How long will the Beta last?

jenova1692

Oh and for anyone wondering, Full Screen won't be f2p. I believe that was said somewhere.Gotta have your ads. ;)

So true

RuneScape HD won't be out until most of the major graphic bugs are fixed, and after E3. There might even be a chance if it doesn't appeal to people at E3, HD might be removed.

LOL, they are going to throw their hard work down the drain?

This is Jagex we're talking about, what do you think?

mememe513.png

Well i was thinking about this as well, but i am quite worried...

The Grand Exchange Database is still has the Beta symbol and it has been out for ages now!!!

I really don't know how long it will stay a beta for....

Remember, this is the actual game we're talking about right now. A database is less important than the actual focus, AKA the game. It'll last a couple of weeks.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I am so glad I have a computer that does not seem affected (much) by the mass lag. I was able to play pretty normally on worlds 1 and 2 back in the hayday of pre exchange merchanting (if I left the major citys there were almost no pauses).

As robinhoodie said, the f2p won't get full screen because of the ads, but they will surly get HD because it is a huge marketing tool. I love the new jig (ie riverdance) and the new dance kicks the old dances arse. Dont know if they look any different on the old details but its definatly improved in beta HD.

RuneScape has been reworked and now looks better than ever! If you are a member, you will be able to access this update by following the directions below. If you are a free player, you can expect to be playing RuneScape HD as soon as the Beta period is over. Free players who select RuneScape HD will receive a preview of the new graphics, meaning they can see how it runs on their machines, but will be unable to play in it.

HD will be Ftp when it is over. As mentioned my guess is that full-screen will be mem only as for the already mentioned reasons. ;)

Thank you, people obviously don't read the news posts. As for us F2P not getting fullscreen, it's understandable, but good ol' 800X600 resolution will do just fine...

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

HAHAHA! A few months? Beta testing for a game lasts no more than a couple of weeks first, then they finalize it and release it. LotR online, Halo 3 Beta, lasted no more than a few weeks, maybe more or less, I'm not sure (although I am sure not a couple of months or more). It's just to test the game so we can bring our queries to them and they can fix it. This thread has been giving me some laughs, as the HD graphics will be for F2P, they said it in their news post.

You don't know what you're talking about. I've been Beta Testing a game since February, that's over 4 months, and it was already in beta for a good 5-6 months before that too.

It's got atleast another month left of beta, maybe as long as until December-ish.

So no, not all BETAs last a "few weeks". Although I assume this one will not last too long, will probably be F2P before the end of the month.

14th July, that's my guess.

Sorry did I miss something?

Is there a statement saying that's an estimate of when? Or speculation?

jsut 3hitu pretending to know jmods. anyway i prop at some days before the e3 release ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

It will get released when all of the really major bugs are smoothed over. I don't think that it was a good idea for them to release these things all at once. For example, everything which also affected the lower details (human chat heads, all monster shadows, area graphical improvements) should have been released before the big one.

But, you can't change the past without causing some kind of universe-destroying paradox, so I guess they just have to fix all of them first and then let the f2pers in.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

HAHAHA! A few months? Beta testing for a game lasts no more than a couple of weeks first, then they finalize it and release it. LotR online, Halo 3 Beta, lasted no more than a few weeks, maybe more or less, I'm not sure (although I am sure not a couple of months or more). It's just to test the game so we can bring our queries to them and they can fix it. This thread has been giving me some laughs, as the HD graphics will be for F2P, they said it in their news post.

lol i laugh at that. I remember when RS2 was just coming out the beta lasted well over a month. In fact f2p was only allowed to play for the last bit and that alone was close to a month I think. The members got to play the beta for long before that.

Well my guess would be when e3 is.. which is July 15-17. I expect them to announce it at the convention that they are releasing the actualy high detail runescape to the masses. Of course if this doesnt happen, then I expect them to announce when they will be planning to release it at e3.

EDIT: Put actual date in for e3 because I wasnt certain what days it was being held

1icyna.png

lol i laugh at that. I remember when RS2 was just coming out the beta lasted well over a month. In fact f2p was only allowed to play for the last bit and that alone was close to a month I think. The members got to play the beta for long before that.

But thats because it was basically an entire new game, new layout, avatars, everything. This isn't RS3, it's just a graphical update, so beta shouldn't last as long. Which reminds me, I should have put Beta testing for a game usually lasts a couple of weeks because Darkdude is right, some games beta test forever.

Umm...No. For starters the Tabula Rasa beta lasted from March to November last year. The Grand Exchange Beta has been going on for a few months. Halo3 had the Epsilon Beta before the public test. I know mods that have been in beta for years. They Hunger has been almost complete since 2005. Google Labs betas have been going since 2005-2006.

It all depends on how far into development the company is as to how long the beta will last.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Your right, i meant to mention that RS2 was essentially a whole new game. However, my point remains the same. Not all games have short, 2 week betas.

'K :D . And yes I agree, and like I said before I should have put that usually games won't have long beta testing, however there are games that do. Glad thats resolved, then... ::'

Umm...No. For starters the Tabula Rasa beta lasted from March to November last year. The Grand Exchange Beta has been going on for a few months. Halo3 had the Epsilon Beta before the public test. I know mods that have been in beta for years. They Hunger has been almost complete since 2005. Google Labs betas have been going since 2005-2006.

It all depends on how far into development the company is as to how long the beta will last.

Already conceded to the wrong...A little late there, Omali? :P

I agree with the guys that say HD will be f2p after E3. If I were developing somethign to be released at E3, I would make sure everything worked by then. And if everything works by then, than ti will become available to free players.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the guys at Jagex said that fullscreen will be f2p, though tey can change this stance.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

So true

RuneScape HD won't be out until most of the major graphic bugs are fixed, and after E3. There might even be a chance if it doesn't appeal to people at E3, HD might be removed.

LOL, they are going to throw their hard work down the drain?

This is Jagex we're talking about, what do you think?

I think you need a logic pill. ;)