Da_Latios

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

teenage girl got whiny because she doesn't have the gall to tell a guy what she wants and we have to call lawyers in? This generation is dumb.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

teenage girl got whiny because she doesn't have the gall to tell a guy what she wants and we have to call lawyers in? This generation is dumb.

The reasoning why I suggested a formal apology letter is less for apologizing to the girl, and more for getting the parents off his ass. I cannot stress enough the part explaining what happened in your eyes. It is apparent they don't want him anywhere near their house or their daughter, so by mail would be best. It shows that he understands that the girl needs space.

If you truly believe that her parents are willing to pursue legal action, better get it settled before it gets into court and wasting dollars. If you think it was an empty threat, just forget everything about the letter and it will blow over, just don't expect to strike up a conversation with the girl or her friends any time soon.

Oh, and writing a letter also makes it look like you are an alright guy who made only one stupid mistake in your life.

(Sorry if all of my ideas are in a mess and out of order, I have a lot to say and don't know how to say it without writing a book.)

22031_s.gif

hooked up with the girl I've been recently[ish] posting about on here again. took a few steps forward if you catch my drift. After I was 'finished' so to speak she popped the "are we boyfriend and girlfriend now" on me. Somehow I didn't expect this. We then had a mature conversation as to why we disagree on what a relationship would mean, and now I don't know if she'll continue hooking up with me. I do want to date her...just not like this second you know? Maybe in like a month or so when my life chills out a bit. Pretty sure I can [get away with it sounds like a lousy way of phrasing it, but...] get away with it until then. In the back of my head I feel this is a wrong decision, but there's a lot of flak aimed at me if I go public with any girl, so it is what it is. I got into a car accident on the way home tonight and she was the first [and only] person I told so far. I texted her, and she immediately called all concerned and stuff.

But I guess for real facts and stories, I'll just have to live onward

Not to be a debbie downer here but good chemistry and liking someone doesn't always mean a good relationship. If you're not sure you want to be in a relationship then don't be in one. It's a mistake to commit to something like that unless you're totally on board with it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Damn she sprung that on you pretty quick. That's not really a good sign imo.

rosssigfinal.jpg

hooked up with the girl I've been recently[ish] posting about on here again. took a few steps forward if you catch my drift. After I was 'finished' so to speak she popped the "are we boyfriend and girlfriend now" on me. Somehow I didn't expect this. We then had a mature conversation as to why we disagree on what a relationship would mean, and now I don't know if she'll continue hooking up with me. I do want to date her...just not like this second you know? Maybe in like a month or so when my life chills out a bit. Pretty sure I can [get away with it sounds like a lousy way of phrasing it, but...] get away with it until then. In the back of my head I feel this is a wrong decision, but there's a lot of flak aimed at me if I go public with any girl, so it is what it is. I got into a car accident on the way home tonight and she was the first [and only] person I told so far. I texted her, and she immediately called all concerned and stuff.

Not even a month and you're doing her in the sack? No wonder she wants to date ASAP.

Popoto.~<3

Not even a month and you're doing her in the sack? No wonder she wants to date ASAP.

hey hey hey, i offer to take her out and do stuff all the time, but she complains about owing me money and all that nonsense, so she usually rejects anything else that I offer to do with her.

Not to be a debbie downer here but good chemistry and liking someone doesn't always mean a good relationship. If you're not sure you want to be in a relationship then don't be in one. It's a mistake to commit to something like that unless you're totally on board with it.

You're only feeding my commitment issues :P I'm well aware of the potential of a real relationship verse the practicality, which is why I didn't just straight up say "yeah sure". I basically just told her we'll be exclusive and then left.

There's surely less wrong with taking it slow than with rushing it, and if this is truly because this isn't the kind of "later" that means "never", then it's not a commitment issue; in fact, it sounds a lot more like a good way to prevent one.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

You're only feeding my commitment issues :P I'm well aware of the potential of a real relationship verse the practicality, which is why I didn't just straight up say "yeah sure". I basically just told her we'll be exclusive and then left.

I really don't understand why you aren't polyamorous

77yLQy8.png

I can be, but she's not really down with that her exact quote being "I don't usually like doing this sort of thing with someone I'm not in a relationship with". Almost like she let me get with her to hold it over my head...but that's my cynicism talking. I don't really care cause whatever happens is just going to happen

...Im starting to feel sorry for her now.

And I thought I had problems holding back my Hypersexuality issues.

Popoto.~<3

I can be, but she's not really down with that her exact quote being "I don't usually like doing this sort of thing with someone I'm not in a relationship with". Almost like she let me get with her to hold it over my head...but that's my cynicism talking. I don't really care cause whatever happens is just going to happen

So you're not being polyamorous because of a girl? >_>

77yLQy8.png

Not really looking for any specific dating advice at the moment, but feel free to give me your .02¢. I've never had much luck with women, unfortunately I always find myself falling into the friend zone at one point or another, and never seem to be anything more then that to the ladies. I'm tired of it, and I want to change that; although I'm not exactly sure of how to do so, especially after my last 'failure'. (See below)

There's this new girl at my work. I notice she's having a hard time adjusting to the new job so I decide to introduce myself, which is something I wouldn't normally do right away but rather wait until we bump into one another. After a quick introduction, we make some small talk, I give her a few tips, crack a joke or two, and soon after I take off and left her be. After breaking the ice, I felt like there's was a connection between us, like I had a great opportunity at hand and so I decided to pursue a little further. Fast forward a little bit, over the next two weeks I get to know her pretty well, learn some of her interests, find we have some things in common, all that good stuff. Eventually I decided to man up and ask for her phone number, and add her on Facebook so we could talk outside of work. She gladly gives me her number and accepts my friend request. Great! Felt like nothing could hold me back at that point. One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind hahaha..

Yeah, just as things are looking up, here it comes; the downward spiral. Naturally with my luck things aren't destined to go all that well for very long, and sure enough I find myself learning things about her I wish I hadn't. She's a few years younger then I am, but with a very different lifestyle and a lot of baggage. I'm a pretty laid back, down to earth guy while she is the wild party girl that is trying to recover from her past mistakes. I decided to look past most of the things she said, after all nobodies perfect, and offered some advice to get her life back on track. Looking back these were probably the biggest mistakes I made: not running (partially joking), taking a bit too much interest and probably coming across like a condescending parent.. But anyway, two weeks into the job she's settled in pretty well and after a long week I think we could both deserve a break. Friday after work I send her a text asking if she is interesting in a round of drinks, my treat of course. She declines, as I said she is trying to change her lifestyle, and has made plans anyway.

Not a big deal, I reply back with a smug joke and tell her to have a good weekend. Realizing I may have said something offensive I eventually catch up with her on Facebook and apologize saying the offer still stands if she was ever interested. A minute or two passes and then she drops the bombshell, "I don't want you getting the wrong idea, I just want to be friends." Boom, head shot. There it is again, 0-3. Being rejected before I'm not too sad about it, in fact looking back even though I didn't get the girl this experience has probably made me a better man, and person overall. I've got a better idea what to do and what not to do when the next girl comes along. So some good definitely came out of all of this but it still kind of sucks. It might make me sound like a selfish ass but I am sick of just being a friend, I think I'll be avoiding her so I don't get any more attached then I already am. Maybe we were too different, maybe she wasn't ready, maybe I made myself too available, even now I'm not 100% sure. Ah well, live and learn.

Come Monday I imagine there's going to be some awkward moments, maybe that's why people don't date coworkers. I'm kind of rambling here now so I'm just going to end it here and go to sleep, got some thinking to do.

Not really looking for any specific dating advice at the moment, but feel free to give me your .02¢. I've never had much luck with women, unfortunately I always find myself falling into the friend zone at one point or another, and never seem to be anything more then that to the ladies. I'm tired of it, and I want to change that; although I'm not exactly sure of how to do so, especially after my last 'failure'. (See below)

There's this new girl at my work....

and then I stopped reading. Don't date co-workers. Seriously. friends of co-workers are fine. never co-workers. bad idea. no. don't go there.

@muggi:

I didn't go monog for a girl anymore than I became poly to get over a girl ;)

Taking a lot of interest immediately is probably the wrong idea. Basically, try to avoid jumping into it all like a rabid dog.. it just scares women away and creates awkwardness.

I do recommend looking up the teachings of David DeAngelo - he helped me a lot, he's covered most areas of attraction, and how to refine those qualities within yourself.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Alright, first post here, so hi.

Anyway, I need some help/advice. I want a girlfriend/relationship so incredibly much that it just kills me sometimes. I don't show it on the outside, but on the inside I'm getting pretty damn desperate. I don't really have anyone specific in mind, nor do I have any girl friends for that matter either, except one. But she's like a sister to me, so that's off the table. I realize that's not much to build on, lol.

Only been in one real relationship before, but she ended up cheating on me with my best friend even though I felt like I did everything right in that relationship. I've gotten pretty close with 2-3 other girls, but always just a bit too slow to finally make my move and I ended up in the friendzone.

My friends aren't much help in this matter since they're all pretty nerd-ish or even less experienced than me in these matters, so that's why I decided to ask here. I'm very insecure in talking with strangers. But however, when I'm with my friends, I can do pretty much anything and say anything to everyone without even thinking about it. I want to be able to feel that confident when talking to strangers alone. I've been thinking about going up to random girls (with friends as moral support in the background), ask them their names, ask them some random-ish questions and finally ask them out/their numbers. I'm pretty sure in most cases I'd get rejected, but I want to try and see if I'd become more "comfortable" with rejections. Does that make sense or is that just stupid?

TL;DR: Can't talk to strangers, want a girlfriend, need help.

Any help, advice or input is appreciated.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Anyway, I need some help/advice. I want a girlfriend/relationship so incredibly much that it just kills me sometimes. I don't show it on the outside, but on the inside I'm getting pretty damn desperate. I don't really have anyone specific in mind, nor do I have any girl friends for that matter either, except one. But she's like a sister to me, so that's off the table. I realize that's not much to build on, lol.

Only been in one real relationship before, but she ended up cheating on me with my best friend even though I felt like I did everything right in that relationship. I've gotten pretty close with 2-3 other girls, but always just a bit too slow to finally make my move and I ended up in the friendzone.

My friends aren't much help in this matter since they're all pretty nerd-ish or even less experienced than me in these matters, so that's why I decided to ask here. I'm very insecure in talking with strangers. But however, when I'm with my friends, I can do pretty much anything and say anything to everyone without even thinking about it. I want to be able to feel that confident when talking to strangers alone. I've been thinking about going up to random girls (with friends as moral support in the background), ask them their names, ask them some random-ish questions and finally ask them out/their numbers. I'm pretty sure in most cases I'd get rejected, but I want to try and see if I'd become more "comfortable" with rejections. Does that make sense or is that just stupid?

Fear of talking to strangers:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/192134-i-want-a-girlfriendboyfriend-and-other-such-relationship-advice/page__view__findpost__p__4334031

Additional resources/recommended reading:

http://www.personalpowermeditation.com/the-end-of-social-anxiety.php

http://www.personalpowermeditation.com/blog/

http://www.personalpowermeditation.com/forum/index.php

As far as wanting a girlfriend goes-- since I can't find the reply I made in a similar conversation a while back, I'll try to paraphrase it in a nutshell.

I don't think you necessarily want a girlfriend. Rather, you just have some basic needs that are you are failing to fulfill, and want a girlfriend to fill that void for you. If you get into a relationship with this intent, you're asking for trouble. Acknowledge your basic needs first and then pursue relationships when you're in a healthy state of mind. Otherwise your happiness will be dependent on your girlfriend. And that is bad.

I'll try and find my post... in the mean time, if you want me to elaborate on how to accomplish that, let me know.

77yLQy8.png

The more you want a girlfriend, the less likely you are to find one. And even if you do, they'll likely be desperate/clingy/other unwanted traits. Leik - you have some female accomplices. Go out with them, meet some new people. Girls tend to help attract more girls. Keep your friend's close, and have fun. Don't try to make something out of something that isn't there. Let life take it's course, and enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it - switch things up. If you're having trouble with strangers on your own [as I do] practice bringing less and less friends along with you when you meet new people. Eventually you won't 'need' them to support you in your social climbing. It's an important skill you'll need as you move off to college/university. Might as well get some practice in.

fairly unrelated: My friend accidentally discovered a brilliant way to pick up retail girls at work. He went to a girl's clothing store at the mall looking for a leather jacket for his girlfriend for Christmas. They were out of stock on the website, so he starts talking to one of the floor girls. They talked about the jacket, how awkward it was being a guy in the store, and he ended with "Can I give you my number?" She got all giddy and smiley and he started laughing and said that it was so she could tell him when the next shipment of coats came in. She kind of dropped the giddy act after that, but as it turns out...Had he not been there for his girlfriend [and had no girlfriend] he could have very easily, and smoothly gotten together with this sales girl.

Easy as that.

I am sooo testing this out at some point

You always want a girlfriend until you get one, then you wish she'd shut-up and leave you alone so you can play Runescape.

You always want a girlfriend until you get one, then you wish she'd shut-up and leave you alone so you can play Runescape.

The trick is to wait until your bored with RuneScape, and then start a relationship. If you do it right, you can delegate RuneScape right back to hobby status where it belongs :thumbsup:

There is no problem with wanting a girlfriend, however there is a problem with obsessing. It's best just to remember with every girl you flirt with or meet; that even though you want a girlfriend, you're far better off keeping your options open before committing yourself to a specific person. I like to look at flirting with multiple girls as the test as to whether or not you'd like to be with that individual. I don't like to date a girl unless I'm quite positive she is the one for me. I see many people barely get to know someone and then start dating them. Reminds me of how it was to be 13, and randomly date a girl in the class, kiss and mess around, then it be over and be another girl. It's not a real relationship, and once you're no longer 13 it's a waste of time to date in such a manner.

Regarding your past relationship, realize that even though you feel you did everything right, and were the kind of guy that other girls may only dream of having, not everyone is compatible. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you, or that there was anything wrong with her. Quite simply, some people feel that they are with someone they could not see themselves spending the rest of their lives with, and for that reason they don't see the relationship worth their investment of time. In many cases this is not a feeling felt by both individuals, but all it takes is one.

Also, keep in mind that there is no problem in being in the "friendzone" with a number of girls. Many people will make it sound as though once you're in the friendzone with a girl, your chances are next to none. I have never had a problem with having sex/relations with a friend, but I can see the potential for things to become uneasy if the friend you have sex or a relationship with is not the type of person to avoid letting it ruin a friendship. I'm definitely not saying to try and have a relationship with the girls you know who are friends. The point I'm creeping towards is that there is nothing wrong with befriending a ton of girls. Most of the time I find that if a girl becomes friends with a guy, and the guy is a true person in her eyes, she'll have no trouble hooking her friends up with him. This is not something to rely solely on, but why not have all potential resources working in your favour?

I would suggest reading some of the material related to speaking with strangers that other posters have offered. I can't relate to this issue, so I can't really be of much help regarding it. I just know the more I travel and the more people I get to know, both sexually and purely in terms of friendship (even a random encounter), the more confident I feel. In my mind it would make the most sense to go out with your friends if it makes you feel more confident. Also, if they are less experienced than you, you're likely to stand out positively by comparison. It might sound crude, but many people do this without even realizing it. In terms of any encounters, I imagine springing a question for contact information will not lead to a desirable outcome. I've never been the kind of person to ask for a girls number. Generally I just continue to talk with them, and try to relate on whatever levels I can. Basically for me it is all about making her laugh (and not too many times at your own expense when first meeting, unless it's just you and her around - and only at her expense when you're sure how she'll react). Generally it's safest to make a joke about random strangers you see, or your friends - hers if she makes jokes at their expense as well.

Regardless I wait until they ask for mine, or I mess around on my phone after flirting hard with them, and a vast majority of the time they steal my phone and enter their own number (usually entering their name as something comical or sexually related). I feel that this way a girl never feels overwhelmed that things are moving too fast. However, keep in mind that your technique should depend entirely on the type of girl you are attracted to. You know what you want better than I ever could.

In a nutshell my advice is to get to know a number of girls in whatever way you deem most comfortable. Spend time with each of them, and choose which you can be friends with and which you want something more with. Most importantly take things slow. There is always time to find a girl and begin a relationship. In my mind it makes the most sense to choose wisely, and in turn spend your time wisely. Do what makes you happy, not what will break your heart in the end. Always keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with being single. The moment you get used to being single is when a prime relationship opportunity will present itself. Best of luck, and hope my rambling helps in some way.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

OK... So i like this girl... I talk to her on mondays and email her and sometimes im with her. My friend also talks with her but ill talk about that later.. So my friend (ill call him gary for purposes).. so gary told her i like her telling her that i didnt know he told her that. so she knows i like her but dosnt think i know that she knows. she replied to gary saying that she didnt know if she liked me or not. she cant date till shes 16 (two years) and theres about 4 other people that like her. so sometimes at school i sit with her and she 'forgets' her book so we share one. is this a silent way of telling me something? so when we talk on email and stuff she kinda tried to get me to tell her i like her but when i was about to she said she had to go (she really didnt). she invited me and gary to a play that she is in, is this a silent way of telling me something? so gary emails and tlaks to her alot too. she talks about him with me sometimes.. he just broke up with his girlfriend and shows some intrest in her. what should i do about that? also, i usually have to start the email/im for her to tlak to me. she wont start it (send me one first). is this because shes afraid to show intrest? so to sum it up, what should i do about telling her? what shoudl i do about going to the play? what should i do about telling him? what shoudl i do with talking to her?

Thanks

~ Marbl

OK... So i like this girl... I talk to her on mondays and email her and sometimes im with her. My friend also talks with her but ill talk about that later.. So my friend (ill call him gary for purposes).. so gary told her i like her telling her that i didnt know he told her that. so she knows i like her but dosnt think i know that she knows. she replied to gary saying that she didnt know if she liked me or not. she cant date till shes 16 (two years) and theres about 4 other people that like her. so sometimes at school i sit with her and she 'forgets' her book so we share one. is this a silent way of telling me something? so when we talk on email and stuff she kinda tried to get me to tell her i like her but when i was about to she said she had to go (she really didnt). she invited me and gary to a play that she is in, is this a silent way of telling me something? so gary emails and tlaks to her alot too. she talks about him with me sometimes.. he just broke up with his girlfriend and shows some intrest in her. what should i do about that? also, i usually have to start the email/im for her to tlak to me. she wont start it (send me one first). is this because shes afraid to show intrest? so to sum it up, what should i do about telling her? what shoudl i do about going to the play? what should i do about telling him? what shoudl i do with talking to her?

Thanks

~ Marbl

The way I'm seeing this:

1. You're taking hints that she's into you when she actually isn't into you.

2. She is comfortable with you as a friend, therefore has no troubles inviting you to her own events, and being a bit more personal (this is what I see.)

3. She doesn't want to hurt Gary's feeling so she lied to him about liking you.

4. She isn't willing to date anyone because she is not allowed, therefore she is trying to keep contact with you, but being a bit shy about it. (This could also be happening).

or

5. She's into Gary.

If I were you, I'd go to the play and gouge her interest in you there (although she'll be probably be on the stage), see if she has any interest on you.

I mess around on my phone after flirting hard with them, and a vast majority of the time they steal my phone and enter their own number (usually entering their name as something comical or sexually related).

I am so trying that :shades:

One of my biggest problems when flirting with girls is asking her for her number, this should be a rather amusing way to fix this.

22031_s.gif

I am so trying that :shades:

One of my biggest problems when flirting with girls is asking her for her number, this should be a rather amusing way to fix this.

Why don't you just give them your number and let them chase you instead?

77yLQy8.png

Thanks

~ Marbl

1 post count from a theoretical 14 year old makes me think troll but...

Pretty sure she's not into you, and possibly is into Gary. None of this matters if she's truly not going to date anyone for 2 years anyway. Just be friends with her and get rid of your attraction towards her. Not even worth it at that age.