Once you go WOW, you never go back?

Yohbilleh

2 Irl friends play WoW, 1 RS, yet I have played around ~14months of WoW and around 20months of RS, i have quit WoW twice and I still come back again, the grinding in wow and no time for raiding made it boring, in RS having couple of any friends on you can solo things and log out whenever you want.

It depends if you like group things, or solo things, WoW gets laggy at times and has PuG idiots who don't listen to anyone..

TBH, I have 3 lvl 70s and too much gold farmed and stuff and too much time spent on raiding :D

VIX VIX VIX

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably play WoW if my friends played it, and introduced me to it instead of RS. These new graphics are pretty nice now, tho.

I wouldn't play WoW, but if you want to, then go ahead.

Remember if you play WoW, it's only 65 million boars for level 70

You gain no experience if the mob (Creature) is 8 levels or more below you.

You obviously don't watch South Park :lol:.

Actually yeah I do I forgot to do the :lol: emote.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I played a test version I got from a friend, but it did'nt interest me, I rather stick to Ruescape then start playing WoW. To get more things, you have to buy expantions, and with that and the money you pay to play it, it gets kinda expensive.

There is no lag at WoW.

Speaking of extremely easy game, runescape is evene easier.

Gameplay of WoW is much better then Runescape, runescape is much more repetitive.

Most people who play RuneScape can't afford the godly computers required to run lag-less in WoW.

WoW is killing monsters over and over again for a week until you hit level 70. You're right that's way harder and nowhere near as repetitive as the 20+ skills, great story lines, and tons of quests and mini-games RuneScape has. Yes, WoW has much better gameplay...

Your kidding right? I mean RuneScape's quest's aren't horrible, but they is barely anything in them, ESPECIALLY when you compare them to WoW's. WarCraft(all the games, etc) has possibly the best story I've seen in a game EVER. Or maybe they just don't utilize that well in WoW?

OK, more on topic, I'm currently play the WoW trial, its good, but not as addicting as I thought it would be. But I haven't lost my desire to play RS; I'm actually planning on eventually playing both. I also need to eventually get to level 70 and get the expansionn, if only so I can kill Illidan so I can get his weapons \'

Also, I need to improve my social skills then.....

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

i have a very open mind concerning MMORPGs

i almost tried every single one of them and also play some of them including runescape

now every one of them gives u a different experience. might not be a good one at first, might not be a good one at a high lvl

now WoW, i personally have to admit it is a very good game thus its control on almost 50% of the MMORPG population and profit. though i recommend to everyone to play it and base an opinion on ur experience, i personally wouldnt recommend buying it for its immediate addiction to it, thus its nickname "World of Warcrack". try it, and buy it if u can control urself, but still keep an open mind to other MMORPGs

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

One major difference between quests in Warcraft and Runescape is that RS quests in general are just gathering items and returning them. You can't really do a RS quest without having to gather a bunch of mandatory items first. RFD and Dragon Slayer are two examples.

One major difference between quests in Warcraft and Runescape is that RS quests in general are just gathering items and returning them. You can't really do a RS quest without having to gather a bunch of mandatory items first. RFD and Dragon Slayer are two examples.

r u high of ur rock? dude, u have them upside down. WoW quests r gatherign and grind quests. RS quests actually have a storyline to follow.

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

if you like no independent money making, constant questing, a spread out community, being charged 12 dollars a month, and a 4gb game, then WoW is for you.

I tried it for a few days, it is very easy and after level 70, which can be attained quite easily, has no further level up, so people will then create a new character, keep making lvl 70's.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

r u high of ur rock? dude, u have them upside down. WoW quests r gatherign and grind quests. RS quests actually have a storyline to follow.

No, I am not. In Warcraft, they do have quests such as - Go kill X creatures Y amount of times. Or on Isle of Quel'Danas, to go pick the Bloodberry push along with freeing the Murlocs. If you didn't know those are endgame dailys that you can do once everyday once you hit endgame.

Have you seen the list of items needed for RFD, or many other quests needed in RS? It's an insane amount.

Don't get me wrong, im on the RS side of this, but there is a reason I don't have a quest cape - thats why.

if you like no independent money making, constant questing, a spread out community, being charged 12 dollars a month, and a 4gb game, then WoW is for you.

I tried it for a few days, it is very easy and after level 70, which can be attained quite easily, has no further level up, so people will then create a new character, keep making lvl 70's.

Please stop because you have no idea what you are talking about. First off it costs $15 a month. And you can make money yourself, its quite simple really.

And if you tried it for a few days, you obviously know you can't hit 70 that fast. It takes months to reach endgame. Even if you are experienced and know the best ways to acquire lvls, its not very fast. And not all classes are the same, some can lvl up faster than others.

Please stop because you have no idea what you are talking about. First off it costs $15 a month. And you can make money yourself, its quite simple really.

And if you tried it for a few days, you obviously know you can't hit 70 that fast. It takes months to reach endgame. Even if you are experienced and know the best ways to acquire lvls, its not very fast. And not all classes are the same, some can lvl up faster than others.

It costs 12 dollars with a recurring credit card fee, which is what most people use. And it is easy to get level 70, it only takes like 100 hours of gameplay. And if money making is easy by urself, please explain.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Get 40 people to kill the Four Horsemen, get 25 people to kill Mu'ru. Everyone's role in end game is fairly easy, it's just getting them all to work together where the challenge comes in. When you do that you can tell me WoW is easy. Until then, you're just a nub with a bad haircut.

Foooman.png

Get 40 people to kill the Four Horsemen, get 25 people to kill Mu'ru. Everyone's role in end game is fairly easy, it's just getting them all to work together where the challenge comes in. When you do that you can tell me WoW is easy. Until then, you're just a nub with a bad haircut.

I agree, i ts impossible to do many end game raids without a good clan. The job isn't hard, it just takes months to get used to your role and then having all the gear to be able to execute your role.

I played WoW for a while, but since I like to do other things in games besides combat, I came back to RS. Sure, WoW has good graphics, but at the cost of:

1. Some of the noobs are worse than ours, and thats certainly saying something!

2. The gameplay is... lacking, to put it nicely.

3. The monthly payment (1 word... DAMN!)

4. The whole RWTing thing is like madness on there...

5. Hardly any updates.

6. Other reasons that exist but I cant think of at the moment.

Yeah, so do good graphics outweigh all that? I think not...

-Pasty

Pasty.png

I tried wow, it gets boring after 30 mins :roll: People say it gets really fun at level 70, so what am I supposed to do? Get level 70 while boring myself half to death?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

As a disclaimer, I do like rs.

Rs is worse.

Compared to rs? :lol:

Do get a job at minimum wage and work 2 hours a MONTH. Oh noes.

No, what jagex did to rs because of RWT is madness. Ruined some of the best parts of the game.

5. Hardly any updates.
I'll take full expansion packs and big, thought out updates every other month instead of another rushed, pointless quest every week, thanks.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

As a disclaimer, I do like rs.

Rs is worse.

Compared to rs? :lol:

No, what jagex did to rs because of RWT is madness. Ruined some of the best parts of the game.

5. Hardly any updates.
I'll take full expansion packs and big, thought out updates every other month instead of another rushed, pointless quest every week, thanks.

Nicely put.

Money is moeny, 12 dollers per month to some people is a lot of money.

Money is moeny, 12 dollers per month to some people is a lot of money.
Very true, but still, $12 is nothing to wet your pants over.

Money is moeny, 12 dollers per month to some people is a lot of money
.Very true, but still, $12 is nothing to wet your pants over.
For a game it is, 1 year of wow is $144.00. That is more then a week of food.. :roll:

No no, this entire topic is inaccurate. It's "Once you play a first person shooter and become pro at online tournaments, and then realize that mmorpg's are never really "hard" considering all you have to do is "grind" and locate where you're going to grind, you'll never go back". Don't flame me on this, I still like Mmorpg's, I just don't consider them much of a challenge compared to fps games. Plus, I've have a lot better NON CYBERING experiences on shooting games (no, I haven't play xbox live, so I haven't been tbagged before. Ever). :twisted:

No no, this entire topic is inaccurate. It's "Once you play a first person shooter and become pro at online tournaments, and then realize that mmorpg's are never really "hard" considering all you have to do is "grind" and locate where you're going to grind, you'll never go back". Don't flame me on this, I still like Mmorpg's, I just don't consider them much of a challenge compared to fps games. Plus, I've have a lot better NON CYBERING experiences on shooting games (no, I haven't play xbox live, so I haven't been tbagged before. Ever). :twisted:

I think that bioshock 2 should use the rainbow six vegas 2 engine and have a vegas 2-style multiplayer where players play as splicers.

Amazing idea or super amazing idea?