The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

As i've worked out from posts on the RSOF:

The devourer is something from ictharins little helper quest, but it was ages ago when i did it and i can't remember it. Anybody want to shed some light?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was gonna say this from start but 2 people kinda beat me, majarrat, however you spell it, came from the north, was the devourer not part of them or something like that?

and wasnt the new slayer quest to do with the devourer too? that might be totally wrong but im sure it were

baileydafrog.png

Devourer... Cats... Hmm...

Also, I just tried making something of Danq's list of words so far:

...Help...Beast...Killing...Family

...Beast...Life...Me and...Need help

Hurry...Stuck...Agony...Death

Please..Can Hear...Help..Slowly Killing...All

Out there...Need...Is Devouring...Stops

Someone please...Pain...Away

...Save...Is Dying...Have much...Left

...Anyone...Help...please

...Devouring...soul

Help, the beast is killing my family, the beast is taking away my life. Me and my family need help.

Hurry, we're stuck in agony, death is near by.

Please, if you can hear me, help, it's slowly killing us all,

Is anyone out there, we need help. The thing that is devouring never stops.

Someone please, take the pain away.

Save us, my family is dying, we don't have much time left.

Anyone... Help us please...

It is devouring our soul.

That's the best I can do...

I'm thinking those ruins used to be a city. They got attacked by the Devourer, which slowly killed all the inhabitants and made the city into ruins. This one citizen died, but has yet to realize, so he still roams our world seeking for help.

Can someone try to take a cat there along with an ammy of catspeak.

Amascut doesn't like cats :)

i was gonna say this from start but 2 people kinda beat me, majarrat, however you spell it, came from the north, was the devourer not part of them or something like that?

and wasnt the new slayer quest to do with the devourer too? that might be totally wrong but im sure it were

I just have to revel in my geekiness, Amascut's (the devourer) brother, Itchlarin brought the Mahjarrat to Gielnor originally (before they found a stronger leader in Zaros), she used to be a good God but seeing the chaos of the Mahjarrat changed her forever or something.

Dark_Jab.png

not to be pushy, but can someone put up a pic exactly where they encountered these mysterious noises

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

On the world map, named 'Ruins' Inbetween clan wars and bounty hunter.

I found the devourer:

080704004300se9.png

Catolax from the smoking kills quest

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

ill go back with my cat. See if it has anything interesting to say

edit: dropped kitten and wily hellcat, said nothing out of the ordinary. I'm would bet its not the devourer as a ghost speak ammy is needed

Tip.it's official Ninja

wow, this is very interesting. what was the storyline like in enkahra's layament? didn't it mention something about two people devouring themselves in a final battle?

also: anybody up for making a team in world 99 to further investigate?

my decode:

...Help us, (unknown) Beast Killing my Family

the Beast has no essance of Life ,Me and (KEYWORD)Need help

Hurry, the weapon is Stuck in the place of Agony and Death

Please retrieve it, Can you Hear me? We need your cat to Help .the beast is Slowly Killing us All

(most intriguing line) Anybody Out there, we Need laxatives, the beast Is Devouring our souls. Stops (unknown)

Someone please take my Pain Away

...Save (NAME), she/he Is Dying we dont Have much time Left

...Anyone...Help us please

the beast is Devouring my soul

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

but in all seriousness, i would like to be honored as the first one to suggest DESERT TREASURE 2

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

but in all seriousness, i would like to be honored as the first one to suggest DESERT TREASURE 2

Hmm, interesting. I hope so. How'd you figure that out?

My friend discovered this too today, kinda scary.

I think you guys are overreacting.

The same thing happens in the Underground Pass.

Underground pass 2!!!

but seriously, its not in the same manner. In underground pass, the guy is like trying to drive you nuts or convert you, this whatever it is, is reaching out to someone for help, not to hinder. PLus in the underground pass, the person contacting you (iban) was alive. This thing is obviously dead as we need a ghostspeak ammy to hear it

Tip.it's official Ninja

I first encountered the voice while heading into the wilderness for a coordinate clue scroll. I'm playing the closest thing to the old-school low-detail mode, this is unaffected by the graphical mode, though it would seem it was released simultaneously. While it could very possibly be related to a new quest or minigame, perhaps this is just an attempt to make the wilderness scarier than it already is. I intend on bringing a few of my friends and scouring the wilderness for any other areas like this.

The location, besides being inside some ruins. is considerably close to the entrance to bounty hunter. This positioning seems a little awkward to me, unless they are somehow connected. Why have two seperate unrelated mini-quest/game/event 'things' this close to each other?

Considering that the bounty hunter minigame is located where the first murder in Gielinor occured, approximately, perhaps the general vicinity is either directly or indirectly affected on some spiritual level? Perhaps the land is cursed, beyond the norm of the wilderness anyway....

damoon3hi7.png

Hmm.. This gets you thinking.. Like who would have found general Khazard there for shadow sword?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Could this possibly be connected to the peninsula on the northeast side of the Wilderness? I'm talking about the one with the "maze" similarity. These look like ruins to. im scared too, so scared, i haven't set foot in wildy for 3 months.

I really do hope it is a mini quest, But if it is its damn hard to find the start if it is. My feeling is that it either IS or will be a mini quest or be of some relevance otherwise a j mod would have said on the forums (edit:rsof) Perhaps if dark dude reads this he can get some sort of response from a j mod <3: :P :lol:

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.