Random Events: Should they go?

Nando

I never had a problem with random events until today. I was killing some Mighty Banshees and connection lost. It came back after I was dead.

so I rushed to the bank and got a teleport, when I teleported "Care for a quick game?". Pinball and I get it wrong 3 times because of lag and the fact that I was upset that I was going to not get my stuff.

Then I was already quite upset and I see "Your grave marker has collapsed." so if graves were made in a way to get back your stuff safely, how come I got a random event when I was going to collect it?

So the actual discussion is what should happen to random events as some are not needed anymore and/or are obsolete? Should they be changed, removed or what?

2525_s.gif

Cooking 99 - 25th January '08

All Quests - 23rd August '08

'

Dragon Drops (3)

Barrows Items (7)

'

619_Cj

[nando*]

Then I was already quite upset and I see "Your grave marker has collapsed." so if graves were made in a way to get back your stuff safely, how come I got a random event when I was going to collect it?

Because nowhere does it say you'll never get a random event with a grave marker active.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Almost lost a Dragon Med drop the other day (Not much, but it's a 1/16k drop...) due to getting a mime. Luckily I got back in time to pick it up.

They should just make it so the NPC appears and you have 2 minutes to talk to it to teleport you. If you just ignore it then it'll teleport you anyway.

2 minutes should be enough to finish your monster etc.

Wan't there a BTS or Dev diary a short while ago stating they were re-working randoms because they are obsolete now?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Almost lost a Dragon Med drop the other day (Not much, but it's a 1/16k drop...) due to getting a mime. Luckily I got back in time to pick it up.

They should just make it so the NPC appears and you have 2 minutes to talk to it to teleport you. If you just ignore it then it'll teleport you anyway.

2 minutes should be enough to finish your monster etc.

I know Jagex are looking into removing a majority of the randoms, but the ones that do end up staying I certainly hope they do atleast add a 2 minute teleportation waiting time.

Dark_Jab.png

Ya, but only the useless ones, like the Pinball or the Mystery box and the dangerous ones

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

To stop people from autoing for fun.

Autoers were able to work them out within the first month.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

We had planned some work on the random events of RuneScape quite some time ago. We were looking to see if we could remove most of them, because a decent number were not particularly good at stopping modern-day bots. Since the threat of bots and macros has been largely removed, we feel that this is a perfect opportunity to address the problem again. For the moment, we are concentrating on our PvP minigames to compensate for the Wilderness changes, but the random event proposal has been approved and is in the pipeline.

NOTE - We are certainly not removing every single random event. This proposal gives us the chance to reassess them, see if they are doing their job properly and then take action: removing those that do not work, adding to those that do and improving the rewards of all that remain!

Looks like Jagex is way ahead of you on this already. ::'

I'm hoping for more lamps and fewer spinach rolls!

I never had a problem with random events until today. I was killing some Mighty Banshees and connection lost. It came back after I was dead.

so I rushed to the bank and got a teleport, when I teleported "Care for a quick game?". Pinball and I get it wrong 3 times because of lag and the fact that I was upset that I was going to not get my stuff.

So the actual discussion is what should happen to random events as some are not needed anymore and/or are obsolete? Should they be changed, removed or what?

All randoms that punishes you for ignoring them should be removed, as well those who's kidnapping you.

As for randoms, they are most annoying things ever. There is times when i have been tense and stressed, and reacted stressfully to things that got in my way. Randoms, is one of the thing causing stress in Runescape.

Also ive lost serveal good drops cause of randoms. Rannar herb on floor worth 6K , get teleported to "Quiz Random".

Congratulations SirHemen, You are a winner! Heres your 1K!

To stop people from autoing for fun.

Autoers were able to work them out within the first month.

Yes, but the autoer programs were created by people as expert in Java as Jagex. The random events could never really stop this type of professional macro program writer. However, what they do stop (and were originally designed to stop) is the amateur programmer who knows a little bit of Java from creating macros. In fact someone like myself. I could write a program to repetitively do a task, say mining, but I have not got the expertise to deal with randoms

mime events and drill demons need to go. i never wanted them since i completed the set (i was lv. 63 when i had full mime. -.- ) now i get 500 gp for a 2 min random which sounds bs too me. i wouldn't mind if they stop appearing after you've completed the set. i hate randoms in general because they're there, purely to annoy us in a fun game.

I'm going to doubt it, they're probably going to give a boring quest, small updates with the graphics, and Dev. Diary about the lending system and whatever else they're planning.

It's annoying when you're killing KBD or another dragon and sandwich lady pops up because you can't necessarily talk to her.

Some people(not bots) use macroing or half-macroing programs like ghostmouse to fletch or cook their items. This is probably the only reason they should exist.

sig.gif