Childhood Beliefs?

Dizzle229

And that comment about God wasn't necessary. I know it's a 'fad' for about half a dozen people around here to say that, but there's no need to drag down a perfectly good thread. Next time, keep that kind of stuff to yourself.

Sarcasm on the lulz part. But I was very serious about believing in god. I think it's funny how I believed all those childish stories, because that's what they are; STORIES.

Why does some jackass (or should I say two) have to bring religion into a thread like this? Seriously, hit puberty and mature.

I hit puberty about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm going to be 19 in 3 months. So tell me how I'm classified as "pre-pubescent". Usually when you mature, you start forming your own opinions on the world around you. Usually that's when you believe or don't believe, but go figure. I guess since I have my opinion I must be immature and a jackass :|

The point is, you are bringing religious fighting into a fun thread. I don't want to see anything like that in the future.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think that if you ate watermelon seeds one would grow in your stomach and it would explode.

I used to believe that too after I saw this one episode from the Rugrats. :oops:

Haha, EXACTLY the same for me!

How wierd is that?

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Hear ye, hear ye! From now on, I will edit the first post occasionaly to tally how many people believe in one thing! For example, the first one I use will be counting how many people believe the watermelon thing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I used to jump every New Year because my dad says it'll make me taller. I quit when I turned 14 when I realised I'm not growing anymore -.-

Also, I used to believe in many Filipino superstitions. They're extremely ludicrous to me know but I followed them religiously back home.

- Like saying 'Excuse me' when I pass a mound of earth so I won't disturb the spirits. You have to ask permission to walk by

- Shooting lizards from the ceiling so they'll drop me a bag of coins (so many lizards lost their lives back then...)

Ahh, the good times <3:

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

I used to jump every New Year because my dad says it'll make me taller. I quit when I turned 14 when I realised I'm not growing anymore -.-

Also, I used to believe in many Filipino superstitions. They're extremely ludicrous to me know but I followed them religiously back home.

- Like saying 'Excuse me' when I pass a mound of earth so I won't disturb the spirits. You have to ask permission to walk by

- Shooting lizards from the ceiling so they'll drop me a bag of coins (so many lizards lost their lives back then...)

Ahh, the good times <3:

Thats harsh :geek:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

The point is, you are bringing religious fighting into a fun thread. I don't want to see anything like that in the future.

Looks to me like you're the only one fighting. I was just stating my childish beliefs.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I wasn't denying that it's a childhood belief even though in my opinion God is real

However, as seen in other threads it can really piss people off.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Looks to me like you're the only one fighting. I was just stating my childish beliefs.

You may not be fighting but the way you are stating your beliefs are meant to get a reaction from someone.

Example:

Sarcasm on the lulz part. But I was very serious about believing in god. I think it's funny how I believed all those childish stories, because that's what they are; STORIES.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Childish is different from childhood. While they both imply that the belief is false, childish is stronger, in my opinion. Nonetheless, this is NOT the thread to bash religion, there are others for that. While I respect your belief that God isn't real, if you're posting that to piss religious people off (Which it really seems like), then GTFO.

(This really is turning into a religious debate, thanks to you... :roll: )

I read some of the stuff on the website posted by Dizzle in the first post...Some of it is hilarious..."I thought world hunger couldn't be a problem, boogers could be food and spit could be water!" :wall: :lol: :wall:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

-.- I lost interest in the Tooth Fairy completely after watching Family Guy once. Now every time I hear a kid talk about the Tooth Fairy my mind goes straight to that fat guy.

:lol:

Once thought Santa came to my house but I woke up to find out it was a dream. I go to see my tree and stare open eyed (like catching your parents reaction :oops: ) watching my dad placing THE presents under the tree. :wall:

I remember when I believed my grandma when she used to say, "A little birdie told me..." I literally thought that she had a bird that was her friend and gossiped. :x

Childish is different from childhood. While they both imply that the belief is false, childish is stronger, in my opinion. Nonetheless, this is NOT the thread to bash religion, there are others for that. While I respect your belief that God isn't real, if you're posting that to piss religious people off (Which it really seems like), then GTFO.

So since I used the word "childish" with religion it is wrong? I had those beliefs as a child, and that would make them CHILDISH. I didn't mean to make people angry, it is you who is being offended by another belief (or lack thereof). And for the record I don't post in religious debate threads because it's completely pointless. To each his own belief. I'm honestly not trying to be an internet troll. Yes the part of my first post that was sarcastic was out of line, but to get angry at a person's beliefs seems a little out of line to me as well.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Funnily enough, I remembered the other day how when I was a child (maybe about 3 or 4 years old) I thought that in the days of black & white film/TV that the whole world in real life was in black and white as well.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

So since I used the word "childish" with religion it is wrong? I had those beliefs as a child, and that would make them CHILDISH. I didn't mean to make people angry, it is you who is being offended by another belief (or lack thereof). And for the record I don't post in religious debate threads because it's completely pointless. To each his own belief. I'm honestly not trying to be an internet troll. Yes the part of my first post that was sarcastic was out of line, but to get angry at a person's beliefs seems a little out of line to me as well.

Just leave this thread, your just trolling.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

You really don't get the meaning of "Stop", do you?

And now that I think about it, I might have believed in Santa for a while. I remember once, I came back from Toronto on the night of Christmas...I ran into the house to check for presents before helping to unload our car...No present from Santa. Then my parents went in, I went in a few minutes later, and there...Present from Santa. If I ever did believe in him, then that's where it ended.

doublesmileyface1.png

I got another one. I remember when I thought trees and plants had feelings like us humans do. If you kicked a tree trunk, I thought it would feel it. If you insulted it, I thought you would make it sad. I always watched what I said when I was around plants. :)

Oh, that reminds me, I used to think penguins lived in Canada. It had something to do with Prince Edward Island, apparently there's an island with the same name somewhere near Antarctica.

doublesmileyface1.png

I just remembered the biggest one ever. One day my dad was talking about computer viruses and I asked what they were. "They're things that damages computers, and like human viruses, they can spread pretty quickly." By that, I thought computer viruses can come inside of humans too. :ohnoes: Since then I took all precautions to avoid getting a computer virus.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg