energy bursts from any point of their bodies. They also had a slew of other powers that only could be conceived in the human comic books. Buster Earl and Siege Queen were separated by nearly five meters of unshatterable and unbendable titanium alloy used for Rammer-ship prows. This metal could only be destroyed by extreme temperature. Inside the vacuum had been placed special anti-starship mines that would explode at the slightest disturbance. It wouldn't kill these immortals, but it would knock them out.

Jalor had been set in charge of the Human Project, and he didn't really fear the average human, even if he had a gun pointed at his face and had fired it point blank... but still there were exceptions to that rule. The base commander was a rather large man with an interesting beard. It was forked, then waxed, so that it pointed up.

"I still say that all your fears are groundless." He said with his usual calm bluster. He was the poker dealer. He had all the cards, knew their order and knew how to deal them just right for his favor. "There they are, and they have not been able to move for nearly a year. They cannot escape."

Jalor sighed at the man. "Humans love irony. I want you to ensure that they cannot. If they can get back to earth they will lead a revolution. We won't be able to control them again. The 'Evil Empire' has begun to press our borders." It was a matter of time. But the status-quo barely changed in the last year, but there was always that chance that the Evil Empire had captured humans and forced them to try to recreate those... Machine Gods used to defeat them years ago.

He was staring at two of them right now, and he was sure that there were more running around that they had no knowledge of. "Despite Jaster's promises, which I trust explicitly, he cannot control all of his old army. His master is still at large, as well as the field commander: Berserker King. It's odd really. For all our resources, we have only been able to ascertain the identities and locations of only three of the nine commanders."

"Why isn't Chivalrous Knight here? I have a special place for him." The warden was extremely interested in getting Jaster. It would make an excellent addition to his prestige.

"Because... I have some incredible leverage. Leverage is infinitely better than a billion Ducata prison for only two people. They only love themselves and war, war most of all. They will escape. Just be ready for when they do."

"You speak and think too much like a human. You should be careful. You're father is aging, and despite your success, you cannot keep your position for long talking and acting like this. Your father is already hard-pressed to keep your position safe." The warden had never been friendly, but Jalor was the least of all evils to his prison and it's inhabitants. The others who were in line were either budget cutters or ignorant fools who didn't understand the dangers. "Just a friendly warning."

"I only talk this way outside of official meetings I assure you. Carry on. I feel paranoid if I don't check up on them every week or so."

"Heh, don't worry. You'll be the first... oh krile." The Siege queen's power level had [bleep]ed considerably. "Don't worry, the capacitors can take twice... oh KRILE" A sudden burst of power overloaded the capacitors and freed her. The room exploded with brilliant light. "Krile... Buster Earl is doing the same thing. Don't worry, I've anticipated even this." He pressed a button and the cells departed from the prison, shooting toward the nearby moon. It was airless and only 2 degrees above absolute zero.

Jalor looked on with calmness. The warden knew what he was doing. He just hoped that the prisoners would stay inside their five meter 'unbreakable' prisons. "I've just realized... we'll have to see..." Jalor still showed no real anxiety. "Even if they break out... I've got one last trick." The warden was being serious, but the two were still dazed from the megaton explosion inside their ten foot radius prisons.

"You know... I wonder why we don't shoot them into a sun or a black hole."

The warden didn't turn as he typed rapidly into his console. "This is top secret. We've tried that already. Remember Black Hole from your history of the universe class, that horrible, genocidal madman? The original creator of the technology that bears his name? We tossed him into a white dwarf. He made it go supernova. Then we got him again by landing a MOON on him. Next we tossed him into a black hole. He got out of that a little more powerful and, if possible, crazier than before. Finally we encased him the same titanium that encloses those two. Then we shot him towards the edge of the universe. QUADRILLIONS of light years before the nearest star we knew of in that direction. We found him later on, twenty-eight years later. He had died of old age on a no-name planet that had just been discovered. We can't kill Black Holes, just contain them."

