Clan Chat versus Internet Relay Chat

Dbzruler72

It's called a debate. I don't see how two people disagreeing suddenly becomes 'stupid'.

But whatever, seeing as you don't want to debate it, I'll leave it here.

Im all dont for debating however only on topics i see fit that or worth the time of day. RS isnt worth the extra time. =]

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

Cant use irc in full screen though...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I prefer Irc, because im perm muted in game(Sucks to me be=( ) and also because im a scripter and can help people with alot of irc troubles, and use scripts to help my clan, but the good thing for CC is that you can call silent piles on people, so they cant see, and so your leaders can tell you who to pile next if not in Teamspeak.

Cant use irc in full screen though...

and btw, warring in full screen is a bad idea, because its harder to change menu's and laggyer.

We use both. We started using IRC a few months ago but we still have many members who rather use Clan Chat for different reasons.

For medium-large clans, I think it's healthy to use both. It gives the option to members and you don't have to worry about it being empty. But for the small clans with 20-40 members perhaps is better sticking with one.

090831004444.png

We use both along with several other communication devices but I prefer IRC. You can speak with no chance of getting muted, no censor and it's just more fun as many of our retired members still continue to use IRC actively despite quitting Runescape and they would have been cut off if we purely used clan chat.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Both have their advantages. CC is there without a download, something i'm sure jagex thought of when it was in the first steps of the creation of the CC. CC also has the fullscreen capability, which many prefer.

However, IRC has the ability of modification, link sharing, no filters (or modded filters so you can talk about what you want to talk about), and has the ability to be in multiple servers AND channels at the same time. Talking in your clan IRC along with being in an IRC like TIP.IT, or other communities is a nice bonus.

If I had to choose one of the two, it would be IRC. I don't use swiftkit, but IRC still has advantages outside of swiftkit, and plenty of them.

---------------------------------

If I had the ability to choose any chat system, I would go with ventrilo. Ventrilo gives clans and friends voice access instead of typing. why type in a war when you can hold down your hotkey and talk? It is easy to define voices with a good Codex, so you don't have to look at who is talking. You also don't have to revert your attention to anywhere else, such as a chat box or another window like IRC to type. TeamSpeak is another option, but everyone just sounds like robots. I prefer Ventrilo above all others.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Both have their advantages. CC is there without a download, something i'm sure jagex thought of when it was in the first steps of the creation of the CC. CC also has the fullscreen capability, which many prefer.

u can run irc thru java without having to download any software

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

I prefer IRC. You don't have to be logged on to RuneScape, you can log the chats, create your own channel and personally, I leave it open 24/7.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

u can run irc thru java without having to download any software

You must, however, download Java... Although you must also do that for CC(making RuneScape playable)

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• 8 months later...

I prefer IRC, generally. I can use it without having to log onto Runescape and many of the Gladz IRC users are retireds who don't enjoy the game. Therefore, I get to talk to people who I would never see if I was in CC.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I like them both for the reasons mentioned in your original post. They each have their uses.

This pretty much. Irc is far more versatile though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti