Childhood Beliefs?

Dizzle229

Looking back on it, I believed some pretty weird things when I was a kid.

For a while I thought my mother was an alien until "santa" told me she wasn't. :P

There is also this old, semi-rundown farm down the road from me that my sister told me a witch lived in and I believed her. Boy was I scared of that place.

Aside from that I believed in the normal things like santa, the tooth fairy, etc.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like alot of other people here, I believed the watermelon thing from that episode of Rugrats. You know, before they canceled so they could put on 30 stupid shows that get their jokes from toilet humor.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I was the kid who told everyone that Santa wasn't real in 1st grade. Made probably 4 kids cry. Good times.

I remember when I believe god was real. Guess I did it for the lulz.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Why does some jackass (or should I say two) have to bring religion into a thread like this? Seriously, hit puberty and mature.

Anyways, I believed in Santa foreeeeever. At least now I know he (used to) exist! \'

I believed...Ummm...Well, nothing else really. Tooth Fairy and stuff. I still say there are Easter Bunnies, rabbits come out like crazy around then. Hence, Easter Bunnies. I used to believe you held a rifle straight in front of your chest to shoot, and that only a wuss needed a stock. Hah.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Hmm, now that I think about it, I probably did buy into the Santa, Easter Bunny, and Tooth Fairy thing, maybe I just don't remember it.

I loved that episode of Rugrats. I didn't really have that watermelon fear, though. :P

Just the tooth fairy really but I debunked that theory with a packet of tic tacs. I was about 6 years old, screamed out "ouch 2 teeth came out!" and then put 2 tic tacs wrapped in to a tissue and put it under my pillow. When I learned tooth fairy left no money for me, I knew she was fake :twisted:

Yeh one day I lost a tooth but didn't tell mum about it and put it under my pillow. Was there for nearly a week.

And I believed that if you said your wish out aloud, it wouldn't come true. So when people asked me what my wish was, I would make up a different one and keep my wish to be magic secret.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

^^ Something I learned is not go give your child too much money when their teeth fall out lol I got a fair amount for a 4-6 year old, so you can only imagine how hard I tried to pull teeth out... :? It made sense at the time for a 5 year old... "If I pull all my teeth out, the tooth fairy will give me lots of money!!" you don't think about dental costs in the future or anything like that lol

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I was the kid who told everyone that Santa wasn't real in 1st grade. Made probably 4 kids cry. Good times.

I remember when I believe god was real. Guess I did it for the lulz.

I discovered Santa wasn't real at about the same time when I recognized my dad's handwriting on a present. I tried to tell people, even my older brother...*cough*..., but no one would believe me. For a while anyway.

And that comment about God wasn't necessary. I know it's a 'fad' for about half a dozen people around here to say that, but there's no need to drag down a perfectly good thread. Next time, keep that kind of stuff to yourself.

I discovered Santa wasn't real at about the same time when I recognized my dad's handwriting on a present. I tried to tell people, even my older brother...*cough*..., but no one would believe me. For a while anyway.

:lol: I was trying to prove he wasn't real but failed. I would look in my parents cupboard and everything and the tags always said "from mum or from dad" I couldn't find any "from Santa" one's in there. My parents were clever enough not to put from Santa on any presents until we were asleep. One day though dad forgot to put the present from Santa under the tree for my brother hahah... so he cried uncontrollably when everybody got a present but him.

My parents were pretty convincing though, they put a muddy rabbit prints on an old rug and everything, left front teeth marks in carrots for the easter bunny. Then my uncle would even dress in a giant rabbit suit and jump outside the fence throwing easter eggs,

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

When i was young and we went past empty farming patches i thought they were growing chocolate and if there was green (saplings) that it was mint flavour :XD:

I also beleived in the tooth fairy and all that till about 7 >.>

212h0sy.jpg

Guys, can you all please put these in hide tags? I know most of you are just messing around (Santa not being real, Tooth Fairy is your parents, etc) but reading through these had a pretty big effect on me and I couldn't bear to think what this would do to someone younger.

Hehe, I used to believe in all those. The seed one, the gum staying in your gut for seven years if you swallow it.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

And that comment about God wasn't necessary. I know it's a 'fad' for about half a dozen people around here to say that, but there's no need to drag down a perfectly good thread. Next time, keep that kind of stuff to yourself.

Sarcasm on the lulz part. But I was very serious about believing in god. I think it's funny how I believed all those childish stories, because that's what they are; STORIES.

Why does some jackass (or should I say two) have to bring religion into a thread like this? Seriously, hit puberty and mature.

I hit puberty about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm going to be 19 in 3 months. So tell me how I'm classified as "pre-pubescent". Usually when you mature, you start forming your own opinions on the world around you. Usually that's when you believe or don't believe, but go figure. I guess since I have my opinion I must be immature and a jackass :|

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I used to be absolutely certain that fairies exist... I mean, completely and utterly believing it, not like Santa who I never really believed in. I wrote stories for them and all sorts :oops:

I used to believe in invisible magic beings. I feel immature for doing so now.

And about the whole 'I used to believe in God' thing on this thread.

Its true. Its what some people (including myself) used to believe in but now do not. Its highly relevant to the topic, even if it touches a more sensitive topic.

Oh and i guess God could be classed as an invisible magic being.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Guys, can you all please put these in hide tags? I know most of you are just messing around (Santa not being real, Tooth Fairy is your parents, etc) but reading through these had a pretty big effect on me and I couldn't bear to think what this would do to someone younger.

Hide tags? I thought you had to be above the age of 13 years to use the forum. Why would someone of the age 13+ still believe in Santa, Easter bunny and the Tooth fairy? That's a bit old to still believe in those kinds of things. If this has had such a big effect on you then why are you on the forum? There are threads about gun control, homosexuality, world wars, drugs and you're depressed over busting the Santa story? If you lied about your age to use the forums that's just tough luck.

igoddessIsig.png

I believed in George W. Bush back when I was 6 in the 2000 elections.

=D> =D> =D> can i nominate you for poster of the year?

Sure 8-)

I never believed in the Tooth fairy or Santa, George was mythical enough for me.

C2b6gs7.png

Hide tags? I thought you had to be above the age of 13 years to use the forum. Why would someone of the age 13+ still believe in Santa, Easter bunny and the Tooth fairy? That's a bit old to still believe in those kinds of things. If this has had such a big effect on you then why are you on the forum? There are threads about gun control, homosexuality, world wars, drugs and you're depressed over busting the Santa story? If you lied about your age to use the forums that's just tough luck.

Goddess he was joking :P .

Aside from the normal Santa/easter bunny/tooth fairy stuff I can't think of anything in specific.

Although I think I used to believe those "ghost hunter" kind of shows that would come on now and then, haha. :P

My beliefs were usually supersticions...

Like if you sing while eating your spouse will be old.

The amount of rice left in your plate/bowl is respective to the amount of facial blemishes your spouse will have.

Making fun of ghosts is bad.Take that Supernatural Experiences!

Root Beer and Red Bull are alcoholic.

I actually thought Jolly Sandy wasn't and woke up the next day with a mini-hangover...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

If you sing while eating your spouse will be old.

The amount of rice left in your plate/bowl is respective to the amount of facial blemishes your spouse will have.

:-s

Root Beer and Red Bull are alcoholic.

You have root beer in Singapore? No fair!

They sold it once in Finland, and advertised it as "Non-alchoholic". :lol:

C2b6gs7.png

I used to think that if you ate watermelon seeds one would grow in your stomach and it would explode.

Omg me too!!! Haha.

Bu yea, why are you guys bringing Bush and religion into this?

Hmm, I always thought my older sis\bro were alcoholics because they'd drink Margaritas W\O alcohol.

Also, I used to think Barney ate kids after the show if they were bad. :lol:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Uh...I think that's some Chinese belief... :o

My parents have told me that, not to be believed though. But when my sister was younger, she would clean her bowl off completely...A boy in her class was just like..."Ooooh when you get older you're husband will be very handsome!" <3:

#-o

(On that note, I don't think I've ever had a perfectly clean bowl...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.