The Warden looked dumbfounded at the shattered prisons. They had superheated themselves and the metal couldn't take the strain of both super heat and cold withing feet of each other. Without speaking he pressed a red button. The joints of the newly escaped prisoners blew up and shattered. "They'll survive that and regroup. The reason I didn't do this earlier was because they would find a way to counter it. I'm not even sure it will work a second time... Any ideas?"

"Separate stars and black holes?"

The warden sighed. The only two to leave their prisons for years. "We'll have to. I have a task force assembled for exactly this sort of thing."

"Of course you do. I'll leave it in your capable hands and send a favorable report to the leaders. Take Care." Jalor left the room. The Warden was doing his job.

The seeming apathy of Jalor shook the warden, but he followed through and soon the pieces of Siege Queen and Buster Earl were speeding towards lone stars and known black holes. They would surely rejoin, but hopefully not for eighty odd years... if the universe was lucky...

As soon as Jalor was alone he collapsed... the two most destructive... forget Jaster and his companions, they were backstabbers and plotters, the whole lot of them... but at least you had a chance to counter-attack... with these two... you were lucky if your pants were on, much less up. But the warden was doing his job that's all he could ask for. Goodness knew that he couldn't do better.

Ah... a little character insight into Jalor. He keeps smarter people than he around him while making sure they all work together nicely.

Nothing much to say except that you spelled a few words wrong here and there and used the wrong version of a word a few times.

But it's good. :thumbsup:

Lol, I noticed your sig Xewleer, very nice... I won't make the Jew-le-ar mistake again :D

Like the story, it kinda reminds me of Mass-Effect, but not as much.

Never played it and have all but no clue about the plot or otherwise. Except that there are dating sim elements leading to an alien sex scene... so... um... yeah... (news media... I didn't search for it or anything! It just came on)

OOOH, very very nice. Sorry I forget to leave a comment because...I'm stupid? Indeed, let's go with that.

It reminds me of Mass Effect because it's futuristic...OMG BLUEJAY WROTE THAT TOO!! Bluejay, join forces with me and together we can take over the earth as...King and Bluejay!!

10/10 JUST because you put the redneck attack thing hehe! That was halarious! It probably would have been a 10/10 anyway. But you know. I'm amazing like that. :P But, it was as usual a masterful work by you.

Someone make a story about Masamune in this library already! DAMMIT!

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Heh, thanks. Anyway. I'm going to divide up the chapters according to the character I'm focusing on.

Emperor Black Dragon.

The past: final campaigns of the second Human-Alien war.

Emperor Black Dragon, as he was known, was a Vietnamese twenty-year old. He was thickly built, down to his very thick thatch of black hair. He was not, however, anything like an idiot. He was not a field commander, but rather an arm chair general, relying on Chivalrous Knight or Berserker King to carry out his strategies. Both were loyal to him, at least, as long as it benefited them.

Knight was beginning to be a problem though. After that near debacle that ended with a Pyrrhic victory, when he fought and captured an enemy commander, he had become emotional and all but unusable. Not a good thing in this part of the war. Knight was his loyal pawn, he boosted troop moral, led the charges and could think up strategies on the fly. That commander... Angel? No, that's species... Pllakat, had been a thorn in Knight's side for years... and he FALLS IN LOVE WITH HER?!?! How romantic!

He nearly laughed out loud! Of course they would have to interrogate her, but he was certain Knight would be able to overlook that. It was strange though, Knight barely did all the things he was ordered, yet he was bending over backwards for the enemy! He gave up a quart of blood for her! Staying by her side! He blamed pheromones. The Aliens used them to great effect on the weak minded. But Knight was one of the smarter people he knew...

He shook his head. Jaster was human. Humans can make anything change for the better. Maybe the God much of humanity now cursed had a sense of humor after all. Knight would flinch at that sort of comment.

He walked into the field hospital room. The angel was on her stomach, arrayed that she wouldn't suffocate. The stumps that once held the wings were heavily bandaged and hooked up to apparatuses that would keep the blood flowing through her body. Knight was sitting next to her on a chair, he was tired and very pale from all the blood he had to give. He smiled very weakly as Dragon came in.

"Lord Dragon... forgive me if I don't do anything in your honor. Too little blood you see." He said quietly.

"Why did you save her?"

"I wanted to. No real reason. It felt really good to save someone for a change instead of killing them." He paused. "She'll be alright once she wakes up. I want her to like me... but then again... if she wants to kill me, I'll..." He hung his head, disturbed at the thought. "I'm strong enough for that. But it bothers me a lot. This is the first girl I sacrificed for... and I've liked her for a long time..."

"She's been trying to kill you for about the same time..."

"Yes... I know the reality of it all. But this is the first girl... It really bothers me that everyone around me has a relationship, even if it is love-hate. I want to try it, for once."

Dragon was disturbed at this. It was true, Knight had never had a proper relationship with a girl before. Fine, Dragon would fully support him but... "She's the enemy and she's not even human."

"Listen... I've fought for you for years. I've never for asked for anything seriously. Not ever. Nothing even close to this. Honor and death have followed. I want to do something that will hurt me. I want her to like me, but it's doomed to fail... And hurt. But it hurts more because I haven't held anyone in my arms and told them I love them, or asked for forgiveness... it really does."

"Fine. But you are in charge of her. I won't save you." Dragon got up and left. He walked back after a minute of reflection. "Listen. I shouldn't..." He was surprised by Pllakat grabbing Jaster around the neck. Hugging him. He was about to turn away when he saw Jaster's face. It was peaceful... happy. Dragon had to disturb it. He didn't want his friend stabbed in the back later on.

"Hey! What's your game?"

Pllakat spoke something he didn't quite understand. Jaster, however, seemed to understand her perfectly. He had said before that he had a gift for languages... but still, he didn't realize Jaster could speak Alien. "She says that she's mine now. Apparently, when they were created, their wings hold a bit of their psyche. Thusly, cutting them off resets their psychology. But not memories or anything like that. Apparently it's tradition, should the victorious warrior treat the defeated 'Angel' well, they become devoted. We've heard of this from defectors, but we never believed them..." He looked away into Pllakat's eyes.

Dragon couldn't see anything malicious in them. He left the room. Later on they would see what would happen. Pllakat was one of the commanders of the Alien army, she had information they needed. Knight had better remember his duty!

yep. Except Jaster cut off her wings in battle (I won't write that one for a long time though... maybe) and well... the rest is history as they say.

Never played it and have all but no clue about the plot or otherwise. Except that there are dating sim elements leading to an alien sex scene... so... um... yeah... (news media... I didn't search for it or anything! It just came on)

Um, well... Alien, Human... Uh, nevermind. Not for Tip.it viewers...

And lol, Sephy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm... lets look into the psychology of Lopa today...

Lopa

After the first chapter, 2 days.

Lopa had recently arrived from her home. She had been re-purposed and sent back to earth to resume her studying. She was certainly surprised when Jaster was chosen to be her protector. Not that she minded (she secretly had a crush on him, humans and Aliens could interbreed after all), but she thought it would be painful for him after the way Kora had treated her. He met her with Pllakat at the space port that replaced old Lambert Intl.

"Welcome back to earth!" Jaster greeted her with a satisfied nod. He seemed a great deal more upbeat and cheerful in manner. Pllakat greeted her in the native language.

<"Welcome!">

"Thank you very much, Jaster, Pllakat, would you show me the way to the transport?" She said. She was very pleased at Jaster's change. The car was an old turn of the century Ford, very roomy compared to the cramped space ship. "How's things here, then?"

Jaster spoke without turning back. His right hand was noticeably in Pllakat's. "Better. Things have settled down a lot. I think peace can be achieved once you guys start treating us like equals. No offence, of course. But as general to your policies. We could be a great ally to your civilization. No matter no matter... But the people who nearly rioted won't be a problem provided you girls stay in the shadows."

"You speak rather harshly..." Lopa felt awkward. Jaster was basically speaking treason... but she had asked for... it's too confusing, but at least it was more settled.

