Jagex is planning 2 more skills! or a typo? proof inside!!!!

Lodewijk66

i dont see why everyone is so excited about getting sailing, or a new skill period. IMO sailing is lame, also jagex should improve "useless or outdated skills" such as smithing, theiving, and firemaking. Instead of throwing out new content for all the little kids to wet there pants about :wall:

and what great updates do you want to update smithing firemaking and thieving with?

I remember crossbow and bolt smithing coming out, and dragon smithing wow lets crash the prices.

Firemaking is kind of useless no matter what only use it has is pyre ships, and as for thieving its been too easy for too long and well what could be added to that? not much.

Only way that HAS been discussed before to really get potential out of skills is to raise the level cap to like 150/200

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's a gathering and secondary skill partnership.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I find it possible, and there will be more skills. I find the pic misleading.

"Hundredsof quests"

"Free to Play" and "Customisable homes"

If you think about it, the site is full of misleading statements.

Most advertisement is misleading, like fast food commercials, the crap never looks the same. If you read the "Did You Know?" thread, Jagex is constantly working on at least 1 new skill. And I would bet money that it wouldn't be sailing. There have been tons of fake pics of the KB about a sailing skill. People really need to get a life. <.<

well it's possible. if jagex had made a typo making that screen, they probably would have fixed it by now, seeing that that screen has been out for over 2 weeks now. there must be at least one thread on the RSOF about this, and it might have gained popularity. by now it'd be big enough for jagex to take notice of it, and fix the problem.

of course, all of what i said above could be untrue.......................

but the "over *25*" thing is strange. it must mean that jagex has 2 or more skills planned, but would they really release them simultaneously? that would be..................ummmm..........not sure, really. incredible? it'd also keep us players occupied for a long amount of time, as with one skill we just do that, but with two........they might be directly dependent of each other, just like slayer and summoning are on combat.

anyway, well done for finding this out (i was on the miniclip page 15 minutes ago and i didnt notice that), and we'll see if you're right! :D

I find it possible, and there will be more skills. I find the pic misleading.

"Hundredsof quests"

"Free to Play" and "Customisable homes"

If you think about it, the site is full of misleading statements.

Most advertisement is misleading, like fast food commercials, the crap never looks the same. If you read the "Did You Know?" thread, Jagex is constantly working on at least 1 new skill. And I would bet money that it wouldn't be sailing. There have been tons of fake pics of the KB about a sailing skill. People really need to get a life. <.<

yea, that true :S but the burger is still there, it's not as nice as in the commercial but it's still there. so i think there will be 2 skills.

I hope there is a new skill(s), but please! Anything but sailing!!

waiiiii does everyone hate the sailing skill?

well it's possible. if jagex had made a typo making that screen, they probably would have fixed it by now, seeing that that screen has been out for over 2 weeks now. there must be at least one thread on the RSOF about this, and it might have gained popularity. by now it'd be big enough for jagex to take notice of it, and fix the problem.

of course, all of what i said above could be untrue.......................

but the "over *25*" thing is strange. it must mean that jagex has 2 or more skills planned, but would they really release them simultaneously? that would be..................ummmm..........not sure, really. incredible? it'd also keep us players occupied for a long amount of time, as with one skill we just do that, but with two........they might be directly dependent of each other, just like slayer and summoning are on combat.

anyway, well done for finding this out (i was on the miniclip page 15 minutes ago and i didnt notice that), and we'll see if you're right! :D

2 skills :o that'd be awesome!!! thnx for the compliment, always nice to hear a "well done"

I don't hope any new skill comes out for a year or more. Jagex, we have ENOUGH skills. You should just accept that fact that a whole 40-50!!!! Out of a million+ players maxed out all stats! This doesn't mean you have to keep creating new skills. Increasing the level cap is also stupid. There's enough to do in this game already why do people want to make it impossible -.-

Jagex would have to be a bunch of morons to make sailing a skill.

There are three good reasons why sailing will never be a skill.

----------------------------------

First: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO SAIL TO? Last time I checked the only places you would be able to sail to are karamja, and various other quest related islands that Jagex would never let us sail to (ie. Ape Atoll, Entrana, Lunar Isles, ect.).

--------

Second: Anybody remember charter ships? They were put in less than a year and a half ago, and if Jagex ever had any intention of releasing sailing, they wouldn't have made Charter Ships.

--------

Third: How stupid would this be to train?

Level one: Sail Small Wooden Boat.

*Click on boat*

*Sailing animation*

"Congratulations! You have advanced a Sailing level! You can now sail Masted Small Wooden Boat!"

*Repeat process for 3 days*

Level 82: "Congratulations! You have advanced a Sailing level! You can now sail Large Masted Adamantite Boat!

And you can say "Ya there will! Someone posted a screenshot of the new skill icon", but if you look at the icon closely, you'll see that the icon looks like , because none of the colors blend or fade nicely like they do on every other skill icon in the game. So go ahead and insist that the guy on the homepage standing on a boat is sailing. I don't see why he cant just be riding a ship to a new island for a new quest in which you get a new staff.

Oh yeah, and about the "Arrgh matey! There be pirate grear droppin from them implings!".

In case you didn't know, pirate gear has existed for what may as well be forever in runescape. I don't think that "Maybe people want to dress up as pirates for sailing, because the only people that go sailing are pirates, and I get really into my roleplaying when I dress up Untitled-1.png" is a valid areguement.

imo, its just advertising. i mean, miniclip has rs. but miniclip isnt rs/jagex. only what jagex says will be true. unless jagex made that ad, i dont believe its real. tho a new skill would b nice.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Well, we already know they are working on another skill, they said so themselves. (God I hope it's not sailing...) And since they are working on another skill right now that makes the number of skills 25 in the near future. And there will probably be more skills after that making it 25+. It doesn't mean there are 2 new skills coming out soon.

The sailing pict on the highscores that started all of this was a fake. Qwertysumo faked the pic (the original vid from Fang Gallo had "special thanks" to him.) by his own statment.

After that, no more fake evidence was neccesarry...everyone's imaginations did it for them.

Besides that, Jagex declared the sailing faked in on the forums in the recent updates...(forget the thread, sorry. >.<)

We had summoning not too long ago... however Jagex is always working on a new skill right? maybe Summonning was a little side project that was being planned, then all they had to do was work on it and tweak it, leaving another skill on the shelf for a while. After summoning 2, They either started a new skill or resumed a skill they were working on as well. Its likely that it won't have as much fanfare as summoning

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

I don't hope any new skill comes out for a year or more. Jagex, we have ENOUGH skills. You should just accept that fact that a whole 40-50!!!! Out of a million+ players maxed out all stats! This doesn't mean you have to keep creating new skills. Increasing the level cap is also stupid. There's enough to do in this game already why do people want to make it impossible -.-

New skills = new challenges. Relax, lvl faster and you wont be so far behind ;)

X_kaylin_X.png

imo, its just advertising. i mean, miniclip has rs. but miniclip isnt rs/jagex. only what jagex says will be true. unless jagex made that ad, i dont believe its real. tho a new skill would b nice.

jagex makes those advertises

It's probably a typo. Saying 25+ skills means that there should be 25 skills *right now* which is not the case. And the + refers to future skills they are planning. If no skill comes out next month, we can safely assume that it was a typo. As somebody pointed out, legendary is misspelled two times so a typo is quite possible.

2480+ total

[hide=]

First: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO SAIL TO? Last time I checked the only places you would be able to sail to are karamja, and various other quest related islands that Jagex would never let us sail to (ie. Ape Atoll, Entrana, Lunar Isles, ect.).

--------

Second: Anybody remember charter ships? They were put in less than a year and a half ago, and if Jagex ever had any intention of releasing sailing, they wouldn't have made Charter Ships.

--------

*Click on boat*

*Sailing animation*

"Congratulations! You have advanced a Sailing level! You can now sail Masted Small Wooden Boat!"

Level 82: "Congratulations! You have advanced a Sailing level! You can now sail Large Masted Adamantite Boat!

And you can say "Ya there will! Someone posted a screenshot of the new skill icon", but if you look at the icon closely, you'll see that the icon looks like , because none of the colors blend or fade nicely like they do on every other skill icon in the game. So go ahead and insist that the guy on the homepage standing on a boat is sailing. I don't see why he cant just be riding a ship to a new island for a new quest in which you get a new staff.

Oh yeah, and about the "Arrgh matey! There be pirate grear droppin from them implings!".

In case you didn't know, pirate gear has existed for what may as well be forever in runescape. I don't think that "Maybe people want to dress up as pirates for sailing, because the only people that go sailing are pirates, and I get really into my roleplaying when I dress up Untitled-1.png" is a valid areguement.

[/hide]

I would hate to see you at a dock irl :(

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

[hide=]

--------

--------

*Click on boat*

*Sailing animation*

And you can say "Ya there will! Someone posted a screen shot of the new skill icon", but if you look at the icon closely, you'll see that the icon looks like , because none of the colours blend or fade nicely like they do on every other skill icon in the game. So go ahead and insist that the guy on the homepage standing on a boat is sailing. I don't see why he cant just be riding a ship to a new island for a new quest in which you get a new staff.

Oh yeah, and about the "Arrgh matey! There be pirate gear droppin from them implings!".

In case you didn't know, pirate gear has existed for what may as well be forever in runescape. I don't think that "Maybe people want to dress up as pirates for sailing, because the only people that go sailing are pirates, and I get really into my role-playing when I dress up Untitled-1.png" is a valid areguement.

[/hide]

I would hate to see you at a dock irl :(

:lol: Somebodys skipped a notch

2480+ total