Is it worth coming back?

KingdomOfLight

Ya know what man I'm still observing all these new updates from when I took a break for about a year. I'll tell ya what you should do.

Play for a lot of time in free to play first then if you don't like the Grand Exchange, no more pking and one messed up economy or are an old skooler I think you might want to move on to another game.

But hey you might like all the new stuff hell the autoers are gone, that's good. No more scamming either because there is a trade limit. :)

I say there's a hole new runescape to be explored.

Make a free account and test the new stuff out. What have you got to lose?

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

If you're going through this much indecision behind $5.95, then it's probably not a good idea for you to come back.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Well I can tell you the answer is NO as f2p. Logged on today to check on my friends, and without fullscreen, it really isn't too much better. It looks almost fuzzy like those pictures of guys you would see on the adverts on the RS homepage. (You know, the ones where everybody says jagex is just posting low quality images)

Can anyone post a picture of 1k x 700 full screen?

jagex have recently made many updates that made rs life easier and more convenient.

I left about a month before GE, and came back about... 2 weeks ago? Other then the convience updates... eh I don't know... I would have to say play free, and if you semi-like it then pay for a month. I'd decide before prices go up though!

954.png

Can anyone post a picture of 1k x 700 full screen?

[hide=Pic]rskm3.jpg[/hide]

Personally, I would come back, especially if your computer can handle fullscreen. The graphics, bank and other updates have made the game much, much better IMO. <3:

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

I quit for a few months...and i'm happy to be back.

Rs is better than it's ever been....ever. (and i've been playing from the start on and off)

IMO yes.

But I don't know what you like, if you liked PKing then probably not (although you should test out Bounty Hunter).

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

It defenitely is more fun than a few years ago, with lots of updates that improved the game.

But, if you quit the game due to boredom, you may still get bored. Some skills haven't been updated in ages.

I say try it for a month, then quit again if you don't like it.

2dvjurb.png

If you have to question yourself and you cant read the updates, dont come back.

If I can't read updates I wouldn't know that Runescape has changed a lot in the first place (or use this forum)! I wanted to know what's it like to experience! I'm a poor student living in overdraft so I can't afford to waste £3.50.
If you're going through this much indecision behind $5.95, then it's probably not a good idea for you to come back.
When you grow up, you'll learn the value of money and that there won't always be an endless supply from mummy's and daddy's pockets.

To the people telling me to try out ftp, that is really like old runescape. I wanted to know if it's worth paying up for the new graphics and member features.

Thanks to those who actually gave me advise. :)

RSN: Kingdom196.

I came back to RS at xmas and loving it ^_^ Summoning and new bank update are great

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you have to question yourself and you cant read the updates, dont come back.

And, it goes in help and advice. Not here.

Want a hand pulling that log out of your [wagon] sonny? As for coming back, if you played for pking, merchanting or staking I wouldn't bother. Graphics updates aren't that great, your character looks [developmentally delayed]ed when running etc. Other then those, I'd go for it.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I've been gone for a little over a year, just reading up on all the new stuff now. I'm still not sure what to do either, there's so much new stuff, and it'll be hard dealing with the Jagex customer support after living it up with Blizzard on WoW. But i've jsut got so much stuff and time spent on my character, I've been like 1901 total over a year and a half now, and it still seems like thats decent. Mmm we'll see.

If anyone can give us oldschoolers a run down on the major new things and prices, that'd be appreciated.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Graphics updates aren't that great, your character looks [developmentally delayed] when running etc. Other then those, I'd go for it.
^^ This is personal opinion. I personally like the new look and the smoothness of the walking/running.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I guess it is if you have nothing to do. I've been retired for nearly 2 years but I recently came back just to mess around when I'm bored. Bounty Hunter isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks, especially if you are between 50-55 combat, 95-100 combat, or 126 combat in F2P. :D

Alex_Lei1993.png

[hide=Pic]rskm3.jpg[/hide]

Wow, that is really nice. Wish they would have kept the original style instead of switching to the generic WoW/GW UI though.

I also wish full screen was f2p too. My new temp account is having plenty of fun in f2p and I have no intention of getting overwhelmed with all the new p2p items, but I want to use full screen.

When you grow up, you'll learn the value of money and that there won't always be an endless supply from mummy's and daddy's pockets.

Ad hominem much? You act like I'm some child...

Anyway, I do know the value of money. It costs about $5.95 to eat out once in a blue moon. It costs about $5.95 for a gallon and a half of gas. It costs more than that for bills, room and board, tuition, etc...

My point to you was simple: If you're not prepared to chance the money, then wait until you can. Chances are you spend easily two to ten times more than that on some console game or DVD.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.