New Runescape Banner Hint

Cha0sx

I now believe that cape the guy is wearing is actually a music achievement cape, it looks a bit like a harp and there is supposedly a music cape now in the item cache for runescape.

edit - it seems easier to spot that there could be a harp on the cape because of a reverse shot from the jagex website:

banner_runescape.jpg

Indeed!

I was having a little trouble picturing the picture on his cape as a sail boat, but on the other hand, I couldn't figure out what it looked like, but now that you mention the Music Cape, I think it's possible.

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now believe that cape the guy is wearing is actually a music achievement cape, it looks a bit like a harp and there is supposedly a music cape now in the item cache for runescape.

edit - it seems easier to spot that there could be a harp on the cape because of a reverse shot from the jagex website:

banner_runescape.jpg

Indeed!

I was having a little trouble picturing the picture on his cape as a sail boat, but on the other hand, I couldn't figure out what it looked like, but now that you mention the Music Cape, I think it's possible.

I wouldnt understand that skill because it makes no sense, but if i see cape in cache (someone posts a pic) i dont mind

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

banner_runescape.jpg

Indeed!

I wouldnt understand that skill because it makes no sense, but if i see cape in cache (someone posts a pic) i dont mind

Who said it's a skill? The Quest Cape isn't necessarily a skillcape, but it is a Cape of Achievement. Unlocking all of the music tracks is an achievement as well.

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

banner_runescape.jpg

Indeed!

I see it going hand in hand with the quest cape, you will need to always have every song unlocked in order to use it, and it's just another method of showing off that your up to date with the game. In time, the air guitar emote just won't be good enough proof of having loads of songs as more and more will get added.

The person that stated the cape being in the cache happened to show a certain two items that people are desperate to have, but I don't think tip.it allows item cache leaks so I can't post them. But you can find them on a certain other forum :)

Dark_Jab.png

See, now this is an idea I could get behind. People have wanted a bit more recognition for things like full music archive, mini-games, and other achievements. So an implementation of new capes would be pretty cool. Then there would be skill capes and achievement capes.

Why is it with people thinking every piece of art that jagex releases has some object that might come in the game later?

Well, the Jagex crew do like to put little hints in everything they do, and seeing how some of their previous artwork had ideas in it, people assume that this does.

I am nice. . .

Über Elvarg in Über Tristram with his oh-so-über Smite prayer constantly active... oh wait, wrong game.

ahahahahaha!! flashback ftw. that'd be cool though.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

The cape has a trim so it CANT be an achievement cape.

Also the music has an emote already.

If it goes hand in hand with the quest cape, they could trim one another. And like I said about the emote, the more songs that get added, the less significance it will have.

Dark_Jab.png

The cape has a trim so it CANT be an achievement cape.

Also the music has an emote already.

Why can't it have a trim? If you alrwady have another cape it'll get trimmed, so why not with the achievement capes.

The emote is only after you get 500 songs.(right?) New songs are always going to be added, so why not show that your up to date with them?

I am nice. . .

The person that stated the cape being in the cache happened to show a certain two items that people are desperate to have, but I don't think tip.it allows item cache leaks so I can't post them. But you can find them on a certain other forum :)

There was a major leak when summoning came out, they were'nt removed so it's ok to post them here i guess.

Why do people laugh at sailing seriously think into it.

1) New islands, unlocking new islands at higher levels, new training spots, for different skills new slayer creatures.

2) Sea Battles, Sea Monsters, personally id love to see a Kraken type monster!

3) Plunder ships, for thieving.

4) Build own ship navigate to new map locations and ports such at portsarim etc for free.

Could it really be that bad?

Yes. How boring must you think it would be to train? Considering that, its training must be similar to construction, only with fewer options.

UrbanLegend.png

Why do people laugh at sailing seriously think into it.

1) New islands, unlocking new islands at higher levels, new training spots, for different skills new slayer creatures.

2) Sea Battles, Sea Monsters, personally id love to see a Kraken type monster!

3) Plunder ships, for thieving.

4) Build own ship navigate to new map locations and ports such at portsarim etc for free.

Could it really be that bad?

Yes. How boring must you think it would be to train? Considering that, its training must be similar to construction, only with fewer options.

Cargo trading could be a possible way of making cash and training.

I'd be pleased if it was a incredibly hard/long/boring skill to level. The recent skills seemed to go by too quickly.

I am nice. . .

banner_runescape.jpg

I don't see the harp you're suggesting. Also, it could probably just be another cape, not an achievement cape. Doesn't exactly have to relate with a seafaring/sailing skill either. The staff greatly resembles the Staff of Armadyl though, IMO.

And yes Laura, I agree this is either a lot of something or absolutely nothing lol....

Mod Mark H might just be throwing false hints.

I don't see any symbol on the cape, and you have to remember that the Sailing picture was a fake, or Jagex just got really bad at drawing skill symbols.

But, I do like the speculation around the staff, and I agree it looks interesting.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

What Mod Mark said about a dishonest man, thats a quote from Pirates of the Caribbean.. I guess thats boat related? He said something about stealing gold too.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

What Mod Mark said about a dishonest man, thats a quote from Pirates of the Caribbean.. I guess thats boat related? He said something about stealing gold too.

Your saying that Sailing might come? Cause to me it seems that you have good things backing you up.

What i think of the Runescape banner:

The skillcape looks like a sailling skill cape. It seems the mage is on a boat=Sailing. Also we did dragonslayer and sailed to Crandor Isle...

And i bet that's Crandor Isle. In other words, it might be a skill or just a new feature where you can get skill cape (like QP CAPE)

Good find... yet another pirate quest perhaps? Or perhaps a pirate "rank" system like the White Knight ranks you can gain? Another piratical minigame?

Quick find code: 15-16-68-57083662 First Page

FOUND A POST BY A JMOD INQUIRING THE NEW RUNESCAPE BANNER.

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

03-Jul-2008 21:02:05

Dun dun duuuuun! :o

What is that mysterious staff the human is wielding, what cape is that on his back?

Is that dragon Elvarg or perhaps "mommy" had a darling child growing up somewhere before some nasty player slayed her...

Maybe I am just making things up to distract you from me stealing all your gold...

You'll just have to wait and see.

~ MMH ~

Maybe he is hinting at that so called sailing skill? And maybe the Staff of Armadyl?!

Haha finally jagex has given us a hint! :lol:

Dragon Slayer pt 2? Who knows. This might be the 150th quest coming soon, we are on the 140th as of Rocking Out.

Also later in the thread MMH replies unusually to a comment:

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

"A J Mod is letting spoilers loose"

Or maybe he is just posting nonsense to make you *think* he is posting spoilers.

You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. ;)

~ MMH ~

Mod Mark H is a Player Moderator Curator. I doubt he knows much about upcoming updates.. As a long time RuneScape player and long time Pmod I have seen him around a lot and know for a fact that he is somewhat of a prankster/silly-goose. It sounds more like he's just messing around.