Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

• Please log in to reply
19749 replies to this topic

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nox

"I don't drink"

Noooope

That's a huge plus for me imho.

Same. I always seem to get the girls who are really messy drunks and they end up doing embarrassing shit. I'm not a big drinker myself, so the less she drinks the better it is. 

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts

I guess you could ask if she knows what a floppy disc is? But asking their favorite bar has always been a strong indicator for me

Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

How long should I wait to find another lady after breaking up with my GF?

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

How long is the drive to the local bar?

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy

Is there a way to check their ID without seeming paranoid?

Mate I believe in doing your research and finding out the actual age of someone.

There's something about me that makes me not really want to get involved with people younger than me.

It's not a maturity thing, it's just me.

The oldest person I've ever had a connection with was 24 (if he was telling the truth lol i'm kinda suspicious of whether his name was actually the name he told me tbh lol) 

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Why do you feel that you need a girlfriend? 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

When you feel ready to so if thats today go download tinder and start swiping.

But as far as advice goes, I would suggest working on your social life and looking for things with less commitment and see if you still want commitment after

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

You should already have another in the bag before breaking up with your GF

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
When you're ready you're ready. The grace period is a lie.
Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
Is this thread only about romantic relationships?

Because I seriously wonder how to meet people with similar interests in less diverse portions of the world. I don't think social isolation is doing me any good. But where do I find people who like tech, software development, or literature more than casually? Sites like Meetup are only great in this area if you're religious or a military wife...

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
North Carolina is where you live right? Most people blow around you, but I'd say look for conventions and you can find select groups of people that don't suck. When John green had a meet up by Jacksonville ithe was like NC briefly didn't suck.
Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

North Carolina is where you live right? Most people blow around you, but I'd say look for conventions and you can find select groups of people that don't suck. When John green had a meet up by Jacksonville ithe was like NC briefly didn't suck.

Research Triangle of North Carolina (e.g., Raleigh and Durham), or maybe even Charlotte area, would be awesome. North Carolina has a surprisingly good tech sector...

But I live in Fayetteville. There's nothing here, even with a ~200k population. Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base are the only reason the area doesn't become a singularity of nothingness. Anywhere interesting is too far away, even with a car. Moving is far too expensive to consider--it would require a full 6-months fund on top of deposits for utilities/rent/etc, and hopefully there's job opportunities or month 7 would be pretty hard...

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
Do you not enjoy hanging out with army wives from meetup? Haha
Posted Image

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Research Triangle of North Carolina (e.g., Raleigh and Durham), or maybe even Charlotte area, would be awesome. North Carolina has a surprisingly good tech sector...

But I live in Fayetteville. There's nothing here, even with a ~200k population. Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base are the only reason the area doesn't become a singularity of nothingness. Anywhere interesting is too far away, even with a car. Moving is far too expensive to consider--it would require a full 6-months fund on top of deposits for utilities/rent/etc, and hopefully there's job opportunities or month 7 would be pretty hard...

http://www.meetup.com/cyburgers/

Looks like this might be up your alley

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

Is this thread only about romantic relationships?

Because I seriously wonder how to meet people with similar interests in less diverse portions of the world. I don't think social isolation is doing me any good. But where do I find people who like tech, software development, or literature more than casually? Sites like Meetup are only great in this area if you're religious or a military wife...

If there is any community colleges if your able to take a simple programming class it could be a good way to meet other people who are interested in the field, although they are complete novices. Or if you wanna go entirely online, I would say internet forums that are a bit more personal than stackoverflow or reddit could be a good way to stumble upon people in your area. 

But from my experience work and school have been my most consistent way of meeting tech people

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,343 posts

http://www.meetup.com/cyburgers/

Looks like this might be up your alley

That's a new one. Last time I checked was early March, after I had some work done on my scooter. I probably should have checked again before I posted. There was another tech one, but it was before I had reliable personal transportation and it vanished some year (?) ago for some reason...

@Ring_World, there's a community college but it would be a bit expensive for the purpose of meeting people. I'm looking into approaching social situations partly in order to see how plausible attending with my condition. On reflection, perhaps a class maybe a reasonable test, though it would have to wait a few months until a few hundred wouldn't be financially risky.

ozXHe7P.png

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
Man that was rough.
I blocked /deleted all of my ex boyfriend's friends except for one that I consider a friend of mine. She messaged me to ask what happened since she only knew that we'd broken up. I pretty much said barely anything in detail I just vaguely said things weren't working. She then attacked me pretty hard and it really upset me, not that she was defending him but I never realised how annoying it is for people to give unwanted opinions on something so raw and is a bit of an emotional hot topic for me so I try to avoid talking about him.

We ended up resolving the issue but I literally will never answer any questions about my ex anymore. It's still volatile for me and I've actually had some progress working on myself and making myself happier but in that moment of being attacked it just felt like going back to square one.

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

What a cow.

Luck be a Lady

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
Our uni is such Small world as well Boris lol, everyone knows each other and now the girl is tweeting about me lol. I just have to keep a dignified silence for long enough for it to blow over tbh. I would literally have to sort this out in person but I'd really rather not. I blocked him and all his friends but I'll probably need to block her too because my friends keep linking me her pictures of herself and my ex lol.

Thankfully that didn't actually hurt me as much as I expected it to. You're completely right that the best way forward is looking after myself and that's definitely the focus now

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

What kind of a [bleep] tweets about a friend's relationship problems?

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users