Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

19749 replies to this topic

dutchstyle
[ Display Name History ]

dutchstyle

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • RSN:Bursted Ice
I've got a question, there's a girl I really like, altough I'm not to sure if she really likes me, one of her friends told me so, but they aren't really trustable, what should I be doing?
#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09
Posted Image

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
  • RSN:Powman3

It kills me! (Not literally)

The Hell you say! :roll:

You should definetely wear a three-piece suit or tuxedo and hold a rose in your teeth when you do it. Get on one knee, remove the rose, toss it away (I'm sure she won't want a rose that's been in your mouth) and ask. Maybe have a guy playing the ukelele in the background.

And I could've sworn you said you would do it before Winter break?

I didn't get to see her. She left early.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,216 posts

I still like my ex-girlfriend, and we have been broken up almost a year. I think she likes me too, and we often catch ourselves "over-flirting" if you will. I'm not positive she likes me, and now i don't know how exactly to ask her out, and i really fear rejection, lol. Oh yeah, i forgot one little detail. We have become best friends since, and if i ask and she says no, that may screw everything up. <.<

If you want my advise go for it, you will never know untill you ask her and you don't want to spend every minute your with her wondering because that just stinks major, don't fear rejection rejection happens to everyone it's a part of life. O:)

Where on earth did you get that quote? I can't find it anywhere on the last like 5 pages...but either way, if the guy with the ex girlfriend problems needs any advice, I'd be happy to give seeing as how I literally just went through something just like that.

I've got a question, there's a girl I really like, altough I'm not to sure if she really likes me, one of her friends told me so, but they aren't really trustable, what should I be doing?

New to the game are you? that's alright that's why this thread is here :)

I'd say get a little bit more confirmation. Best way to check is to just ask her out. What's stopping you?
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Rebdragon
[ Display Name History ]

Rebdragon

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

I still like my ex-girlfriend, and we have been broken up almost a year. I think she likes me too, and we often catch ourselves "over-flirting" if you will. I'm not positive she likes me, and now i don't know how exactly to ask her out, and i really fear rejection, lol. Oh yeah, i forgot one little detail. We have become best friends since, and if i ask and she says no, that may screw everything up. <.<

If you want my advise go for it, you will never know untill you ask her and you don't want to spend every minute your with her wondering because that just stinks major, don't fear rejection rejection happens to everyone it's a part of life. O:)

Where on earth did you get that quote? I can't find it anywhere on the last like 5 pages...but either way, if the guy with the ex girlfriend problems needs any advice, I'd be happy to give seeing as how I literally just went through something just like that.

Was surfing around the first couple pages for a little nostalgia [dang a lot of big members on the first pages are banned o_O] and I stumbled across the source of the quote. It's on page 3 :lol: .

Geez that's old... and random...
[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or
by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

dutchstyle
[ Display Name History ]

dutchstyle

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • RSN:Bursted Ice

New to the game are you? that's alright that's why this thread is here :)

I'd say get a little bit more confirmation. Best way to check is to just ask her out. What's stopping you?

Well I'm not that new to it but *goes to try*
#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09
Posted Image

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:I_AngeI_I
Play a board game and stick a note on one of the pick up cards saying 'will you go out with me?' it will catch her by surprise and even if she says no, just tell her you wanted to make her laugh and you knew it would 8-)

Or a card trick (if you know any that name the last standing card, write it on the piece of paper).

I'm drunk and it's 5am so hopefully it's a good idea :P it just kind of came to me.
Posted Image

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

dsk803
[ Display Name History ]

dsk803

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 470 posts
im going to the movies tonight with this girl any advice or do's and don'ts?
Posted Image
In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton
Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage
Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage
Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

Don't shove your hands down her pants, that's kind of lame these days.

Seriously though...

Probably offer to pay, ask if she's hungry or thirsty, only ask if she's sure once and if she leans close to you, grab her hand and gently play with it.
Posted Image

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Lenin64
[ Display Name History ]

Lenin64

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,249 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I would recommend not doing the "fake yawn and putting your arm around her" thing. or if you do, don't fake yawn.

A little off-topic, but..what movie are you seeing? The genre could influence what you should do.
Posted Image
Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Posted Image

dsk803
[ Display Name History ]

dsk803

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 470 posts
im seeing "One Missed Call" its a horror movie
Posted Image
In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton
Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage
Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage
Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
  • RSN:Powman3
Oh perfect. That way she'll have no choice BUt to hold onto you when she's scared. Or it could be other way around, but I think you protecting her would be much more manly then leaving a women to protect you.

NOT that I think women can't protect us, but that's what conclusion some guys jump to on this kind of subject.

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

im seeing "One Missed Call" its a horror movie

Grab her arm really quickly at the scary parts and make her squeal :XD:

but I think you protecting her would be much more manly

That's why I'm with my partner. He sucks at kissing, he's a tight [wagon], and he couldn't be romantic if his life depended on it but he makes me feel safe. When his arms are around me, nothing can hurt me. No other guy can make me feel that way. I can sit on the back of our motorbike and close my eyes the whole trip, that's how much faith I have in him.
Posted Image

Solidus_77
[ Display Name History ]

Solidus_77

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

That's why I'm with my partner. He sucks at kissing, he's a tight [wagon], and he couldn't be romantic if his life depended on it but he makes me feel safe. When his arms are around me, nothing can hurt me. No other guy can make me feel that way. I can sit on the back of our motorbike and close my eyes the whole trip, that's how much faith I have in him.

so the who feeling of protecting and tremendous amount of faith on a person is extremely important? I knew it was important but didn't realize it was so vital. I assume it's because it's one of the qualities of a "real man"?
76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007
379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

Posted Image
Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

so the who feeling of protecting and tremendous amount of faith on a person is extremely important? I knew it was important but didn't realize it was so vital. I assume it's because it's one of the qualities of a "real man"?