"Sorry. I don't like to mince words. But I'm being dead serious. There are a lot of angry people who want to be free, or, at least have you people out of here. Despite the fact there is no physical outward difference between the two cultures, you, and I really, need to tread carefully." He paused. They were at a tricky portion of the highway. Pllakat had a map out and was whispering instructions. "All right... Fortunately, I've been able to smooth you over with the other people... after all, Kora was certainly a problem. Mind telling me things about what happened to you? Pllakat was in a regeneration tank most of the time and she didn't get a lot of news."

"I was told not to tell you." Jaster smiled and said something to Pllakat she couldn't quite hear.

<"Strawberries? They're delicious!"> She held out the box of sweet red berries. Lopa took a few. She watched a little jealously as Pllakat fed a few to Jaster then ate a few herself. The two females began to talk animatedly as Jaster drove south. It was an hour and a half drive. Eventually Jaster just plugged his Mp3 player into an apparatus and they listened to the varied human and Alien musics that Jaster had collected.

He had a wide and varied collection that spanned the peaceful melodies of Kanon in D to an old style of Japanese music called J-pop to the harmonies of the Whispers of the Moons to the strangely upbeat rhythms of Sunstroke. Eventually the batteries ran out but they enjoyed it while it lasted. The gas also dipped to empty and they had to enter a gas station in the middle of Hick-town, Missouri. Worst place for an Alien to be... on Earth at least.

Soon enough, a group of five youths with very red necks arrived. They all wore the customary clothes of the Revolutionaries, a red,white and blue bandana with any medley of disreputable and cheap clothing of a rough nature. As for weapons, they all wore a fire-arm and a close range weapon, most had some kind of knife or breathe, but the leader had an old katana from the second Alien-Human war. The blade was notched, but still very dangerous.

"Well well well... what've we have here? Boys? No! Girls! and a guy... But that's not the point! They're aliens! Boys? Boys! Focus!" The leader obviously had issues with his subordinates.

"But, the one in the front is hot! Hey! She's looking at me!" Said a particularly dim one.

"FOCUS!" He laid about with his hand until he had their attention. "Alright!... What was I saying... Oh yeah! they're aliens... Oh yessss... And what do we do to aliens?!? Boys? Focus... FOCUS! Alright! We... uh... Beat the living daylights out of them! Yes!"

About this time Jaster came out with some snacks and the receipt for the gas. He didn't even show surprise at their appearance, he knew something like this would happen. The leader noticed him and walked up to him, getting in his face and breathing his foul halitosis into his mouth. "Boys! we have a traitor! Yes! And what do we do to traitors? We beat the living daylights out of them! That's right! We beat the living daylights out of them!"

Jaster sighed and shook his head. He opened Pllakat's door and dumped the food on her lap before closing it and turning to face the cretin. "Now look here. You boys should go home and forget this ever happened. Otherwise, you won't live out the day."

The leader jeered at him. "Weelelll now... You're pretty arrogant! I'll CUT YOU DOWN TO SIZE!!!" He drew his katana and charged him, swinging it without skill. Jaster waited until the last moment then gave a powerful punch, shattering the leaders fingers and making him drop his sword.

"Are we gonna let him do that to me!?! No we are not! Get him!" The dim one ran in first screaming some inarticulate blasphemy before the rest started. Jaster sighed. Four blows later and the attackers were all on the ground howling, nursing broken bones. Jaster got into his car and began to drive, acting like nothing ever happened.

"Sorry about them. They're idiots. I forgot to ask you something, how was the flight over? I here hyperdrive ley lines are very psychadelic."

Lopa quickly readjusted herself from the object of her affection to talking about the hippy-esque experience of ley line travel.

"Thank you very much, Jaster, Pllakat, would you show me the way to the transport?" She said. She was very pleased at Jaster's change. The car was an old turn of the century Ford, very roomy compared to the cramped space ship. "How's things here, then?"

Cramped Space Ship? God, I hate cramped places.