Weird name? Why not a normal name?

nzall

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree for the most part. I was orignally Hellsrider7. I didn't like it, and made another account, which I play on now:

Oyro Dejavu.

Originally, when I made it, it was going to be Pyro Dejavu, but I ran with the spelling mistake. I wanted to have something Original, and mystical at that same time.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I've been using my name since I was six, when I first came up with it. I made another character (a skiller I can use while doing something boring on my main), Khalyth, who was my necromancer back on Diablo 2. I have never seriously used a name with numbers in it - numbers bug me.

First skill to 70...

zaybex.png

my username is not wierd but kind of lame, i use the name of my school, if i had known i would have gotten into rs this must i would have thought of a better name, but i run into random strangers that say omg u go to lcchs

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

• 2 weeks later...

"Looks at MY name". Weird names rock!

[hide=More thought out]People with their IRL names just don't feel special. What would you rather? Hey james, s00p?, or "Hey kirby! S00op? By the way...My names NOT james, just was reading a post with James in it.[/hide]

::' I always use imaginative names when playing online..

opeious, frank ragnar, phaon zetes, fred anconia..................

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Its tough to choose a name without having to use a number in it. I avoided numbers when choosing my name, because I hate the look of it.

Of course, my attitude towards people with names such as the one stated in the original post does not change. Its their choice, all in all, though, I admit, it gets annoying seeing all the numbers (especially when they are used to represent letters). :P

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Look at my name, that is what happens when you ask an 11 year old kid to name your character...

As for the reason behind some of the 'hteh53t6htt' names, I guess because Herbert 065 doesn't sound 'cool'...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I've had 3 names while playing any game where you choose a name.

First, I had Bubbah390

Then, (when I forgot his pass) I was creative and chose Yowipy.

Then, (same reason) I moved on to Jadeist.

Personally, I don't like numbers in the name anymore. It was cool at maybe 8 but 5 years later...

yogosun.png

*Plays Uber-Guitar Solo while you stand in awe*

yogosun.png

Personally, I like names with originalilty and a good to them if you know what i mean ::' My current mains name is Lazorati, which i like because it's short, snappy and original.

In contrast, names like sk1llpure108 or whatever aren't original, fantasy-ish and hard to associate with them actually being people (to me at least).

Though, I can appreciate wanting to play more than wanting to waste time thinking of an original name :D

Glad the future looks bright for you. Make you sure you stick to your plans and don't get bored. Boredem = Failure =;

I think weird names are more popular than normal names. I prefer something original that has no numbers (unless its in the middle to make the word) and fits in with the genre.

- Rem.

:D

Please visit our forums !! Click the link!!

Register; and get posting!

CLICK! ---> http://dantay800.com/forum1/index.php <---CLICK!

You really can't put a 'normal' label on anything. Normal to you may be "Jared" but normal to me may be "Sir Issic Jared the Pker".

Well, is my name 'normal'?

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

• 2 weeks later...
While I hardly ever see a normal Human name around any MMO I play, I find it's entirely normal.

I'm proud to have a found the unique name of Bloodkay, and It's mine alone, as no one else (that I've seen so far) is using it. So it's all mine and fits quite nicely into most MMO's and has received compliments too xD

It's all personal taste~

Nice name. :D

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I hate names with numbers :| like barbie5234 or something. I'd rather have something like O N E Pker or like my name :P. But I like weird names too :D, for example my skillers name is Huge Fireman :) ( Also got a backup one, Tiny Fireman lolz xD)

x_b_0_x_f0ur.png

Going for 99 str and 99 range.

Because weird names are fun!

We come to RS for a taste of something outside of the ordinary, it's simply normal people want to identify to what they are looking for.

I've seen funky names like Baboonman, Asquirrelnut, Donutlover... They're random and amusing, always make me giggle.

You should embrace the weird (the funky weird that is, not the creepy weird... :-s)

That said, enjoy the diversity and creativity of people's names!

princessita.png