Nope, that's just what Goddess looks for in a partner.

Each of us has different personalities, strengths and weaknesses. More often than not, when we find someone else attractive, they have the qualities we ourselves lack.

There are many girls that despise protective guys. It invades their own individuality.

Solidus_77
[ Display Name History ]

Solidus_77

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,174 posts

Nope, that's just what Goddess looks for in a partner.

Each of us has different personalities, strengths and weaknesses. More often than not, when we find someone else attractive, they have the qualities we ourselves lack.

There are many girls that despise protective guys. It invades their own individuality

Ok that does make sense but only to a certain extent. What about all the specific qualities that people have like those who are "naturals" at pickup up women. They all seem to work reguardless of the woman's "type" and they all have something to do with confidence. Now I believe that protecting someone (within reason, because obviously anything can be done in excess and be irritating which explains why it would repulse someone) is one of those traits is it not?

Edit: Oh and I highly doubt that Goddess lacks protective qualities :lol: :

Come here and let me test it out. First I'll light you up and then after I'll spray you in the eyes. Maybe, then I’ll even combine the two, causing you to be both blind and pretty much ablaze. Sound like a plan? :-k

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007
379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

Posted Image
Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts
As warrior just hit the nail on the head (usually does, switched on guy :D ) it totally depends on each girls personality.

I seem like a tough biker chick with tattoos and an out spoken opinion but trust me on the inside I'm a marshmallow and would do anything to help someone. Double cross I and throw stones at me though and I'll cast a brick. That's my personality.

I'm over protective; I take to a few people and put them under my wing. If anyone hurt them they would see a side of me, no one thought existed. I don't let anyone degrade me or say anything which means they're better than me. We're equal or I'll deflate your ego to bring you back down to Earth.

I'm stubborn and too proud. That's why I chose one person that is equally (not more and not less) dominant than I, to trust and show the other side of me, no one else gets to. In return I feel protected and connected to him wholly.

He is the only person who gets to see me upset, cry, admit that I've got a problem etc

Funny thing is if I'm down, he's my rock. If he's down, I'm his rock. Even Hercules needed someone to temporarily hold the world on his shoulders before he came back to conquer it.

Sometimes I cry on his shoulder, other days when he's not so proud, he cries on mine. He never lets anyone else see him down. I love that he makes me feel safe and I also love that he needs me too.

If I yell at him and try to walk on him, he'll deflate my ego and bring me back down to an equal with him, just as I do. If I demand, he says no, just as I do.

It balances out pretty smoothly, I have an ego that doesn't want to be ruined and I also have a need for a real man that needs to grow some balls and stick up for me no matter what, equal dominance for the win. Although, contrary to some people's beliefs on this board I believe it comes down to individual needs.

Sensitive jerk comes to mind.
Posted Image

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Sensitive jerk comes to mind.

maybe...but something else comes to my mind when you explained your relationship in vague detail: just what a relationship should be.

to me, a relationship is for two people to have companionship and to travel along life's "ladder" and help each other climb it, support one another, and keep on trucking along and stopping when you have to bring them back on the ladder.

if you aren't being bettered as a person and/or you aren't bettering your partner as an individual...then you shouldn't be together, because a relationship is about making each other better people as a whole.

good on ya Goddess with your realization of all that...because a lot of women don't. i feel very bad for them. they feel like they need someone for them to be happy and just don't understand what a relationship should be: the betterment as individuals. my aunt used to tell me stories that in her teens, girls would write down: Mrs. __________...like they had no individuality and were waiting for some guy to come along and give them purpose.

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts
That is true I was just explaining that feeling safe isn't every chicks necessity to Sol.

You're right though, gotta be a team 8-) "We ride together, we die together"
Posted Image

deloriagod
[ Display Name History ]

deloriagod

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Play a board game and stick a note on one of the pick up cards saying 'will you go out with me?' it will catch her by surprise and even if she says no, just tell her you wanted to make her laugh and you knew it would 8-)

Or a card trick (if you know any that name the last standing card, write it on the piece of paper).

I know it was a while back, but do you remember that suggestion that went something like: Ask ____ to do something (ie movies, etc). Hopefully they'll ask if you mean like a date. Then you tell them if they want it to be. If they say no, you can easily play it off. If they say yes, you just got a date and they feel like it was their idea.

Maybe I butchered it but it all works in my head and I liked it when I saw the original post :P

IGoddessI
[ Display Name History ]

IGoddessI

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,401 posts
I went looking for it but can't find it :P

I think it was something like next time she asks you to do something (like the movies, or lunch) ask her playfully if she's asking you out on a date. If she says no, laugh it off (because you said it playfully, it was just flirty fun) and if she says yes, you just scored yourself a date and they actually think it was their idea :P

I can't remember who I gave that advice to but they said it scored them a date and a kiss, so that was pretty cool.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users