Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

19682 replies to this topic

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Sounds like you aren't happy with your relationship. Either leave her or confront her about issues you have with it. 

Also, there's really nothing wrong with her choice of summer jobs. I'd take less pay over a job that would make me feel super uncomfortable every day.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,147 posts
Her summer job choice isn't really much to guage anything on, so if you feel that strongly about it there's probably a larger unhappiness that's amplifying it.

(And waitresses probably make nearly 3 times as much as cashiers in America, but in tips, because hourly the wages would be 4:1 the other way around)

Saq I like that you want to drive her to do better, but I also want to make sure you're not pressuring her to drink all the time because that's not all that healthy for the relationship either.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
I disagree about the job. If she's passing up a good job because she's socially awkward, that's problematic.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

I am not pressuring her into anything. I have invited her to events and concerts and stuff where she can have something without parents keeping an eye on her. She's never gotten seriously drunk.

I have planned to confront her for about a week now, just waiting for the right time.

Posted Image

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
I've started semi dating a girl that's a bigger partier than I am and that's weird. I've usually been a bigger partier than girls I've been with, but she and her friends are machines lol. She's also much more averse to texting than myself, which is interesting because that's been a problem in the past for me but the other way around.
It's weird being on this side of things, I much prefer the other side

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,783 posts
Like maybe I don't hang out with enough waitresses but $27/hour would be pretty ridiculous

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I don't know yet what to do. I am torn between 2 girls and one of them is completely innocent, mega-shy and silent girl. The other is the exact opposite.
I have never rejected a girl, but this town is too small for risking seeing 2 girls at the same time.

Saq, this is what you posted back in November. I'm assuming you had a reason you picked the shy innocent one over the other girl that had more in common with you. You have to decide if that reason is still good enough to keep dealing with these frustrations you're having.
Posted Image

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

The other was the girl that committed suicide...

Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,147 posts
Welp
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

The other was the girl that committed suicide...

that's a good reason

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,997 posts

well, shit

77yLQy8.png

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
My condolences man

MuffinMaddy
[ Display Name History ]

MuffinMaddy

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 773 posts
  • RSN:Muffin Maddy
I got whiskey dicked on Thursday night

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,147 posts
My condolences
Posted Image

Lower Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Lower Levelled

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts

I got whiskey dicked on Thursday night

:( feel bad for the guy

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
Tip.it, I am here once again to ask advice.

Prom is approaching (~3weeks out) and I finally decided to look for a date. Thankfully, so far as aware had based on good sources, my first choice is still free. So I messaged her a couple of days ago asking her if she wanted to go for lunch, she replied a long afterwards and relatively enthusiastically (reading tone in a message) yes and asked she . I replied and said today, however she never replied.

I sent the messages in messenger so I can see that she hasn't even opened the message since I sent it. Only message I sent after that was my phone number thinking it might speed things up.

My question really comes down to whether I should bother to try and get her as a date where she seems to not be interested or if I should just love on and try someone else?

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,147 posts
Ask her in person directly yes or no and that you need an answer on the spot. That will indicate if you need to continue your search. She doesn't sound interested, but there's too much grey area to say she's absolutely uninterested.
Posted Image

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
It seems that only the Today thread or the Relationship thread can be thriving, never both...

So for the last couple of months I've had nothing but pictures of my cat on my Tinder profile, ended up with over 100 matches. While I got a lot more matches it felt a lot harder to actually engage any of them in conversation and meet up with them. It seems to be universally agreed that having a dog or cat in one of your pictures is a huge boost, I just wanted to see what happened if it was ALL cat pictures.
Posted Image

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Ok so... is it wrong to put my own feelings ahead of someone else's happiness?

An old friend of mine and I reconnected about 7 months ago, and we've gotten to be really good friends again after not speaking for about 5 years. We generally spent several hours a week talking and/or hanging out, like friends do I suppose. I've felt happier these past 7 months than I have in years having a good friend back in my life that I can share almost everything with without feeling judged etc. However, this past month or so I've began having very bi-polar feelings towards her. Some days I feel happy, other days I feel very angry, depressed, malevolent because of her. I couldn't take it anymore, so I basically cut off all contact with her. My mental state sort of went back to it's not really happy not really sad state. However, I found out that she's been very upset about the whole thing (rightfully so I suppose) and has been feeling depressed, angry, sad, and some days physically ill because I've stopped communicating with her.

What do I do? I feel like shit knowing that I'm hurting one of the few people I care about and I don't feel very happy (I feel quite sad a lot of the time actually). If I were to try to re-mend our friendship, her state would improve drastically, but mine would dip back down and go back to feeling violently angry several hours of the day again.

Do I stay the course or clear my conscience? 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
In the end you need to do what's best for you. You don't have to live with your friend 24/7 and need to look out for you whom you do live with 24/7. They should hopefully be able to find their own help it solution but in the end you need to ensure you are in a good mental state first.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)