Offical NDS thread.

Nadril

I've been wanting to make this thread for a bit, haven't thought how to start it.

Anyways, I thought it would be a good thing to have a thread where we can talk about the latest NDS games coming out, but also a thread to help answer anyone curious about homebrew on the NDS.

Homebrew:

R4DS card: this is the bulk of what you need for homebrew. It allows you to put in a MicroSD card to play homebrew apps.

The R4DS card is what I would recommend purely because it is entirely plug and play. You put the "OS" of sort on it and after that putting on new games and apps is as simple as putting the file on the card.

NDS.DcEMU: is probably my favorite site for homebrew apps and games for the NDS.

So, what can you do with this card? Well, I'll recommend a few apps for starters (and others can always add more here).

SNemuDS: is a pretty strong SNES emulator for the DS. While it can't run all SNES roms it can play a decent majority of them well. Highlights are playing Zelda III perfectly and Super mario world.

NesDS: is probably the best NES emulator. I actually have a full set of 1000 NES roms on my R4 card right now, and it hasn't had a problem with a single one so far.

DSDoom: Don't have a link, but allows you to play Doom I or II on your DS. Controls quite well and well worth it.

DukeNukem 3D DS: another awesome DS mod, allowing you to play Duke Nukem 3D. Only problem is control is a bit sloppy, but I don't know if they've fixed that or not.

Colors: a fully functional paint program for the DS, taking advantage of the touch screen. Sensitivity works on it, so the harder you press down (within reason) the darker the mark you make. Actually pretty powerful and worth it.

Plenty of other great homebrew out there but I won't list it all.

Upcoming DS Games:

Upcoming games to look forward to!

Chrono Trigger DS: Seriously, no explanation needed. A CT remake for the DS.

FF4DS: Another remake, but looks pretty damn solid to me.

N+ DS: This game ruled my life during computer class my senior year of high school, and it's coming to the DS.

NEW games:

Some games worth mentioning and that I would recommend.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: I feel that, for once, the IGN review states it the best here -

Daemon Hatfield misses the PlayStation iteration, but can't deny the addictive quality still present in the Advance series: "It would be nice to get another mature Tactics game like the original, but A2 won me over quickly with its beautiful visuals and deep, strategic gameplay. This is one of those desert island games you'd want with you if you were stranded with nothing to do."

The game is incredibly deep. I'm only ~5 hours in or so so far and I haven't even scratched the surface. I highly recommend this to those who enjoyed FFTA.

Space Invaders Extreme: While the idea sounds... bad, it's a seriously addictive game. It really runs with the idea of upgrading space invaders and does it in style 8-) .

----

So, what are you guys playing? What's your game collection look like?

Oh and feel free to post wireless codes for games and all that good stuff too. I know we had a thread a while back for it, seems to have died though.

My NDS Collection:

Games:

Yoshi Touch & Go

WarioWare Touched!

Super Mario 64 DS

Bomberman

Castlvania- Dawn of sorrow

Tony Hawk's American SK8Land

Mario and Luigi- Partners in time

Age of Empires

Metroid Prime hunters

Brain Age

Star Fox Command

New Super mario Bros

Yoshi Island DS

Final Fantasy III

Pokemon Diamond

Sonic Rush adventure 1+2

Call of Duty 4

Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Contra 4

Orcs and Elves

Final Fantasy XII

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin / Advance Wars - Dual strike

Ninja Gaiden - Dragon sword

The world ends with you

Space Invaders Extreme

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Homebrew:

DSDoom (Doom II)

Duke Nukem 3D DS

Colors

DS Organize

WinDS (useless lol)

Emulators:

SNemuDS:

Zelda III

Super Mario World

Gradius (II?)

Alladin

Genesis Emulator: (forgot name)

Sonic and Knuckles

Earthworm Jim

NESDS:

All games. (1000+)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd post my R4 contents, but I can't find my DS for some reason.

With the Doom port can you only play the section (knee deep in the dead)? That's what happened to me.

I can't get either DSQuake or DSduke to work for some reason. Do you know anywhere I could find a WAD file for quake 1?

jjroxlu7.jpg

I'd post my R4 contents, but I can't find my DS for some reason.

With the Doom port can you only play the section (knee deep in the dead)? That's what happened to me.

I can't get either DSQuake or DSduke to work for some reason. Do you know anywhere I could find a WAD file for quake 1?

I actually haven't gotten that far into the Doom port. I'm still not sure if the .WAD I had was shareware or full.

As far as the quake 1 WAD, I would recommend just looking for a torrent of it -- probably the easiest way. reminds me I need to get Hexen/heretic WAD's though.

I'm excited about Chrono Trigger :D. I'm also considering to get the new FFT game, although I really didn't like the story in FFT... They're also remaking the first Fire Emblem game, and I hope it gets localized.

As for my collection, I've got six games. Ace Attorney 1-4, Pokemon Pearl, and New SMB. I also have a number of GBA games.

I haven't played my DS in a while though, but I'm really looking forward to some games.

Your links arent working.

I have R4, and have been looking for SNES Emulators for it for ages, thanks for that, i just need the link working :-#

Yup, R4 is the best, it saves you from spending far too much money on mediocre, but must play games *Coughphantomhourglasscough*

Also, space invaders extreme is amazing. Its probably one of the best DS games i've played for a long time.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Your links arent working.

I have R4, and have been looking for SNES Emulators for it for ages, thanks for that, i just need the link working :-#

Yup, R4 is the best, it saves you from spending far too much money on mediocre, but must play games *Coughphantomhourglasscough*

Just try googling it for now, I think the site I use is down. :P

My younger brother and my two younger sisters all have DS's, so I use them a lot. I like the New Super Mario Bros. the most. It's the only DS game I play, really. It's pretty fun.

Nadril, it looks like you really tricked out your DS! That sounds cool. So, these codes enable online play? Is that possible? I've heard of DS Download, but online play? Really?

My younger brother and my two younger sisters all have DS's, so I use them a lot. I like the New Super Mario Bros. the most. It's the only DS game I play, really. It's pretty fun.

Nadril, it looks like you really tricked out your DS! That sounds cool. So, these codes enable online play? Is that possible? I've heard of DS Download, but online play? Really?

Internet play requires a special "friend code" from each game that is generated. It's just used to add people to your friends list and find matches with them.

Most games can find random matches too.

• 2 weeks later...

I fail to see Final Fantasy XII here. :cry:

It's a really, really, good game and I would recommend it to anyone regardless of whether or not you like the FF series (which I think you do Nadril, considering the other FF game you put in your 'Upcoming Games' list).

I really can't say much about it in a negative light, except that it is quite easy for most of the game, and then suddenly the difficulty switches abruptly, but other than that, I find it to be perfect.

Awesome game, especially if you particularly like FF games or RTS games (yes, it's an RTS, which I don't usually like, but in this case, it's amazing).

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

It's a really, really, good game and I would recommend it to anyone regardless of whether or not you like the FF series (which I think you do Nadril, considering the other FF game you put in your 'Upcoming Games' list).

I really can't say much about it in a negative light, except that it is quite easy for most of the game, and then suddenly the difficulty switches abruptly, but other than that, I find it to be perfect.

Awesome game, especially if you particularly like FF games or RTS games (yes, it's an RTS, which I don't usually like, but in this case, it's amazing).

It's on my list of games I have, haven't really played it though.

Well go play it now.

Click here.

Well go play it now.

Playing Age of Conan lol.

Plus if I'm gunna play my DS it'll be either FFTA2 or Space invaders extreme. :thumbup:

Plus if I'm gunna play my DS it'll be either FFTA2 or Space invaders extreme. :thumbup:

I played Final Fantasy Tactics for the GBA and I didn't like it for some reason.

Everyone said it was great, amazing, blah, blah... But I couldn't get into it.

OK.. All I'm asking is that you flip it on for 5 minutes and see if you aren't hooked. I can't imagine Space invaders extreme being better than FFXII.

Click here.

Did you ever try out LostMagic? I remember you saying you would on another thread. I can't gaurantee you'll like it though.

p2gq.jpg

I played Final Fantasy Tactics for the GBA and I didn't like it for some reason.

Everyone said it was great, amazing, blah, blah... But I couldn't get into it.

OK.. All I'm asking is that you flip it on for 5 minutes and see if you aren't hooked. I can't imagine Space invaders extreme being better than FFXII.

Space invaders extreme is actually a really good game.

Did you ever try out LostMagic? I remember you saying you would on another thread. I can't gaurantee you'll like it though

No, actually I haven't. Is it worth picking up?

I suggest people with a DS goes out and buy FFIV. Damn it is excellent, and I would have to say is on the level with FFIX in terms of sound and graphics.

It adds so much more to the story by seeing and hearing the people in 3d.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The r4ds card looks cool. Where could I get one, and about how much does it go for? It will give me another reason to keep saving up for that DS.. :geek:

You have to order them online from Chinese retailers, might be hard to find now though.

I suggest people with a DS goes out and buy FFIV. Damn it is excellent, and I would have to say is on the level with FFIX in terms of sound and graphics.

Yeah I got it the other day, very nice.

Hurray, good reviews. I was planning on buying it, and now I'm going to buy it for sure. Final Fantasy III was amazing, and I'm expecting even better from Final Fantasy IV.

Click here.

Hurray, good reviews. I was planning on buying it, and now I'm going to buy it for sure. Final Fantasy III was amazing, and I'm expecting even better from Final Fantasy IV.

Yeah, after I beat FF3 (got it a few days ago), I'll buy FF4. Sounds great.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

I found this image on the internet and couldn't resist to post it.

40 GB Nintendo DS.

ide-to-nds.jpg

http://www.natrium42.com/blog/?p=39

On topic: Well I was thinking of getting a DS but I need your advice on one thing. I could either buy a normal DS for like 75 pounds? or a DS Lite for 100 pounds, I might get the normal one for 25 pounds less but I want to know if the Lite is any better.

igsig.png