Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

19749 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

You'll be even more annoyed when you are as rich as bill gates or moderately successful besides.

The 180's I've gotten in some people when I got that NASA contract back in October still makes me livid.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,203 posts
Don't let the compliments of others make you think you have to live up to any kind of expectation. They're trying to make you feel good (a nice thing) and are also probably generally nice people. Be happy you've encountered people that aren't human garbage (or at least less)

Yeah dating has a lot of rejection and insecurity , but it also means total and complete independence
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

I'm just frustrated because people compliment me (I'm so cute / sweet / nice / friendly; I'm such a great person; whatever other bullshit) but I don't see any success as a result of these qualities; ergo they mean nothing. Even the people I dated say those things after saying "sorry this won't work" or before ghosting me.

Like seriously what is wrong with me.

Those qualities you listed are nice to have in a long-term partner or a friend but they’re not necessary for a hookup. You need sex appeal for a hookup (and consequently, a relationship).

If you’re already getting laid, albeit infrequently, then you can just keep putting in the numbers. Otherwise you have to develop more sex appeal if you want to increase your first date->sex ratio

77yLQy8.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

I'm just frustrated because people compliment me (I'm so cute / sweet / nice / friendly; I'm such a great person; whatever other bullshit) but I don't see any success as a result of these qualities; ergo they mean nothing. Even the people I dated say those things after saying "sorry this won't work" or before ghosting me.

Like seriously what is wrong with me.

Those qualities you listed are nice to have in a long-term partner or a friend but they’re not necessary for a hookup. You need sex appeal for a hookup (and consequently, a relationship).

If you’re already getting laid, albeit infrequently, then you can just keep putting in the numbers. Otherwise you have to develop more sex appeal if you want to increase your first date->sex ratio

I understand.

I'd have no problems getting (gay) hook ups if I lowered my standards. (There's 20 average or worse guys for every attractive one on Grindr lol)*. That's not a problem.

However I found out I'm not interested in hook ups. There has to be an emotional attachment (even if it's only a few dates in).

The excerpt you quoted was concerning long term relationships/dating.

*: I made up the numbers but you get the point.

ozXHe7P.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
To be clear, by “hookups,” are you referring to one night stands? Or just any sort of casual sex outside of a relationship?

77yLQy8.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

To be clear, by “hookups,” are you referring to one night stands? Or just any sort of casual sex outside of a relationship?

One night stands.

ozXHe7P.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

I'd have no problems getting (gay) hook ups if I lowered my standards. (There's 20 average or worse guys for every attractive one on Grindr lol)*.

you may need to re-define your definition of "average" :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

I'd have no problems getting (gay) hook ups if I lowered my standards. (There's 20 average or worse guys for every attractive one on Grindr lol)*.

you may need to re-define your definition of "average" :)

Average tends to be: beard, overweight, unkempt, or too old/young. Beards are a big turn off (usually, because most guys don't know how to take care of one so it looks bad). Overweight is a hard no; I took 2 years to lose weight before I even thought about dating, they can do the same. And re: unkempt, I literally messaged one guy back and told him how messy his room was (he messaged me first)... I refuse to date or hook up with anyone under 21, and there's a lot of 40+ guys on there, too, which is a hard no as well.

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,203 posts
Scene: many beers into drinking with my girlfriend, and a bunch of my friends and their girlfriends.

Girlfriend: I can't believe Z would spend $400 on a bracelet for her. They basically just started dating. I don't even want my engagement ring to be that expensive.

Me: I wouldn't spend that much money on something meaningless either

:facepalm:

(I was talking about the bracelet, but aparently English isn't my first language and so I was thought to have been saying engagement rings are meaningless- obviously being engaged is meaningful)

Moral: Mind your tongue boys (and ladies I guess)

...havent posted here in a bit. Thought I'd share
Posted Image

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,511 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Before heading to NZ English wasn't even my second language.
And that Kiwi accent and sayings made for some quite funny misunderstandings.

Bloody hell, I think my former classmate (girl, obviously) might like me... Thought so 8 years ago already, but we are pretty different and she seemed way out of my league. After class reunion she paid 10 bucks too much towards the bill while leaving early due to work next morning, and when we met up at a pub with her and a guy friend of hers to settle it (she wanted to bail on the guy, but they had set up the meeting over a week ago) she kept on telling me they aren't together and she is single and kept touching hair and licking lips all the time that guy friend was not around. Are there any more ways a girl can let me know she is into me while in a pub setting or am I thinking too much into it? :D
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
spending lots of money on an engagement ring is stupid

polvCwJ.gif

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

Before heading to NZ English wasn't even my second language.
And that Kiwi accent and sayings made for some quite funny misunderstandings.

Bloody hell, I think my former classmate (girl, obviously) might like me... Thought so 8 years ago already, but we are pretty different and she seemed way out of my league. After class reunion she paid 10 bucks too much towards the bill while leaving early due to work next morning, and when we met up at a pub with her and a guy friend of hers to settle it (she wanted to bail on the guy, but they had set up the meeting over a week ago) she kept on telling me they aren't together and she is single and kept touching hair and licking lips all the time that guy friend was not around. Are there any more ways a girl can let me know she is into me while in a pub setting or am I thinking too much into it? :D

Just lick her hair and pull her elbow.

That's the thing, right?

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

So I went on a successful hook-up last night. Sex was good but when I went home I felt really weird--kind of like empty, alone, objectified, and dehumanized. My thought process after was like "The guy seemed cool, he'd easily be a friend, but we just had sex and won't ever see each other again." The whole experience just left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. So I deleted Grindr and went on my way.

ozXHe7P.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

I mean you could be friends if you want.

Personally whenever I'm hooking up I've never NOT wanted a FwB situation unless I really disliked her

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
If you enjoyed their company, before you leave you can say something like, “Hey I enjoyed your company. If you want to hook up or hang out again, I’m down. But if you just wanted a one night stand, I understand, and that’s cool too. Anyway here’s my contact info, feel free to message me if you want, I’m down to meet up again if you’re interested too. Otherwise, thanks for the good time”

77yLQy8.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

I basically did what you said muggiwhplar (more to the point) but he blocked me on Grindr before I even pulled out of the driveway. Apparently that's usual according to my friends who have used Grindr extensively. FWB is uncommon from that app.

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,203 posts
What a weird culture
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
Well dayum

77yLQy8.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
block him before you even leave his house, that way you win the blocking war

polvCwJ.gif

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts

This probably isn't very unique advice but you'll probably have to screen better in the future.

Whenever I've ghosted in the past it was from hooking up with someone I was ashamed of in some way. Maybe a girl I didn't find that attractive and I was still down to hook up but I didn't want her hanging around. Or I really disliked her personally.

So I don't know the gay community but I'd imagine the motivation is pretty similar and his reaction was probably impersonal. Such as if that guy was in the closet still and doesn't want to mix his sex life with his social life because of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users