Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

19680 replies to this topic

superson
[ Display Name History ]

superson

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,273 posts
  • RSN:Alansson
  • Clan:SODB

she was the one who introduced me to RuneScape back 8-9 years ago,

Um... That would be 1998-1999? :|
In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!
Pink owns yes, just like you!
GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:I_AngeI_I

Now, she always says FRIENDS .. for now. I'm pretty confused

Leave her alone, what's so confusing?
Posted Image

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Zonorhc
[ Display Name History ]

Zonorhc

Editorial Panel Member

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
So much doom and gloom.

I met a girl at the fireworks a few days ago and we hit it off spectacularly. We have mutual friends who are probably horrified at what is now transpiring, considering how similar our demeanors are. Finally, I seem to have found a human of the female persuasion who is as bitter, cynical and inclined to violent solutions as I am.

We met up earlier today and had a great time. Interest appears to have been mutual, because now we're together or something.

I'm going to wait and see what happens. Stay tuned for hilarity, because it will ensue at one point or another.

Doom1200
[ Display Name History ]

Doom1200

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts

Finally, I seem to have found a human of the female persuasion who is as bitter, cynical and inclined to violent solutions as I am.

Favorite part of the post. :XD: Grats man.
Posted Image

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
  • RSN:Powman3
i just went over to Gussy's house today to work on a project with her, her sister, another girl, one of my friends, and myself. We had a great time, and we talked for a good amount of time.

I'm frikkin scared of rejection. I'm not ashamed of my looks, which aren't bad. I'm also not ashamed of my body (which, to tell you the truth, is not bad). I just fear rejection. It kills me! (Not literally)

I'm thinking about asking her on Monday when I get back to school, but I don't want to do it in front of too many people. But, if she does say yes, it'll totally piss off an old friend of mine. But, you can't get everything you want.

Any tips before I ask? Like, how should the tone of my voice be... uh... should I look nice, and uh... how should I say it? Not what to say, but how to.

hiimben
[ Display Name History ]

hiimben

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,259 posts

Any tips before I ask? Like, how should the tone of my voice be... uh... should I look nice, and uh... how should I say it? Not what to say, but how to.

Alright, well, You're voice should be incredibly high pitched, you should look scruffy, and say it in the form of a broadway musical, and make sure to post vids for us all.

Dude, we can't tell you that stuff, it's plain stupid. Just be confident and if she likes you, and you like her, none of that will matter. But if you choose my advice, do tell me, I'd love to hear it ^.^

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

It doesn't need to sound like a Hollywood blockbuster; just be confident and do it at the right time (i.e. when you're both close and alone).

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
My other friend says to be creative... it's easier to give advice then to take it. #-o

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:I_AngeI_I

My other friend says to be creative... it's easier to give advice then to take it. #-o

How would you like to be asked out?
Posted Image

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

I'd be shocked. It matters who's asking me first of all, and if I don't like her, I wouldn't know what to say.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts

I'd be shocked. It matters who's asking me first of all, and if I don't like her, I wouldn't know what to say.

You're missing the point... she didn't ask how you'd react, she's asking how you personally would be impressed by someone who wanted to ask you out.

Zonorhc
[ Display Name History ]

Zonorhc

Editorial Panel Member

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

At gunpoint would be hot.

Amaranth_GTO
[ Display Name History ]

Amaranth_GTO

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • RSN:Amaranth GTO

At gunpoint would be hot.

No, while she has rabid squirrels on her shoulder would be hotter.

Powman, when I first asked someone out, it was in the middle of a hallway before school and I was really scared. But I just said it, and everything worked out. I was scared of rejection too. But the first time I got rejected, I expected to feel like crap, but I didn't feel nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Even if you do get rejected, at least you know you tried.
Posted Image

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

You're missing the point... she didn't ask how you'd react, she's asking how you personally would be impressed by someone who wanted to ask you out.

Then yes, yes I would be. I'd be impressed that she got enough courage (even if she didn't need any) and said it.

hiimben
[ Display Name History ]

hiimben

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,259 posts

Then yes, yes I would be. I'd be impressed that she got enough courage (even if she didn't need any) and said it.

You aren't getting the point! :P

You asked how to ask her out, and our advice is for you to think of scenarios which you think you would want to be asked out in. We're not saying if you think it's courageous to ask someone out, it damn sure is. So think of scenarios in your head that you would want to be asked out in, and then pick one and rehearse, but leave room for improv as well.

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
I'm quite good at Improv, we even did a show on it, it was hilarious.

Yes Zonorhc, gunpoint would be hawt if she didn't think you were a mass-murderer.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
Basically Powman, we're trying to teach empathy to you, which by the way is a pretty key thing when it comes to relationships.

Now not every human is the same psychologically, of course. But the basic fundamentals still hold true and at the end of the day, we're 97% alike to each other (or some percentage like that, don't quote me on it. The point's made anyway).

You've got two options; either think of how you yourself would want to be approached, and gain confidence that way; or think about what she wants. Because at the end of the day, no one on this board can teach you how to ask a girl out. Sorry, life's just hard that way. Some lessons can't be taught. :wink:

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
True. Thanks for the advice, I may just ask her. I prefer it with us alone, nobody around. That's just it.

Lenin64
[ Display Name History ]

Lenin64

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,249 posts

It kills me! (Not literally)

The Hell you say! :roll:

You should definetely wear a three-piece suit or tuxedo and hold a rose in your teeth when you do it. Get on one knee, remove the rose, toss it away (I'm sure she won't want a rose that's been in your mouth) and ask. Maybe have a guy playing the ukelele in the background.

And I could've sworn you said you would do it before Winter break?
Posted Image
Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Posted Image

Tyler_Weath
[ Display Name History ]

Tyler_Weath

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts

I still like my ex-girlfriend, and we have been broken up almost a year. I think she likes me too, and we often catch ourselves "over-flirting" if you will. I'm not positive she likes me, and now i don't know how exactly to ask her out, and i really fear rejection, lol. Oh yeah, i forgot one little detail. We have become best friends since, and if i ask and she says no, that may screw everything up. <.<

If you want my advise go for it, you will never know untill you ask her and you don't want to spend every minute your with her wondering because that just stinks major, don't fear rejection rejection happens to everyone it's a part of life. O:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users