Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Da_Latios

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

I was pretty much going to say what TTanT said.

bonfires, playing sports with others, just being playful with each other [talking, tag, w/e], board games, movies at home, wander around large department stores and have sword fights with merchandise, go to the mall and troll people publicly, go to a book store and replace bibles in the fiction section, make a pillow fort, just general fun stuff.

And hooking up is always free. Unless you're not really "together" with the other party lol

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ugh, I should have listened to you guys about not going to prom with Stacey anymore after that thing ended.

After it did, we sort of stopped talking for like a week, but then we started talking again and now we talk just as much as we used to when that whole thing was going on. And as stupid as it is to say about somebody you're trying to get over, lately she's become one of my closest friends, which makes the whole "just stop talking to her" thing not work out all that well.

To make that a little bit worse, I went with her and some other people on a trip to Mackinac Island for a drama competition this weekend, and ended up spending most of the time with her (the other people as well but I still ended up being with her the most). As we were staying at a five star hotel up there, we had to dress formally in the evenings for dinner and the like. And of course, we ended up unintentionally matching both nights. And of course, seeing her all dolled up like that made her even more attractive to me.

But, this last weekend with her made me realize that I'm starting to one-itis pretty hard for her, which is...not good. I've managed to avoid that happening for like four years, but she's...something else, lol. Regardless, our prom is in two weeks, and we're still going together. I don't think it will be awkward because we're really good friends at least, but I'm not sure how to go about getting over her. Normally I'd try meeting other girls, but that's sort of shot down by high school ending next friday and pretty much being locked into my existing social groups afterward for the summer (of which she's a part now) until college starts. I know once college starts I'll be able to get over that a lot easier because of all the new people, but I don't want to spend my whole summer being down about this girl who by this point I'm friendzoned to hell and back by. At the same time, I really don't want to lose that friendship by cutting it off completely, as like I said, she's a really close friend now.

Ugh. What do I do?

Like it or not, I think your waiting till colledge. If you have a job over the summer, while I seriously suggest not falling for people you work with if you can help it, if your working with people your age, it might give you access to another social circle or two (for the summer) to help keep you occupied (your job should be doing this during the day).

The one thing I will say about the prom, is that most people are going to be couples, and sometimes its awkward being a friends pair surrounded by people who are more than that. I had two proms in a manner of speaking. I had mine, which was a class afair/party (which also happened to fall on my birthday and was a total blast), and I attended my friends which was more conventional, as a just friends thing. I'd say starting around 1am I really started wishing that I was there with someone who was more than a friend. It probably depends on how much that kind of thing bothers you though. Me, I have a bit of a jeleous streak for that kind of thing.

Just cause summer is starting doesn't mean you get "locked" in your friend group. Actually with all the post-grads returning home, your options have multiplied.

Like it or not, I think your waiting till colledge. If you have a job over the summer, while I seriously suggest not falling for people you work with if you can help it, if your working with people your age, it might give you access to another social circle or two (for the summer) to help keep you occupied (your job should be doing this during the day).

The one thing I will say about the prom, is that most people are going to be couples, and sometimes its awkward being a friends pair surrounded by people who are more than that. I had two proms in a manner of speaking. I had mine, which was a class afair/party (which also happened to fall on my birthday and was a total blast), and I attended my friends which was more conventional, as a just friends thing. I'd say starting around 1am I really started wishing that I was there with someone who was more than a friend. It probably depends on how much that kind of thing bothers you though. Me, I have a bit of a jeleous streak for that kind of thing.

Yeah I wasn't planning on getting a job this summer, my parents pay for my gas and whatever else I need and it's nearly impossible to find one in my area (I was trying to find one for a while). Was just planning on enjoying my last summer with everyone from high school.

And yeah, I figured that about prom, lol, and I also figured that would be an issue because I'm going in her group and we're the only friends couple in the group (of like six couples total, granted). I mean I'll just go with it but I'm hoping that doesn't get too bad, lmao. And if it does, my other group of friends that are going aren't nearly as entangled as hers so we could move around or something. But no point in getting too worried about that now.

And RPG, I don't really have any friends that graduated and are coming back; However as I think about it more there are a couple friends of mine I could probably reconnect with more and meet people through, lol. I just meant the locked in thing as saying that there wouldn't really be away to avoid being with her because I'm obviously going to spend the most time with my closest friends. But again, guess I'll just have to see what happens as far as that's concerned, lol.

T minus 15 days til my ex is back in town.

She's been texting me all day about how she might break up with her boyfriend because she's had the "sudden epiphany" that she's still in love with me, despite being with 6 different people in the past few years since we stopped dating.

Chicks man.

Rpg, if she gets within 20 feet of you, I suggest you resist any urge to say or do anything with her, punch a hole through the nearest car window, hijack said car, and drive away as fast as possible. If nearest car is your own, skip to the driving away part.

Flyingjj.png

[bleep], messed up again.

