Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

19696 replies to this topic

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,169 posts
You should probably unfollow her on social media if it twists you up this much just to be in the same country as her
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
Ok pretext I'm slightly drunk, but I danced with a few girls and got a girl's number today. Unfortunately I think she's a lesbian and she thinks I'm gay.

Dancing was a bit awkward, I don't know how to dance with girls. I don't want to be too forward. But I saw some guys being /real/ forward so I'm confused. Going to try and get my friend 'Jane' to help me, but IDK if her boyfriend is ok with it. (I'll lie and say I'm gay, maybe that'll help? LOL just joking)

I'm going to text her Sunday evening / Monday asking how her weekend was, and if I don't get a response, I'll just remove her number like I do all the others.

ozXHe7P.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
Okay so I ended up texting her last night asking how her day was. She responded sometime later that night (I was asleep RIP)! Haha.

I'm thinking of responding, then asking if she has plans for the week. Depending on what she says then, I'll ask if she wants to grab coffee or dinner. How does that sound?

ozXHe7P.png

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

Okay so I ended up texting her last night asking how her day was. She responded sometime later that night (I was asleep RIP)! Haha.

I'm thinking of responding, then asking if she has plans for the week. Depending on what she says then, I'll ask if she wants to grab coffee or dinner. How does that sound?

Channel your inner Shia Labeouf and "Do it!"

Obligatory Muggi advice from a bit ago is keep that date no more than 2 days ahead if you can.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,169 posts
Coffee > dinner
Posted Image

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Indeed, way more things to go wrong with dinner and it is harder to concentrate on communication.

I had an... interesting experience. An eye-opener in regards to what a single touch can be or do. It can communicate so much.
Always, always try to start touching at first chance. Don't rush it, don't make it awkward. But it is the key.
Posted Image

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,169 posts
We've been saying that for like 10 years haha glad you caught on
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
elbow #1 erogenous zone 2019

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,788 posts
Great band

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
yeah I was going to suggest coffee idk why I mentioned dinner in my post

I texted her back this morning but she hasn't responded (12 hours ish? later) so we'll see.

ozXHe7P.png

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

We've been saying that for like 10 years haha glad you caught on

That experience of mine came through not that completely legal means...
Bloody hell, a girl proposed a time and date for a date recently and then unmatched... Probably by accident, I didn't manage to reply yet. Oh well, got 15 other matches I got last week to set em up with.
Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
We went out with drinks tonight with her friends. Had a good time. Danced, talked, and thumb wrestled (lol). She's in the military which helps explain her weird texting schedule (imo; reception on base is spotty & she won't be checking her phone depending on what she's doing, lease that's how it's been with the few military peeps I've dated). There was hugging and stuff so I think I followed the "touch is good" rule pretty well (especially with the thumb wresting LOL).

She doesn't like coffee so I'll ask her to dinner, or maybe drinks solo. I know a decent pub/...restaurant? that could do either/or.

ozXHe7P.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Unfortunately I think she's a lesbian and she thinks I'm gay.

i was right

ozXHe7P.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
It’s good that you broke the touch barrier since many guys have a hard time doing that. Eventually you’ll have to graduate to more sexual touching though. Hugging and thumb wars is probably fine for introducing her to your touch and getting her comfortable with you, but that kind of touching isn’t sexual. You’ll eventually have to do things like rub her back, put your hand on her knee or thigh, run your fingers through her hair, etc.

77yLQy8.png

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts
didn't you see she thought I was gay and she was a lesbian

also when guys do that shit to me I want them to go away so idgi

ozXHe7P.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,451 posts

Well if you come off as gay then you gotta be more direct with showing your physically attracted to her, probably before the number.  You can go super direct with "You look sexy as hell in that dress" or more low key depending on your personality and the venue.

Also what's setting off peoples gaydar? Do you have the accent or is it how you overall present yourself

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

I wish I [bleep]ing knew

oh btw it's current year and homophobia and prejudice against bisexuals isn't a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from some of my friends apparently it's my voice (big one), the way I dress, and my posture and a lot of "who knows"

wow so cool glad to know I present as a a [bleep]

ozXHe7P.png

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,451 posts

Yeah I get its frustrating.

Its pretty similar to something a lot of straight men experience with women saying they want a guy who will cry and be emotionally expressive and then when you look at who they date or sleep with its almost exclusively the opposite kind of guy. I think muggi popularized this here but watch what women do rather than say. 

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,819 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

also when guys do that shit to me I want them to go away so idgi

I've seen a lot of first date advice that would ensure we never had a second. I guess early elimination is probably a success from the perspective of a guy looking to get laid.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,000 posts

didn't you see she thought I was gay and she was a lesbian

Yes-- if she thought you wanted to sleep with her, don't you think she'd be less likely to think you're gay?

77yLQy8.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users