Graphically updated monsters

I found that on Wikipedia. It shows the moves with the prayer which need to be used on Jad.

The person in that video has contacted Tip.It via me (who also edits on Wikipedia) asking us whether we wanted access to her impressive range of videos.

After careful consideration it was decided the file sizes were simply too big and shouldn't be included in the guides as this would be unfair to 56K Dial-up users. I don't know whether the Crew's position on that has changed, but that was certainly the case when I was on.

[Odie edit: This is still the case. ;) ]

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we do not use pictures that already appear on someone else's website, including Jagex's. We need pics that players have taken themselves in the game.

If you would, please remove any pics that came from elsewhere. We do appreciate your desire to help us out. :)

Ah, okay. Sorry, didn't know that. #-o

bannerzi.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I'd love to be able to help update the images and I have some spare time on my hands so I'll post new pictures whenever I'm able to. Heres one that I have done now:

Yak id=852

id852ao8.png

I can clean images as well as take some screenies.

I'll post some more once I've got them done.

I've noticed Ddraiggoch06 has a black outlining on the ones he has made transparent. Would it be better if my images were the same? If so can anyone tell me how it is done?

~Done now - Cowman

On the database all the pictures should be a gif (not done in paint as paint ruins it, if using paint save as a png) format and have a 1pt outline. To do the outline you use programs such as Photoshop or the freeware Gimp. However on this thread it great just to get a cropped pic. We have a few volunteers who do do it or a crewbie will get to it. :) Thanks a ton for the help!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Hmm. I have photoshop but don't know the exact steps to make the 1pt border. Should I save it as a .gif without the border or leave it as .png?

Or can someone tell me how to make the 1pt border?

Just a quick note, I haven't been credited for any of the recent ones I made transparent. Not a huge issue, it doesn't really bother me, but just to tell you incase you forgot to credit other people.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Just a quick note, I haven't been credited for any of the recent ones I made transparent. Not a huge issue, it doesn't really bother me, but just to tell you incase you forgot to credit other people.

Ah em ah oops :oops: Sorry that would of been my fault. You see odie was busy and I had a small but of free time so I told em I would him and I'm sorry I forgot your name I was kinda in a rush at it as well. But your credited now. Thanks for the help and the reminder. :thumbup: :thumbup:

howlin1eeveesig.png

Ah em ah oops :oops: Sorry that would of been my fault. You see odie was busy and I had a small but of free time so I told em I would him and I'm sorry I forgot your name I was kinda in a rush at it as well. But your credited now. Thanks for the help and the reminder. :thumbup: :thumbup:

No problem, and thanks :thumbsup:

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

• 2 weeks later...
id be glad to help but can some one tell me how to take pics bcuz the way i do it is print screen and put into paint and the pics come out to fuzzy

Print Screen, Paint, Save as, PNG!

:P

The last part is the important one. :P jpeg screws pics up (from paint anyways)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• 1 month later...

Level 10 Barbarian ID: 5

Barbarian.png

Chicken ID: 23

Chicken2.png

Cow ID: 27

Cow.png

Duck ID: 35

Duck.png

Cow Calf ID: 550

CowCalf.png

Narf ID: 617

Narf.png

Rusty ID: 619

Rusty.png

Cuffs ID: 620

Cuffs.png

Jeff ID: 622

Jeff.png

Ram ID: 666 :o

Ram.png

I don't know how to fiddle with the backgrounds (I only have Paint), but I hope these are useful anyway!

All done. Thanks! ::' ~halo2

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I would first like to thank everyone who has helped out with the pictures. You have been a great help (please don't stop helping :P)!

From now on, I would like to ask everyone who takes pictures to do so with AA (Anti-aliasing) OFF. Yes, with AA on, it makes it look better, but it makes our lives harder - which isn't what we want. :lol:

So please leave it off when you take a picture of a Bestiary monster. Thank you. :P

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I would first like to thank everyone who has helped out with the pictures. You have been a great help (please don't stop helping :P)!

From now on, I would like to ask everyone who takes pictures to do so with AA (Anti-aliasing) OFF. Yes, with AA on, it makes it look better, but it makes our lives harder - which isn't what we want. :lol:

So please leave it off when you take a picture of a Bestiary monster. Thank you. :P

:thumbsup: Dunno about anyone else, but it makes my life easier. AA makes me lag. Should I re-do the monsters i submitted above with AA off, or just do future pics with it off and leave the already submitted ones as they are?

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

:P You should try playing RS on a laptop with integrated graphics. Now that's just pathetic... :lol:

It looks like only the first 2 have it. If you can, and it wouldn't be a problem, then beautiful. However, if you can't, that's ok. In any case, thanks for the pics and will get to work on the others as soon as possible! Let me know about the first two. :P

halo2sigcj2.png

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

:P You should try playing RS on a laptop with integrated graphics. Now that's just pathetic... :lol:

It looks like only the first 2 have it. If you can, and it wouldn't be a problem, then beautiful. However, if you can't, that's ok. In any case, thanks for the pics and will get to work on the others as soon as possible! Let me know about the first two. :P

Here ya go, level 10 Barbarian (ID: 5) and Chicken (ID: 23) with AA off.