So today, saw that girl again, first time since last Thursday, tbh. I was with my bicycle again and I was hurrying, but I stopped. Asked her to the movies for tomorrow. I'm going to see Dictator with some buddies so I thought it would be cool if we had extra people, specially her. And she couldn't. And I just said bye and biked off.

Silly stupid me, should've at least hugged!

Dat more of a rant than an ask for advice.

Oh, and if anyone asks about movies if I haven't got any money, the case is that I have 1 free ticket, lying around for a long time already, so I thought it was the time to use it.

But now, I still haven't seen her and I haven't arranged anything...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Silly stupid me, should've at least hugged!

Bad Dobby, bad!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Etc, etc

I missed a lot of people, but I pretty much just looked at the most recent posters. My point is we're all predictable. :ohnoes:

OT:

Prom is rapidly approaching, and a girl whom I like but doubt I have a chance with (she just doesn't seem interested) is working on her masquearade amsk during the same periods and in the same room as me.

I guess I'll find out if I have a chance pretty quick.

Something tells me I'll be entering college single though. Not that that's a bad thing.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Etc, etc

I missed a lot of people, but I pretty much just looked at the most recent posters. My point is we're all predictable. :ohnoes:

OT:

Prom is rapidly approaching, and a girl whom I like but doubt I have a chance with (she just doesn't seem interested) is working on her masquearade amsk during the same periods and in the same room as me.

I guess I'll find out if I have a chance pretty quick.

Something tells me I'll be entering college single though. Not that that's a bad thing.

HEY HEY HEY

I only have one psycho ex haha

The rest are just..[Caution: Executable File]s.{EDIT: lolwat? what is that censor? that was bizzarre. I just said "normal ex girlfriends"} Nothing really special about them. I'm actually fairly good friends with one of them. But yes, we are predictable because our lives have a story, and like any story we have genres. While the plot may shift, the atmosphere will likely stay the same. Especially for the duration of our posting here. If anything to dramatic were to change, I doubt us "regular predictable folk" would still post here. Which is why I truly miss IGoddessI and Ginger_Warrior as regulars. They always had their head on straight.

@SaqPrets

Do my forehead a favor and stop making me slap it.

You said "(dot)exes" which is the file extension for an executable file.

I'm also going to go see my EX for the first time in almost a year this weekend... I'm not really sure how I feel about it. =/

Well on Monday I'm finally going on my first official date with the guy I've liked since September :)

Monday's the day of my last exam so it'll be a nice finish to exams season too icon_thumbsu.gif

Especially with the lovely weather.

Anyway the 'moral' of my story is basically don't be shy to make your feelings known to the girl/guy you like.

(Yes, I'm talking to girls too), don't be afraid to tell the other person what you think.

Even if they say no at first, (which is what happened to me), people change their minds, 'no' definitely does not mean it's the end.

It just might not be the right time for it, or maybe he/she feels differently. Just because he said no, doesn't mean you can't be friends, which is what I did for a while.

I stayed good friends with him and we got closer and closer, and now we've agreed to test it icon_e_smile.gif

Nothing official, but I'm happy anyway.

So basics, I'm just here to encourage you guys to not be afraid to say what you want. It's a lot more harmful to suppress it.

Well, as a response to those previous people questioning me, I have my reasons for being oblivious of seeing that girls like me.

I am quite sure it comes from my background as in the area where I live and where I have most of my friends (male) I used to be a common laughingstock. A total loser. I was the nerdiest and weirdest and doucheyest guy around. I used to hang around with guys 3-4 years older than I was when I was in preschool and grade school, since they were the only people I could hang out with at all. And I got teased and bullied and so on a lot. There are many-many-many things that happened even in really early childhood that I'd rather not remember. No child abuse or anything like that, but really-really-really humiliating stuff. I have had my ego stamped hard into the ground.

And that has shaped quite some of my personality. As a matter of fact, among girls I am still often the laughingstock of the group in that area. I don't know a single girl there any better than as an acquiantance.

One problem is that I live 10 km's from any place with people that I know. So I am used to stay alone at home, at all times... My best friend was the computer for years.

My relations with girls have mostly changed since 2 years ago, when I went to high school to the capital. I am not afraid of girls anymore, as I used to be before, but I live 30 km's from the city. I don't have a drivers' license yet, my parents are totally against any unnecessary drives, even if it means that I have to walk home during the middle of the night. In winter. With -20 degrees Celsius. The public transportation system is way overpriced and I can't afford extra rides. And I simply don't have time, since I should have basketball practices 5 times a week in another town. Immediately after school.

I am used to having no social life outside of school, and I am still seriously lacking. My main times of meeting people are my basketball practices or school and frankly, that is really limiting. There are 400k inhabitants in the city, yet I only speak weekly with my classmates.

It has happened so, that I have kissed a girl, but that was on her initiative, and as I later found out, was meant to get my mind off another girl. All my life I've been screwed over by girls, as there were times when I was phyisically weaker than most of the girls in my class... Oh, and did I mention that the only girl I've ever open my feelings for totally tore me up and destroyed me mentally? Until this day she is the only person that I am actively blocking everywhere, even in school. And she is blocking me back aswell, and I don't have a problem with that. I have spoken 2 words with her, literally 2 words with her in the last half a year. And we practically go to the same class.

