The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

Anyone heard of "The Wilderness campain" and the downfall of zaros?

[hide=Story of the Betrayal of zaros][edit] Betrayal Zamorak, a Mahjarrat general under Zaros, wanted to become a god and leader of the Mahjarrat. With his close Mahjarrat followers Hazeel and Zemouregal, as well as the Vampyre Lord Drakan and others, he plotted Zaros' downfall. To defeat Zaros though they needed a powerful artifact, such as the Staff of Armadyl.

[edit] Staff of Armadyl Veldez, a faithful Saradominist, stumbled upon the Staff of Armadyl, who knew that it was a very powerful God Staff and could not fall into the wrong hands. However, a thief called Rennard found Veldez, knocked him unconscious and stole the Staff. He intended to sell it to Zaros, but his messenger, Kharrim, instead took it to General Zamorak of the Mahjarrat, who was mortal during that era. Another Saradominist called Lennissa found out about the sale and gave it to a Saradomnist Mage called Dhalak. Dhalak was supposed to pass it to Saradomin himself, but he enchanted the Staff so that Zaros could not detect it and then gave it to Zamorak so Zamorak could rebel against Zaros.

[edit] Betrayal Zamorak, accompanied by his loyal followers- many of the Mahjarrats, Vampyres, Demons, and a human called Viggora, set out to attack the castle where Zaros resided

Whilst the followers of Zamorak distracted the guards, Zamorak sneaked behind Zaros and stabbed him with the staff of Armadyl to weaken him.

Although weakened, Zaros seized Zamorak by his throat, attempting to kill him. Miraculously, Zaros tripped and fell, causing the staff to stab him even deeper.

The staff had also impaled Zamorak, thus delivering some of Zaros' power to Zamorak, and turning Zamorak into a god.

[edit] Aftermath Zaros faded from RuneScape while Zamorak seemed to become more real. However, before he was banished, Zaros uttered a curse unto Veldez and all those involved in the rebellion. The curse was to make them wander around Gielinor as ghosts for eternity. The following six people were affected by the curse:

Veldez, a Saradominist

Rennard, a seemingly Zarosian thief

Kharrim, a Zamorakian messenger

Lennissa, a Saradominist spy

Dhalak, Lennisa's boss

Viggora, a Zamorakian warrior

Zamorak was also affected by Zaros' curse, but because he became a god, he couldn't die.

However, the others involved were seemingly unaffected. Viggora theorizes that it was because all of Zamorak's other followers were magical and so the curse was much less effective on them. Zamorak won the rebellion in the end.

Followers of Zaros were actively hunted by followers of both Saradomin and Zamorak, hinting they worked together to bring Zaros down. However, Zamorak soon turned against Saradomin and other gods, starting the God Wars. Even during the God Wars, when Zamorak battled with other gods, he occasionally joined forces with Saradomin to fight off the remaining followers of Zaros.[/hide]

the wilderness campaign:

The Wilderness, during the second age, was part of Zaros's domain. Upon Zaros's defeat and the beginning of the God Wars, the Wilderness becomes a centre of warfare as a multitude of races and factions attempt to lay waste to the remaining Zarosians. By the end of the Wars, the Wilderness, which had been a forested paradise, is permanently scarred by the war and barren of all but the most twisted of life.

it could be that the ghost is a victim of the staffs curse!

all has been taken from rswiki.com

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a few trails, all I got in my chatbox was a bunch of messages saying "Woooowoo... woo... woooo...".

Does one need to be wearing a ghostspeak amulet for actual words to appear?

On a few trails, all I got in my chatbox was a bunch of messages saying "Woooowoo... woo... woooo...".

Does one need to be wearing a ghostspeak amulet for actual words to appear?

yeah you need it to read it properley in your chatbox

is it also in the free world?

2nv5bvl.png

ok this may be the first time i posted and been on the forums but....

remember the quest a souls bane? and how tolna got at up by that thing that turned into the fissure? and also the cut scene where he says something like "this evil creature(or something) made the fissure".

well it could be the lead up to the next part of it

they should have made one and they could have now

can you hear the holy mountains?

Guys, I dont think this is the devourer, the devourer is in the desert... but what if the ruins are that mahjarrat city.... whats its name?
I Seached the rs wiki,the ruins arnt a zarosian fortress/city/settlement ;)

2nv5bvl.png

That decoded message is too disturbing compared to the Underground Pass messages. That's just...I don't know...pure evil :thumbdown:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

The difference is we KNOW who the voice belongs to in underground pass and its linked to the quest.

(my favorite quest BTW)

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

People keep talking about a J-Mod post confirming this is something we can complete now on the RSOF, i'm trying to find it for proof as we speak.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think you guys are overreacting.

The same thing happens in the Underground Pass.

God, I remember that. I was SO scared. Thought that someone would jump out and kill me any moment.

I have to agree with you, mix a depressing hell-like place like the Underground Pass with tough demon-like monsters standing on thin ledges that you could fall anytime with souless creatures trapped in cages and add a little spice of echoe voices (That is hell eerie), and you'll get the most creepy thing you can experience aside from a screamer.

Today I did a clue and went to the Ruins in the wilderness to dig up a spot, my chatbox went crazy with "Woos woo woo woo woo woo", and no that is not Ric Flair drunk.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

This ghost is very similar to the lvl 2 man in the forgotten cemetary. I'd say it's just a random npc just for talking. It is NOT a ghost in the ghost robes/sword mini-quest. ALL of the ghosts are named. As for the voices, I got to check it out.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

We were informed by a j-mod that we had stumbled upon an actual event. Hidden or not and that it is actually completable NOW. But with all of our fruitless efforts we have been forced to wait until the word from Jagex to point us in the right direction.

This quote is taken from the RSOF, I'm looking for the actual post by the J-mod, I'll edit it in if I find it. Let's crack this!

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

We were informed by a j-mod that we had stumbled upon an actual event. Hidden or not and that it is actually completable NOW. But with all of our fruitless efforts we have been forced to wait until the word from Jagex to point us in the right direction.

This quote is taken from the RSOF, I'm looking for the actual post by the J-mod, I'll edit it in if I find it. Let's crack this!

Me too, i've yet to find it so i'm presuming there is no post atm.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

are we just getting abit to ahead of outselfs?

for all we know it could be nothing, a bit of text about evil while were in the wild nothing to new there.

So you're trolling here about something that actually has some proof and is actually happening, while you're sure that your picture isn't fake while there is no reason that is not, hypocrite.. #-o

are we just getting abit to ahead of outselfs?

for all we know it could be nothing, a bit of text about evil while were in the wild nothing to new there.

says the guy who posted a fake pic about a new sailing skill

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one