Barbarian-1.png

It's a different graphical type than the one I posted before, but it's definitely level 10, I double-checked.

Chicken.png

EDIT:

Got Gimp and was playing around with it. Not sure is someone's already gotten around to transparent-izing the images I submitted, but in case they haven't, here's the duck and cow. More soon if I can handle using my touchpad long enough.

ID: 35

duck2.png

ID: 27

Cow2.png

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Thank you very much! Although don't kill yourself with the touchpad...I know how that feels. :)

Good work with the transparent-izing, and keep up the good work. These really help. :D

halo2sigcj2.png

Back home with my mouse ( <3: ) and I've got some more done. I'm glad these are helping. :D

ID: 23

Chicken2-1.png

ID: 550

CowCalf2.png

ID: 617

Narf2.png

ID: 619

Rusty2.png

ID: 620

Cuffs2.png

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Hey, thanks. I'm already doing Jeff and the Ram, so no need to do those. Btw, don't save the transparencies in PNG format; save them in GIF format, please (but remember, only do so if using GIMP or PS or some other good photo editing software, not like MS Paint).

Awesome job, will get them uploaded soon. :mrgreen:

EDIT: All done. Thanks for the awesome job. :P

halo2sigcj2.png

Btw, don't save the transparencies in PNG format; save them in GIF format, please (but remember, only do so if using GIMP or PS or some other good photo editing software, not like MS Paint).

Whoops. #-o Well, went on another screenshotting spree, so I've got a bunch more monsters transparent-ized...and saved in GIF format! \'

Giant Rat ID: 46

GiantRat.gif

Giant Spider ID: 48

GiantSpider.gif

Imp ID: 74

Imp.gif

Rat ID: 109

rat.gif

Spider ID: 126

spider.gif

Wormbrain ID: 149

wormbrain.gif

Woman ID: 184

woman.gif

Seagull -2- ID: 545

seagull.gif

Barbarian -5- ID: 918

Barbarian5.gif

Jonny the Beard ID: 919

JonnytheBeard.gif

Duckling ID: 920

duckling.gif

Man ID: 88

man.gif

All done thanks ~Howlin~

I wasn't sure about the man. I know I saw a post in this thread with a pic, and the pic on the site looks HD, but "Man" wasn't green and glowy on the list. *shrug* So, just in case, I grabbed him.

And speaking of green and glowy, the tag around the level 21 guard is missing a bracket. :)

And not to be annoying or anything, but most of the creatures I submitted pics for have my name in the credits now - except the calf. :D I think he's feeling a bit left out.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Whoops. Guess I forgot the calf. Don't worry, you've been credited. And good spotting with that missing bracket. I could've sworn I saw that... -.-

Great work on the transparent-izing. I'll do them when I get back later, 'cause I have to go soon.

halo2sigcj2.png

I think you guys might have missed the ones I posted on the previous page so I'll just post them again here:

(Sorry I haven't changed them to GIF, so perhaps someone else could do that?)

Yak id=852

id852ao8.png ~Done (Cowman)

Billy Goat id=824

id824ik0.png ~Done (Cowman)

Crocodile id=473

id473aq6.png

[pokemama edit: I did the croc it was so awesome I couldn't wait lol!]

Jackal id=475

id475xx9.png ~Done (Cowman)

Eh I also just realized that for some reason they still have bits of the background in them. (Speckles and stuff) Don't know how they got there again.. :|

[Cowman edit: If you are using photoshop, I recommend using the block erase tool for erasing around the edges and the pencil erase tool for the big chunks. I find the brush makes it take forever. If you are using this method already, ignore me :P]

Well, not to wear anyone out, but I've got more. I don't really see much difference between the Giant Rat I posted before (which was level 3) and the Giant Rat I'm posting now (level 6) or between the earlier Seagull (level 2) and the new Seagull (level 3), but in the interests of accuracy, I'm posting the new ones. I'm also posting two pics of the Drunken Man. One is small, but more like the other pics, the other he actually looks drunk; you can pick which one to use.

Giant Rat -2- ID: 47

GiantRat-2-.gif

Goblin -2- ID: 57

Goblin-2-.gif

Mugger ID: 96

mugger.gif

Snake ID: 290

snake.gif~Done by Cowman

Seagull -1- ID: 546

Seagull-1-.gif Done ~Cowman

Gardener ID: 623

Gardener.gif

Gardener -2- ID: 624

gardener-2-.gif

Drunken Man ID: 629

drunkenman.gifDrunkenman2.gif

Goblin -7- ID: 818

Goblin-7-.gif

All done thanks ~Howlin~

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

• 3 weeks later...
im bored and have nothing to do atm so im gonna get tons of f2p pics k no i dont have photoshop but im pretty good at cropping it does take a while but in ms paint zoom in 800% and erase pixel by pixel :)

Why crop pixel by pixel? Just grab the edges and drag them in to the right spot. If you're talking about turning the background white, then...ouch. If you want to just upload the pics, I can edit out the background for you, save you a little work. Oh, and I figured out how to add the 1 pt. outline, so I can even do that now.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog