Skill Cape are P2P, But these aren't 30+ Supporters

Now before you say,"OMFG you noob, jagex isn't making skill capes f2p!!!" just read on. Now as you all now, skill capes are loved upon by many runescapers. But unfortunately, it is p2p. But what about those player who worked hard for a 99 skill, but are strictly unable to get membership? Well, knowing that members would be mad at jagex and f2p people for having skillcapes become a nonmember item, I have come up with a compromise. While still having the traditional skill capes for p2p, why not have jagex come up with a simpler cape which looks like a wilderness cape with the skill icon on the back. Yes it is simple, but at least f2p people will be able to show off their 99 stat. Now, p2p people do still get the advantage because of a fancier design cape, but now, f2p people get to show off their 99 stat. And also to keep members to have their advantage they pay for, you can only get these capes from the same person that gives away the traditional skill capes, meaning f2p can get:woodcutting, hitpoints, runecrafting, crafting, prayer, defence, mining, cooking, and smithing. Being that the traditional skill cape is 99k, this cape will be a smaller price of 90k.

Here is "estimate" of how I imagine the cape to look.

f2pskillcape.jpg

Thanks to Hawkxs (Hawk0078) for a new better looking version of this idea.

skillcapesdv5.png

Thanks to Gamertjecool for a more expanded and realistic version of how jagex might put it.

f2p%20skillcape%20idea.png

As i stated b4, jagex has made it clear that they are not making the traditional skill capes f2p, so that is why i have stated this compromise to make a simpler looking cape that still shows off an f2p's 99 stat without taking away the advantage that members are paying for. =)

List of Supporters(I take "good idea! i like it! etc. as a supporter")

-beethovens29(me)

-shooterbob7

-she507

-eimux*

-heehee111

-packman9898

-Zaaps1

-tiigon

-allisgreat

-highlanders

-anim7

-prankster_king

-bloodargon

-gamertjecool

-xcentrik

-dsavi_x4

-atronic92

-ilovetopk

-killerred005*

-moonshadow(olympiana)

-snowball*

-ddraiggoch06*

-magma guard3

-mervinator 9

-zdarkdoom

-nje03 (tip.it moderator) =D>

-hawkxs (hawk0078)

-soul crushor

-dragon keeper

-mattjosh120

-killy the kid(killy da kid)

-jimmyw3000

-reaper88888888

-iamthechamp(iamthe champ)

-lightshayde

-db300

-fast993*

*means does not support entire idea, but supports different aspects of it or they wish to take or add a different aspect to the idea

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you want to much, a cape, an emote and a headwear? Maybe only cape which should cost the same as a normal skillcape. If emote would come with it too(doubt it), it should be same for all the capes. :ugeek: But this topic will be flamed as any other f2p topic soon. :cry:

did you even read satin's post? Unless those requirements are met, he does not support. And neither do I.

yes i did read satin's post, and his post proves that he didnt read my post bcuz it does come with an emote and it does come with a hood(well actually a hat) and its even cheaper than 500k. so since those requirements were met even b4 he made the post, then that means that he and u support.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Skillcapes should be F2P only, as it's much harder to get a skill to 99 in F2P than it is in P2P. ;)

But seriously, awesome idea, support!

whats with this wow dude the only reason its harder to get a skill cape in f2p is because you cant afford p2p dude get over it -.-

Tex218-I_cant_l0gin.gif

did you even read satin's post? Unless those requirements are met, he does not support. And neither do I.

yes i did read satin's post, and his post proves that he didnt read my post bcuz it does come with an emote and it does come with a hood(well actually a hat) and its even cheaper than 500k. so since those requirements were met even b4 he made the post, then that means that he and u support.

Satin is saying: IF there was no hood, no emote and cost 500k, THEN he would support. Which means that he doesnt support this idea currently.

Skillcapes should be F2P only, as it's much harder to get a skill to 99 in F2P than it is in P2P. ;)

But seriously, awesome idea, support!

whats with this wow dude the only reason its harder to get a skill cape in f2p is because you cant afford p2p dude get over it -.-

I might be wrong but I think he was being sarcastic...

Staurolite.png

No emote.

No Hood.

Cape costs ~500k.

That would be enough to sway me to support this idea.

:thumbup:

Wait, so what are you gaining out of f2p dishing out more money for the cape? I mean that money basically exits the game. To me, it sounds like this. "omfg, f2p dont deserve anything. they should pay more for their 99. stinking f2p, they are a pain in the ***"

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

No emote.

No Hood.

Cape costs ~500k.

edit: The cape should cost 600k and no stats

I agree

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

No emote.

No Hood.

Cape costs ~500k.

I agree

That, and maybe decreasing the stats on it. At least you get the cape :D

What would you do about trims, and former members with a 99

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

I would probably support if I were F2P, but I don't see the point. Yea, a 99 is much, much, much harder in F2P, but as skillcapes are members only, I don't see why they should make a "lighter" version. Members didn't get anything to show off before the skillcapes, and if you can make a lighter skillcape, why not a lighter dragon scimmy or lighter dharoks plate? I don't get it, sorry.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

I think it was ridiculously stupid to make Skill Capes P2P only in the first place. Getting a level 99 in something is a big deal in both F2P And P2P. There's no reason why F2P shouldn't be rewarded with a fancy looking cape as well. It was a mistake made by Jagex, thinking that this would entice more members. It caused quite an uproar among F2P'ers when it was discovered that the capes were P2P only. There's no need to make an entirely new set of skill capes just for F2P. Just give them the normal ones. Wilderness capes were given to F2P, after all. Why not Skill Capes?

Let's be honest here.. It's just a cape and an emote. It's not the end of the Runescape world if it's given to F2P.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Let's be honest here.. It's just a cape and an emote. It's not the end of the Runescape world if it's given to F2P.

To a lot of people it is, you ever see the "anti-ftp bank space" thread?

Anyway; I think FTP should gain access to skillcapes in the following way:

- Must be a member for at least one month

- Can only get skillcapes of FTP skills where the masters are in FTP areas (Basically we wont move any masters because they are ftp in p2p areas, like firemaking or range)

- All FTP skillcapes are untrimmed, and will be untrimmed when your non members, but when you become members again your capes will trim.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

No emote.

No Hood.

Cape costs ~500k.

why should it cost 500k??? That to way to much.. just keep it 99k. F2p players deserve a "skill cape" but I agree with the no hood :P and specially no lederhose hood. That should look stupid. And emote??? No.

Just a cape!

To a lot of people it is, you ever see the "anti-ftp bank space" thread?

The fact that there are those people that create an uproar over some minor thing becoming F2P, to be totally honest, amuses me. The majority of the P2P players who do get upset over such a change is usually in the younger age group, who believe that anything and everything is theirs if they pay $5 a month for a game.

It's a cape. A piece of clothing that doesn't do anything but look good on the user who's wearing it. Simple as that. It marks a great achievement, and shouldn't be restricted to P2P. I understand why the majority of things are for member, and I don't argue with it. Minigames, quests, skills, that's all good and well.. But for something that relates to both F2P'ers and P2P'ers such as the skill capes is a bad choice of things to restrict. There's just no point to it. There's no need to simplify it for F2P.

And yes, I did see that thread when it was made. I even posted in it from time to time. I'd rather not bring the campaign into this discussion. It's been over for some time now. ;)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I don't really see the point in this idea. No real support.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I like your idea, I think that F2P's should get some recognition for getting 99 in a skill. I like your idea of the simple capes, but I think that they should also get no emote, no level 100 when wearing one, no hood, no trim, and no defense bonuses for wearing the cape. It should also cost 99k like all the other capes, and players should be able to get them for all the skills that are F2P, so they would have to be gotten from different NPC's, maybe all from the Wise Old Man.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007