If Books of Knowledge and Genie Lamps were Tradable...

CookMePlox

Hey, I thought of an interesting question while I was cooking...

If Books of Knowledge and Genie Lamps were Tradable...how much would they be worth? While factoring the fairly easy skills (Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching) you must also remember the very hard ones (Summoning, Construction, Herblore) Note that a Genie Lamp (From a Genie Random Event :shock: ) gives 10x the xp of your level in that skill, and a Book of Knowledge (From an Exam Random Event) Gives 15x the xp of your level in that skill.

Note: I am not advocating the tradability of these items, I'm just trying to start a discussion 8-)

-CMP

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

Hmm... OK let's see....

You have 98 summoning. That's 1470 EXP with a Book of Knowledge. Now, let's see, I think Construction is about 8 gp/exp at the cheapest, and Summoning is a fair bit more than that... so let's just say 10 gp/exp. That's 14.7k worth right there, and you don't even have to run to the Summoning obelisk, so you have to factor that in, plus the rarity and possibly very high demand could easily drive price up to 30k, I personally would go for about 50k minimum :thumbsup:

newsigac5.png

Hey, I thought of an interesting question while I was cooking...

If Books of Knowledge and Genie Lamps were Tradable...how much would they be worth? While factoring the fairly easy skills (Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching) you must also remember the very hard ones (Summoning, Construction, Herblore) Note that a Genie Lamp (From a Genie Random Event :shock: ) gives 10x the xp of your level in that skill, and a Book of Knowledge (From an Exam Random Event) Gives 15x the xp in that skill.

Note: I am not advocating the tradability of these items, I'm just trying to start a discussion 8-)

-CMP

Are you sure it's that much? xp of what? Current level or is it equivalent to a certain task? Because I always get tiny amounts. I think those would fetch a lot, like 100K or more, because lazy noobs would buy them in bulk instead of training.

RSN: Kingdom196.

gives 10x the xp of your level in that skill, and a Book of Knowledge (From an Exam Random Event) Gives 15x the xp in that skill.

Erm..?

15x the xp? I have 13,450k Range xp, Does that mean a book would give me 201,750,000 Range XP? Doubt it.

Its 15x Your level in XP.. Which means 99*15=1485Xp.

lol

OT: I'd Pay, ~10k For a book

If it was 50k Per book your looking at 40,816,326 gp for level 98 to 99 (approximation)

And it would take a very long time to click all those books

gives 10x the xp of your level in that skill, and a Book of Knowledge (From an Exam Random Event) Gives 15x the xp in that skill.

Erm..?

15x the xp? I have 13,450k Range xp, Does that mean a book would give me 201,750,000 Range XP? Doubt it.

You knew EXACTLY what he meant. He just said it wrong... Why be a ball buster?

On topic: I think they'd go for around what everyone has priced so far...

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

They would probably be around 30k and people would only use them for level-up sreenies unless they were superrich and wanted *insert slow skill here* xp fast lol.

EDIT:

500k for a genie lamp, 1m per book of knowledge. That'd be the only prices you could set them at without screwing up the economy.

Srsly, WTF!? :wall: :wall: :wall:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Heh, better fix that.

On Topic: These are some interesting estimates. I'm gonna do some calculations:

According to my friends down in Blogworld, 99 Construction with oak larders costs about 115m. with 15049 genie lamps for 99 (Thanks Ryuuka) or about 10,000 Books, say you're doing books. And for the sake of easy math, let's say a book costs 1.5x as much as a lamp. Taking about 70 hours for 99 (larders). say you have 91 runecrafting. You can make, say 750k an hour. Redeem a book every 5 seconds? We'll call that 750 lamps/hour. 20 hours for 99. With that wasted money from taking so long to get 99 construction, (70-20)*750k = 37.5 million coins. 37.5 million + 115m = ~150m. With 15000 lamps needed for 99, that would mean 10,000 coins per lamp, or 15,000 per book.

These are just my estimates. Sorry if i confused anyone.

#-o

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

A construction guide stated that to get 99 con from 0xp with genie lamps, you would require about 14k+ of them, so I'd guess around 10k ea.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

Anything below 20k for one of those items is unlikely in my opinion, because the supply won't satisfy the demand for these items. Genie Lamps and these books cannot be collected or hoarded in large amounts, so the price will keep going up. In the end, it's mostly people who want a quick level now and then, those who have 98 in some expensive or hard to train skill, or rich dudes buying all the overpriced lamps and books.

They are probably best spent on slow skills such as slayer instead of fast albeit expensive ones

Seeing as the prices will be based on a lvl 99 skill conversion rate, and that the lamp is worth about 4 minutes of regular slaying time in xp, the price of the book should not go over (4/60)(1000000) = 67K, and lamp at most 2/3 that

Factoring in the fact that lamps/books take time to be used, and that additional combat xp and financial rewards are obtained through slaying, the price will be accordingly less, at probably 35K for the book and 20K for the lamp

Hegel.png

I reckon they would probably get pretty expensive. Since they are from random events they aren't getting flooded into the market and the ones that will be for sale would go for a fair bit of GP.

And I guess you would have to factor in the most expensive skill to train and roughly how much exp you would get from a lamp and how much money you could waste/save.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Erm..?

You knew EXACTLY what he meant. He just said it wrong... Why be a ball buster?

On topic: I think they'd go for around what everyone has priced so far...

What did he mean?

RSN: Kingdom196.

o wow this would change everything. maybe con could finally be trained cheaply =P~

You CAN train Construction cheaply, but not efficiently. I, for instance, trained my Construction to its currently level mainly off Imp Statues. Granted, I havent set foot in my house since so it probably was a bad idea.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

Heh, better fix that.

According to my friends down in Blogworld, 99 Construction with oak larders costs about 115m. with 15049 genie lamps for 99 (Thanks Ryuuka) or about 10,000 Books, say you're doing books. And for the sake of easy math, let's say a book costs 1.5x as much as a lamp. Taking about 70 hours for 99 (larders). say you have 91 runecrafting. You can make, say 750k an hour. Redeem a book every 5 seconds? We'll call that 750 lamps/hour. 20 hours for 99. With that wasted money from taking so long to get 99 construction, (70-20)*750k = 37.5 million coins. 37.5 million + 115m = ~150m. With 15000 lamps needed for 99, that would mean 10,000 coins per lamp, or 15,000 per book.

#-o

uhm dude you didint confuse me...you like uber confused me lol :shock:

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

Heh, better fix that.

#-o

uhm dude you didint confuse me...you like uber confused me lol :shock:

same rofl

ot: If Books of Knowledge and Genie Lamps were Tradable...they'd be overpriced.

ot: If Books of Knowledge and Genie Lamps were Tradable...they'd be overpriced.

Yep, the only people I can see actually buying them would be level 3 skillers trying to raise Slayer.

The way I see it, a book of knowledge is worth 1-1.5k instant experience in the skill that is most difficult to level, which means either slayer or summoning. For the sake of the argument, I'll pick slayer.

Let's say you get a slayer task, and it's 190 fire giants. You will probably spend around 2.5-3 hours killing all those giants, which will net you about 21k exp. At 90 slayer it will take 16 of those books to match the same slayer exp you would get fighting the fire giants.

So you figure, what's the most money a person can make in 3 hours? I don't know the real number, but let's say you could make 750k per hour like someone else said. Which means 2.25m in 3 hours. Then we'll divide that number by 16, because it took 16 lamps to save 3 hours training slayer. We end up with 140,625 gp. You buy books of knowledge at 140k each, you use them on slayer, you spend all the time you saved earning it back, and you would break even.

But hold on a second. You're not just paying for slayer exp. You're paying for speed and convenience. So the price just went way up. There's no formula for that, but I'm going to say 300-400k at the very least, because of their rarity, and because the price would be driven by the rich players who need thousands of books and don't mind spending the money to get 99 slayer right away.

So there you have it. My detailed analytical dissection of a hypothetical question. That's what RuneScape is all about.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png