New runescape.com! = RS HD BETA

Toad

http://runescape.com/

Discuss here!

[hide=]Location:

1 July 2008 - RuneScape HD - Members-Only Beta Launch

RuneScape has been reworked and now looks better than ever! If you are a member, you will be able to access this update by following the directions below. If you are a free player, you can expect to be playing RuneScape HD as soon as the Beta period is over. Free players who select RuneScape HD will receive a preview of the new graphics, meaning they can see how it runs on their machines, but will be unable to play in it.

NOTE - this is a live Beta. This means that if you lose or win an item, die or gain experience, it is for real - the effects will remain on your account even after the Beta period is over. Please do not throw away items thinking that you will get them back after the Beta period.

Playing RuneScape HD:

You will notice that the website has been given a fresh lick of paint, but your path to the game remains as simple as before. Click 'Play RuneScape' on the new RuneScape front page to get to the Detail Select page. Then click the right-hand button, 'RuneScape High Detail', to select the new version. Finally, choose your world, and then start playing.

To play RuneScape HD, your computer will need the following system specifications:

* 1.5 GHz processor or higher

* 256MB of RAM or more

* 64MB 3D Graphics card, such as Nvidia® GeForce 3 or above

* Sun Java 1.4 or higher

Once the game has loaded, you can use the in-game Graphics Options menu, within your Options tab (the one with the spanner), to further increase or decrease your level of detail. You can also change them on the log in screen. So, if you are experiencing slowdown, try reducing the number of graphical features.

The new fullscreen mode can also be toggled on or off in the in-game Options tab or the log in screen.

When you have set your preferred graphics options, your settings will be remembered as the default every time you log in on that machine. You may change these graphics options at any point.

If you have further questions, or are having trouble playing RuneScape HD, please visit the FAQS, found here.

Playing in the old detail modes:

To access the old High or Low Detail modes, click the left-hand 'RuneScape' button on the Detail Select page. This option manages to be both the old detail modes, rolled into one! You will be able to use the in-game Graphics Options menu to choose the exact level of detail you wish to play in. If you turn everything to minimum you get the old Low Detail mode, and if you turn everything to maximum you get the old High Detail mode.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2008 Jagex Ltd.

Use of this website is subject to our Terms+Conditions and Privacy Policy.[/hide]

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woooooooooot and new graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \' \' \' ::' :thumbsup: i opened up runescape.com and sall the website maitnence then it froze so i x'ed it out and opened it again and i was like :shock: :o omg!

EDIt:can anyone get rs to load? and it seems jagex has a few layout problems with new site

EDIT AGAIN:OMG i got it to load :shock: cant wait!!!

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

...Can't get onto the worlds -.-

EDIT:I'm F2P, but here's what I think

Good

-New login screen looks cool

-Same goes for logo

-Shadows \'

Bad

-Talking animation looks like bobble heads

-I try talking to random NPCs and they don't seem to reply

-Wearing my woolly hat gives me something that looks like a mohawk :shock:

-I liked the old website layout better (and the logout button)

mememe513.png

Anyone else finding the new RS website INCREDIBLY slow to load? I can load any other webpage fine...

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

yay it looks fantastic :D

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Woke up this morning to play and when i saw the home page i said..."Damn i must be still asleep"

I hope my computer can run the new updates.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

arghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 4 hours til i can get home to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12