Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

19671 replies to this topic

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,047 posts
3 years ago? Probably close to he same. Any further than 5 and I had a very different take on things, and we had a lot more voices in here
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

Yeah, figure it still stands although now that its been mentioned I'm going to say [bleep] it and post it anyway just in case along with the answers you guys gave back then.

Basically was just going to ask for signs to know if a girl is interested or not (phrased by 3 years ago me as "How to tell if a girl likes me") and the answers from back then are basically just stop being a [kitty] and just ask them out or whatever. Which makes sense and is probably the best action. Issue being, and again answered back then (by don't make it a problem until its a problem), that I'm about 9/10 oblivious and this girl fits into a small circle that for better or worse I'll be in for the next two years for school.

That being said I'm almost thinking it would be best to take a "don't shit where you eat" approach, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,955 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I tend to sneak in a few flirts from time to time to show I'm interested. Seems to work for me.

j0xPu5R.png

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,721 posts

3 years ago? Probably close to he same. Any further than 5 and I had a very different take on things, and we had a lot more voices in here

Yeah everyone here simultaneously grew up approximately 3 years ago

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,473 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Just for the heck of it, what was the question?
Posted Image

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
Think I put it up in my last post but its semi hidden.

Was just going to ask how to tell if a girl likes you? Basically looking for obvious indicators of interest.

Again after reading the old responses I realise I'm just waiting for the voice of god to come down and tell me or something when I just need to ask.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,981 posts

Think I put it up in my last post but its semi hidden.

Was just going to ask how to tell if a girl likes you? Basically looking for obvious indicators of interest.

Again after reading the old responses I realise I'm just waiting for the voice of god to come down and tell me or something when I just need to ask.

In the past, when I was a scrawny (albeit confident) guy, the only way for me to know was to make a move and see how she responded.

But after my recent bulk I can usually tell right off the bat if she’s into me or not, on a visceral level, just by the way she looks at me and acts around me. You’d know it too if you saw it; if you have to ask, then that means you need to make a move more often (because they rarely will)

77yLQy8.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,417 posts

100% I can't really add anything but a 'you'll know it when you've experience it' comment

Edit: on a more day to day level, such as classmate,

think about the girl who conveniently ends up in your space. Maybe she sits near you. Asks for your number to get last weeks notes if she missed class. Etc. Shes into you on some level. You remove ambiguity by finding out where the boundaries are.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,981 posts

yeah-- women tend to look for excuses just to get your attention if they're into you since they won't be upfront and direct about it (that's the man's job)

77yLQy8.png

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,939 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Oh geez the ioi meta of dating - completely forgot about that stuff. I think before I was 20 I was pretty hopeless (i had had 1 GF briefly when I was 15/16 or something) and probably took muggi's advice to heart (no offence :D) but looking back over last 6 years I think I have been fairly successful (yay me) without worrying too much about iois.

Not gonna lie. The peeps that said "it'll happen" were right - the ioi stuff kinda applies if you can't gauge it ("if you have to think it was an ioi, it wasn't"?). Ask them out anyway Bonez tell them ya boy Boris will write a mean forum post about them. 

I have to confess when I met my current partner I did touch her elbow while giving her a compliment because I am a smooth dude :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades: . And yes I was thinking of Muggi...

Luck be a Lady

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,955 posts

I'd like to think I was unsuccessful before I turned 20. My first long term relationship was around then.

I've had a few stable relationships (~1 year), but the majority of mine have been one night stands or just short flings.

j0xPu5R.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,194 posts

Oh geez the ioi meta of dating - completely forgot about that stuff. I think before I was 20 I was pretty hopeless (i had had 1 GF briefly when I was 15/16 or something) and probably took muggi's advice to heart (no offence :D) but looking back over last 6 years I think I have been fairly successful (yay me) without worrying too much about iois.

Not gonna lie. The peeps that said "it'll happen" were right - the ioi stuff kinda applies if you can't gauge it ("if you have to think it was an ioi, it wasn't"?). Ask them out anyway Bonez tell them ya boy Boris will write a mean forum post about them. 

I have to confess when I met my current partner I did touch her elbow while giving her a compliment because I am a smooth dude :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades:  :shades: . And yes I was thinking of Muggi...

was the compliment about how sharp her elbows were?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,939 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

was the compliment about how sharp her elbows were?

It was a reassuring pat on the elbow that accompanied me telling her she looks younger than me (She is 8 years older than me). I know too much swag. (Took 9 months to actually start dating but we were both busy!)

Although she does have sharp elbows.

Luck be a Lady

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,047 posts
Dayum gurl that funny bone redic
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,194 posts

Dayum gurl that funny bone redic

dayum gurl ain't nothing funny about your humerus

polvCwJ.gif

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

no

we're done people

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,194 posts

no

we're done people

I guess you should get out of this thread's Radius

polvCwJ.gif

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,277 posts
I created a straight OkCupid profile and have gotten 3 likes / 2 matches / 1 response + 1 date scheduled since Sunday. However I've messaged/liked like 50 peeps so I'm not sure what that means. (Obviously a lot of them wouldn't have seen my profile, etc).

It's pretty much the same bio as last time except slimmed down and fine tuned. Same pictures. I used the nice picture of me in the grey tweed blazer as my first one (I think it's the best???).

re: weightlifting, atlthough I'm not progressing as fast as muggi said, I'm up to 60 lbs bench press from just the barbell, 90 lbs dead lift & squat. Have only missed three or four days since I've started due to extenuating circumstances (like Monday, where I had work/school 17 hours straight; the following morning I wanted to die and just noped out of school/work).

ozXHe7P.png

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,047 posts
Weightlifting for results is a full time commitment. I've seen what "counting macros" in your diet can do on top of constant routine and it's pretty significant. The trade off it that you'll lose most sense of pleasure from food, which personally I don't think is worthwhile. Especially when routine exercise does the job, just at a slightly slower pace
Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,277 posts
Yeah I'm not doing that. Food is life.

ozXHe7P.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic