racist question

jessy87

I hate it when people call me racist because I say black. Ooh, that guy is black. I'm such a racist.

And don't lie. Don't give me that stuff "oh im not offended when people call me racist" because words hurt as much as being different for your skin color. I personally am offended when people call me racist because they have the perception I am a racist which I am not.

And this is where a revolution starts. How come it is fine to call a white person white, but a black person has to be 'African American' or its racist? First of all, they aren't African American if they were born in America. A true African American is one who was born in Africa, and moved to America. Second of all, people seem to think describing someone by the color of their skin is racist, which it isn't. If it is, then every news channel is a [bleep]ing racist [cabbage]hole for calling white people by their skin color. What I think is, either white people get called a 'special' name like European American or something to that effect, or the African American title gets abolished for stupidity.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's a little bit racist or a little bit bigot. It's people who take jokes waaaay out of hand or people who hate blatantly and ignorantly that ruin it all for us normal people. I see nothing wrong with a joke or two, but threatening a person over their race? Denying them a job? That's pretty much [cabbage] in my eyes. No matter what race you are, it shouldn't be a factor. Unless, I guess, you're a white actor trying out for a black part. My black friends love hearing "racist" jokes. Of course, that's probably because they're pretty true for those two... :P

The more I hear this, the more stupid I think it is. Do I, as a human, have some underlying caution towards people of other races as an inbuilt biological defense against unfamiliar people? Yes. But do I consciously believe that any other race is inferior to me or that they should be discriminated against? NO.

I wouldn't care. People call you racist if you make a steryotype (two very different things, may I add) or if you make a racial joke.

Honestly, I think I'm a little racist myself. I don't like the "ghetto black" attitude (that's what we call it in our family when a person acts 'gangster' or from the ghetto), but if they're black and at least try in school and don't push people around, I don't care much.

The PC police have got to you too? You are not a racist because you don't like the attitude of a group of people. I could say that I don't like the attitude of your average white Aussie these days, but does that make me racist against my own race? Nope.

But, walmart at least in my town does not hire on quality. They hire out of sympathy. alot of people are the kind of people who are mentally challenged or like have a learning disorder or who are physically different then most of society.

Who the hell are you to say they don't hire on quality. Do you know the physical strength of someone who has down syndrome? Or the learning capability of an Autistic person who loves their job? The memory capability of someone who has Aspergers? The creative genius and sometimes the associated 130+ IQ of being a bipolar person? There is a man down the street from me with 1 hand and 2 fingers, he can work the cash register faster than anyone I've ever seen. They have qualities that are better than you in many ways so don't even attempt to limit them. Perhaps whoever is doing the hiring knows a lot more than you apparently do. Especially if they came through hiring agencies who have experts in their fields. Don't believe everything your father/friends tell you because their opinions seem pretty ignorant.

/ rant

hm, you get so angry about this, yet i never said these people were in capable of doing their jobs or doing them well. I merely stated what is true.

perhaps, maybe you should take a look at it from a different angle instead of getting so bent out of shape. What if my claim was true?

either way, you act as if i was dismissing them as being capable beings. When I did not. Some people need to stop over reacting.

Also, it seems my original point(about walmart) goes missed by EVERYONE.

I'm not angry Jesse I'm trying to point out a different angle for you actually. What if your friends claims aren't true? You stated they were hired out of sympathy, you do not know this for a fact and neither do I. Therefore what you stated isn't necessarily true. I was offering you an alternative angle and a much more positive one at that. If everyone has missed your original point then perhaps you've written it in a way we don't understand?

Written text often can't convey the emotion, hidden or deeper meaning of thoughts and processes in your own head. This is why when people take things for face value, you try again so they don't miss your original point.

Some people need to stop over reacting.

You can't blame other people if you've written something misleadingly. Take responsibility for your posting.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I'm not angry Jesse I'm trying to point out a different angle for you actually. What if your friends claims aren't true? You stated they were hired out of sympathy, you do not know this for a fact and neither do I. Therefore what you stated isn't necessarily true. I was offering you an alternative angle and a much more positive one at that. If everyone has missed your original point then perhaps you've written it in a way we don't understand?

Written text often can't convey the emotion, hidden or deeper meaning of thoughts and processes in your own head. This is why when people take things for face value, you try again so they don't miss your original point.

Some people need to stop over reacting.

You can't blame other people if you've written something misleadingly. Take responsibility for your posting.

if by, misleading you mean neutral. Then yes, i said something which expressed no positive or negative opinion towards them. Thanks for continuing the off topicness.

I would consider myself a slightly xenophobic person, not a racist. If I was called racist, I would ask that person why they think that, and if they made good points, I'll probably agree with them. I won't get offended, unless they intentionally point me out in a crowd of people I respect.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

i cant be racist i'm most races :D anyway i wouldnt feel to bad caus i know i aint i'd call them racist for being racist at me

I'm Chinese but I hate China guys' attitude.That does make you racist."White Supremacy" is racism too.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

IGoddessI, please stop preaching.

Well congratulations because your kind has driven one of our best posters away.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I really wouldn't care, not that I am not a racist, I hate Middle Eastern people, but tbh so do many others. It's just an opinion.

And yet a horrible, stupid opinion. Saying that "but tbh so do many others" does not make it right neither. Just because a select few attacked your precious towers, does not make the majority terrorists. Since the white Europeans attacked America during the 1700 and 1800s, you should be racist against whites too. Oh wait-

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I really wouldn't care, not that I am not a racist, I hate Middle Eastern people, but tbh so do many others. It's just an opinion.

And yet a horrible, stupid opinion. Saying that "but tbh so do many others" does not make it right neither. Just because a select few attacked your precious towers, does not make the majority terrorists. Since the white Europeans attacked America during the 1700 and 1800s, you should be racist against whites too. Oh wait-

True,true.Plus not all Middle Easterns are Muslim.Where is Israel?Oh its in the Middle East.PLUS since the French did help Americans win their freedom and gave them the Statue of Liberty,you shouldn't be hating the French as much as you do,hmm?Or do other people do it too?

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'm English. GF.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

And yet a horrible, stupid opinion. Saying that "but tbh so do many others" does not make it right neither. Just because a select few attacked your precious buses, does not make the majority terrorists. Since the white Europeans attacked England during 1000s-1900s, you should be racist against whites too. Oh wait-

I'm English. GF.

::'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

no i could see that, since its vague you leave it open for guesses of why, some might claim some of them(or their culture) oppress women and that might be why you dislike them.

I'd admit that it's true. I am racist, and I'm perpetuating a lot of the harmful stereotypes that exist. However, I'm actively trying to become less racist and inform myself. There are still a lot of gut feelings that I've learned through society (grip your purse more tightly when you're in a black neighborhood, for example) that are extremely racist, and which I'm trying to overcome. I'm not there yet, but I think the fact that I'm trying to be better is the important thing.

I think most people who don't admit that they're a bit racist are lying to themselves. You can't be not racist and still "hate Middle Eastern people." I hope the paradox there is clear. Being racist doesn't mean you're a bad person, as long as you recognize that it's better not to be racist, and you try to be less racist.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

^Acceptance is the first step?Okay,I hate a lot of Singaporeans in general.Yup,I hate my own race.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

^Acceptance is the first step?Okay,I hate a lot of Singaporeans in general.Yup,I hate my own race.

On that note, I don't like a good amount of Chinese people. And everyone assumes I'm Chinese, my friends are Chinese, and I guess I'm partially Chinese. But I'm mainly Taiwanese. Go figure.

The thing with racism is that it's not about who you hate. It's about why. If you hate a bunch of people that just happen to be the same race, you may not be racist. However, if you hate those people because of their race, that's racism. If you dislike them for their personality, for the way they treat you, whatever...It's probably not racism...

And I thought of something, as I remembered a conversation I had with a Haitian guy. The word "black", used to describe someone, shouldn't be racist at all. In fact, to be honest, perhaps it should even be the proper term. Haitians, and people from other islands in that area, are dark-skinned, or black. They appear to be African-American, but they aren't. The guy I was talking to absolutely hates it when someone calls him African-American...And if you took one look at him you probably would think he is one. And what is wrong with the word black? It doesn't have any negative connotations that I'm not

aware of, does it? It's used to describe people's skin color, just like white. I know this has already been said, but why is "white" acceptable but not "black"?

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

IGoddessI, please stop preaching.

Well congratulations because your kind has driven one of our best posters away.

She has left?

Yeah.

Penguin,I'm not Taiwanese myself but I know what you mean.I have a Taiwanese classmate =P

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]