Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Monday Poll: The RuneScape Novel

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

HatshepsutLecter
[ Display Name History ]

HatshepsutLecter

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 834 posts
  • RSN:Meridithila
  • Clan:Affliction
I think I might be one of the only people that is actually interested enough in Runescape history to actually buy a Runescape book. Now if I actually had the money for it I would be all set. :P
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.
First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D
First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

Xeferous
[ Display Name History ]

Xeferous

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
lol i definately will not buy that book. for one miles too expensive and im not that geeky. Rs is an online mmo not a hobby style cult with merchandise to match. Jagex shud personally stick to wat they r good at and make online games. I mean i havent even heard of this author and y does that not surprise me :lol:

ZimJ
[ Display Name History ]

ZimJ

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:Zimbabwe_J

I think I might be one of the only people that is actually interested enough in Runescape history to actually buy a Runescape book. Now if I actually had the money for it I would be all set. :P

I'm like that, except I would probably wait until it was out just so I could see if it was worth it before I put the money down on it. I thought about scrounging up enough to just go ahead and get it, but then I thought better of it. I mean, the history and lore and everything is good, so this should be good too, right? Right...? Um... :?

Yeah...I think I'll wait and see what everyone else says about it. All I know is that if I end up getting it, once I'm done reading it, it's going to be hidden away in a deep, dark, and scary place that way nobody will ever find it. It would be a bit embarrassing to have a college roommate or something come across it. #-o
Posted Image

kingmickez25
[ Display Name History ]

kingmickez25

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:KingMickez25
Once upon a time there was a company named jagex and they failed

The end

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Amitoz
  • RSN2:Energytheory

I don't think many teenagers will buy this, unless it's for home reading. I don't think anyone would want to be caught reading a RuneScape novel during class. :-#

Ouch.

And no, I won't buy it lol.

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Armadyllo
[ Display Name History ]

Armadyllo

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 215 posts
It's only available in hardback at the moment. Hardback books are almost always expensive. After a few months the publishers re-release them in paperback at a much lower price.

I think they should do that soon for this book. Assuming the book's aimed at teenagers, few of the target audience will be interested in paying the hardback price. Paperback books are more likely to be in the right price range for the market.

asianboy7o7
[ Display Name History ]

asianboy7o7

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,284 posts
i laughed when i saw that poll

i said a hell no with it :lol: :lol:

i wouldnt be caught dead reading that..
Posted Image

roanlo
[ Display Name History ]

roanlo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 366 posts
Sounds like for supernerds :geek:

Theirs a halo/Wow book as well. Creepy :shock:

Bloodveld
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodveld

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

Once upon a time there was a company named jagex and they failed

The end

That's a book I'd read. :XD:
Posted ImagePosted Image
:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.
Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.
Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.
BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

yanksrule
[ Display Name History ]

yanksrule

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • RSN:yanxrul
  • RSN2:zezima
lets see... what if you were just playing rs and some one asked if you liked it....

"well i got a level 110 character, i've got 16m, i've got a novel that i bought for 40 BUCKS!!! WHAT A DEAL! (some junk like that), i'm a member of a forum specifically about the game, and oh! yeah. it's the reason why i don't blow my head off with boredom during the summer."

i think that... the book.... would be a little much? i mean if you have submitted stuff to jagex like artwork, or a picture of a dragon full helm that you made yourself, or you've got a picture of bob the cat on your background...then... enough is enough... right? some people reeeeeeeally take this game to seriously and jagex just threw a few chips in for the people that, i guess, really want to be in the game of runescape.
Posted Image

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

child_sycopath
[ Display Name History ]

child_sycopath

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • RSN:scorpaeon
I would rather buy 1,400 1p sweets.

Those are just great.
Posted Image
Posted Image

diseasesoftheretina
[ Display Name History ]

diseasesoftheretina

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts
If I recall properly, JaGex had a poll on what kind of merchandise we'd like to see. I don't think the novel was anywhere near the top of the results...

I assume it isn't very well written, and it's expensive.

Probably won't get it.
Posted Image

CowsEatFood
[ Display Name History ]

CowsEatFood

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:T.F.S
Uhm... No. Have plenty of *well written* fantasy books as it is.

Now if jagex sold t-shirts or other clothing... :twisted: . *would turn one of those into a paint/mowing shirt in seconds, and wear it proudly while I mow*.

kingmickez25
[ Display Name History ]

kingmickez25

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  • RSN:KingMickez25
Idk how that is to the guy that posted i wouldnt be caught dead reading that but u play runescape how does that work just a note

gauper_kid
[ Display Name History ]

gauper_kid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 631 posts
eww no way. i wouldnt even check it out from a library, let a lone blow 15 bucks on it. sheesh. im not that much of a nerd :XD:
Posted Image

Foooman
[ Display Name History ]

Foooman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
I've read 2 books cover to cover, and I'm just assuming that a fantasy novel about a game I barely play will not hold my attention for its entire duration.

In other words, dear god no I won't pay for this book.
Posted Image

Shiny
[ Display Name History ]

Shiny

Combo Breaker

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
  • RSN:Hellsrider7
I'd buy it for the book itselfs sake, for a good read, not for Runescape. Bah, Runescape. Next they will release a whole series, then make into a movie, and Jagex will be basking in money. Bah, Runescape.

The book itself might be a good read :-k. I'll just stroke my chin, and wait till it comes out. Then find an online copy and download it, and read it. Illegally.
Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Did they even consider some people play games like RS because they're unable to find escapism or enjoyment in a real life book? :?

I voted 'No'.

Hasib
[ Display Name History ]

Hasib

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
one note about the price... the hardback is worth that much I think? And I noticed someone say that as the author is unknown it must be rubbish... but... all well known authors were unknown once... and, don't judge a book by its cover.

I probably will get the book just to see what it turns out like, though personally I would rather prefer something that covers the early history of RS.

Besides... if Warcraft can have novels based on it, why can't Runescape? And I am sure not every warcraft have read the warcraft novels so if a lot of people don't read this, still no problem.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Armadyllo
[ Display Name History ]

Armadyllo

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 215 posts
I think I'd be more interested in the book if the writer were part of Jagex. That way they could reveal stuff in the book that's part of the game history they've planned themselves. It could even tie into future game plots.

But the author seems to be some independent guy who just wrote the book for fun, from what I've seen on the RSOF. That makes it fan-fiction, like you get on forums under Creative Writing. Even if Jagex has declared it official (which is cool for the guy who wrote it - imagine if YOU could write a RuneScape story and get money for it) I'm not expecting it to be so well tied into the game's plots as if it were directed by Jagex's own creative team.

As for Jagex failing, what have they got to lose? They're letting this T. S. Church guy publish a book with their logo on the front, helping sell it, and presumably taking a nice cut of the profits. If the book tanks, they don't lose much. Nor do we.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users