And now I have the problem that I am a freaking GIANT. As I have mentioned, my looks have turned people off and some girls are sincerely scared of me, because of my height and my voice.

So yeah, my 2 cents on why I am being oblivious that girls might like me. Before that thread I would've never even gotten as far as I am now. I would've known absolutely nothing about girls' behavior. I am thankful for you people around here and I have lurked here in this thread for ages. Actually since the day I joined the forums, which was in 2008 :smile: . But I have been too hopeless to even post here before, well, last half a year.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Conditions aside, you gotta recognize when a girl is into you. It's a skill every male needs. Even guys that aren't into girls.

Conditions aside, you gotta recognize when a girl is into you. It's a skill every male needs. Even guys that aren't into girls.

Are you teaching a class anytime soon? :!: :unsure:

You won't learn it through reading/studying. You have to experience it yourself to be able to detect all the subtleties.

77yLQy8.png

You won't learn it through reading/studying. You have to experience it yourself to be able to detect all the subtleties.

Yeah, I kinda figured that, but I just happen to be one of the most oblivious people I can think of to subtleties...

Well, as a response to those previous people questioning me, I have my reasons for being oblivious of seeing that girls like me.

I am quite sure it comes from my background as in the area where I live and where I have most of my friends (male) I used to be a common laughingstock. A total loser. I was the nerdiest and weirdest and doucheyest guy around. I used to hang around with guys 3-4 years older than I was when I was in preschool and grade school, since they were the only people I could hang out with at all. And I got teased and bullied and so on a lot. There are many-many-many things that happened even in really early childhood that I'd rather not remember. No child abuse or anything like that, but really-really-really humiliating stuff. I have had my ego stamped hard into the ground.

And that has shaped quite some of my personality. As a matter of fact, among girls I am still often the laughingstock of the group in that area. I don't know a single girl there any better than as an acquiantance.

One problem is that I live 10 km's from any place with people that I know. So I am used to stay alone at home, at all times... My best friend was the computer for years.

My relations with girls have mostly changed since 2 years ago, when I went to high school to the capital. I am not afraid of girls anymore, as I used to be before, but I live 30 km's from the city. I don't have a drivers' license yet, my parents are totally against any unnecessary drives, even if it means that I have to walk home during the middle of the night. In winter. With -20 degrees Celsius. The public transportation system is way overpriced and I can't afford extra rides. And I simply don't have time, since I should have basketball practices 5 times a week in another town. Immediately after school.

I am used to having no social life outside of school, and I am still seriously lacking. My main times of meeting people are my basketball practices or school and frankly, that is really limiting. There are 400k inhabitants in the city, yet I only speak weekly with my classmates.

It has happened so, that I have kissed a girl, but that was on her initiative, and as I later found out, was meant to get my mind off another girl. All my life I've been screwed over by girls, as there were times when I was phyisically weaker than most of the girls in my class... Oh, and did I mention that the only girl I've ever open my feelings for totally tore me up and destroyed me mentally? Until this day she is the only person that I am actively blocking everywhere, even in school. And she is blocking me back aswell, and I don't have a problem with that. I have spoken 2 words with her, literally 2 words with her in the last half a year. And we practically go to the same class.

And now I have the problem that I am a freaking GIANT. As I have mentioned, my looks have turned people off and some girls are sincerely scared of me, because of my height and my voice.

So yeah, my 2 cents on why I am being oblivious that girls might like me. Before that thread I would've never even gotten as far as I am now. I would've known absolutely nothing about girls' behavior. I am thankful for you people around here and I have lurked here in this thread for ages. Actually since the day I joined the forums, which was in 2008 :smile: . But I have been too hopeless to even post here before, well, last half a year.

Have you considered moving? Ask your parents...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Are you teaching a class anytime soon? icon_exclaim.gif :unsure:

Yeah, I kinda figured that, but I just happen to be one of the most oblivious people I can think of to subtleties...

I'd love to teach a class. I'd even bring some of the users of this thread in as guest speakers haha. But it's something that truly needs to be taught by example and experience, not something you can read in a book. I've been teaching my more-awkward friends for...well since I've been single. It's kind of how I dealt with it I guess, instead of being upset about being single, I channeled it into getting my friends laid. My best friend has been with his girl since October [had to get him over his first girl after 3 years first] and he's literally the happiest I've ever seen him. I wish I knew everyone on this thread on a personal level like that so I could help more than just being an internet personality...

What does that have to do with anything?

If anything that is a major advantage! I'm a very tall person as well. I don't know how tall you are (maybe I missed it or didn't absorb it) but it wont be too far from me.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

What does that have to do with anything?

If anything that is a major advantage! I'm a very tall person as well. I don't know how tall you are (maybe I missed it or didn't absorb it) but it wont be too far from me.

I'm 6ft 5. Don't know anyone that was scared of me. My last girlfriend was about 5ft as well haha. They aren't scared of you, just have confidence.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg