Runners in Fist of Guthix

Sinkhan

I hate the players that are simply there to deliberately waste my time, these are the ones that use houses and then run to the edge of the map. They have no hope of winning against 1500-2000 charges when all they do is stand at the edge of the map. If you are going against a higher score at least try and take chances and attempt to win instead of spending the entire round hugging the edge of the map with no hope of winning. You are wasting both mine and your own time.

I am all for running though, its a necessary tactic when you face someone skilled enough to challenge you.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually forget my other post.

Since I mostly face low-leveled noobs, all I do is just camp on the center when I'm the hunted (activating prayer, healing, and all that crap). When I'm the hunter, they usually stand in the center as well, so I use my teleport orb, activate any magic boosting prayers I have, and attack and kill them for a free, quick win. They know that they can't win, so they just stand in the center and hope that they get killed.

However, whenever I face the skilled high-levels, even when I run as the hunted they still manage to kill me fairly quickly, so all I can do is camp in the center and hope I can get the most charges. And when the high-levels are the hunted, they camp in the center, and I have tons of difficulty killing them (expected because they are a freaking high-level).

So, my conclusion is this: Camping in the center is the fastest strategy regardless if you are a high-level or a low-level, and you shouldn't run around at all if you want a quick match to be finished. But it doesn't matter, I still somewhat support runners in FOG even though it wastes a lot of time. So, running is an awful strategy if you want to end matches quickly, but not all that bad.

(At least it isn't as bad as house hogging/edge hogging... worst strategy ever. -.- )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Running around the rocks is extremely effective

Your reasonably close to the centre, and depending on your stats and theirs, they might run out of run energy before you do.

Do that all the time, always lol @ noobs who keep insulting me when doing that :lol:

On f2p, I'm a level 114. When I'm playing against you and you are a level 20-30 looking for mage exp, cool. I'm all for that.

But, you're not going to win. Please stop running. It's just annoying. Let me kill you and you can get in the next ganme and mage some more.

This is the only case when people running is actually annoying instead of being a respectable strategy :|

Honestly, who think they're gonan win standing on the rim getting their 3 charges per time? :x

Exactly. -.-

That's why I ONLY use my tele-orb when I'm the hunter. It's useless if you're the hunted.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 3 months later...
[hide]

I agree running is a valid tactic, but about... oh, I'd say 70% to 80% of players that run around are total idiots. To quote a friend, "WTF ARE YOU DOING." I've had, in my entire time playing FoG maybe... 10 people in total that could actually run properly (one of them being a friend, of whom had a 355-game winning streak 'til I broke that :lol: ).

There are two types of idiot runners.

1) Stay on the edge and walk around there.

Subtype 1a) [book it to the center (or teleorb there) once your opponent finds you.] Granted, if your hunter's an idiot that doesn't know how to find his hunted with the available methods, this works. Totally inefficient if your stats are even in the 40-50 level range. The low rate of charges just isn't worth it. It's much more efficient to hug around the houses, etc.

Subtype 1b) [Lead me sprinting around the arena until your run is exhausted, then book it.] (Again, works if your hunter's an idiot) To quote a friend, "WTF ARE YOU DOING." I can still hit 10s on you with range while I'm chasing you, ya know. (Even if I do run out of run energy, I have a ring that can replenish my run and I'm still going to be following you because I clicked "Attack -----")

Subtype 1c) [Walk around the edge even while I'm attacking you until you die.] I have nothing to say.

2) Sprint to the edge of the arena then teleorb back to the center.

2a) [Run straight to the edge, then teleorb it once I get close.] Yeah, buy yourself 50-100 extra charges. Like that'll help.

2b) [Run to an obstacle on the edge, trap your hunter on the side away from the center, then teleorb.] You're using your brain! Finally![/hide]

In short, if you're going to run, don't be an idiot about it. :wall: Annoying, because I'm a lazy bum, but hey, at least it's a viable method being used by someone with a brain.

Again, this.

d9f84e76d7.png

It`s funny when you enter the house, while they are using their special attack. You wont get any damage from it, but they`ll lose the energy.

I myself play the game solely for fun.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.