Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Da_Latios

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Sucks, but just because she has a boyfriend (which is not for sure), doesn't mean she's not into you. That probably doesn't change much about what you're going to do and I'm not saying "just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score", but you may not have misread anything.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

"just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score"

That was actually the first thing to pop into my mind when I read his post >_>

77yLQy8.png

Personally I think that if you know a girl has a boyfriend that should be when you stop pursuing her. Encouraging her to cheat on him with you will end up hurting both him and her due to guilt, jealousy, betrayal, etc.

Sure the girl should know better than to cheat if that's against her values, but encouraging others to go against their values is still morally unsound. After all, if you talk a person into stealing a car you caused that theft. Even if you believe in polygamy, if a couple is in a monogamous relationship that shouldn't be changed unless both of them agree to it, as one or both of them may lack the capacity to deal with the potential jealousy and other issues polygamy can cause.

Of course if you don't know whether she has one I say pursue her until you find out.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I'd probably be stewing it over in your shoes as well, but the simplest way is to just ask "hey that guy I saw you with the other day, is he your boyfriend?" If she says yes, you know it's time to stop. If she says no, you keep going for her.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

"just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score"

That was actually the first thing to pop into my mind when I read his post >_>

I don't have a problem with it and I think the person in the relationship bears all the responsibility, but I don't think that's what G_W was aiming for, that's all.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Thanks for your replies. I wouldn't deliberately split them apart because, actually, if she's having trouble or if she's not happy with her boyfriend, then the last thing she needs is someone abusing that position of trust. When you're in a position where a girl already has a boyfriend it becomes very important to draw a line under it. That's the advice I would give to someone else in the same situation. Clearly, a lot of the anxiety seems to be drawn from not knowing whether it was her boyfriend or not, so I need to find that out.

I'm not necessarily against polyamorous relationships, it's just not something I'm interested in. But it's a valid suggestion if that's what we'd both be interested in.

• Like 1

To kind of repeat everyone, and yourself, find out if she's truly in the relationship.

Personally, she sounds like a complete turn off to me for two reasons:

Firstly, she flirted with you. In the context of her liking you, or her even being flirty in general, this is totally fine, but if she's in a relationship and openly flirting with other guys, and flirting in a way that is convey, seemingly, strong attraction, not good.

Secondly, if she is in a relationship and the above is true, then she'll most definitely be doing that with other guys in every other relationship she's in, until she learns that getting other people's attention isn't what it's all about. Sure be poly or whatever, but don't be an attention [bleep] (no offence to anyone, but really).

Just my thoughts.

To kind of repeat everyone, and yourself, find out if she's truly in the relationship.

Personally, she sounds like a complete turn off to me for two reasons:

Firstly, she flirted with you. In the context of her liking you, or her even being flirty in general, this is totally fine, but if she's in a relationship and openly flirting with other guys, and flirting in a way that is convey, seemingly, strong attraction, not good.

Secondly, if she is in a relationship and the above is true, then she'll most definitely be doing that with other guys in every other relationship she's in, until she learns that getting other people's attention isn't what it's all about. Sure be poly or whatever, but don't be an attention [bleep] (no offence to anyone, but really).

Just my thoughts.

If she isn't in a relationship though all that is invalid.

go for it brothaaa~

Not entirely true, honestly.

If she seemed so relationship-y, for lack of a better term, with whoever Gingy saw her with, AND she acted the way she did to Gingy, then honestly, she's still an attention [bleep], or at least is coming across that way to me.

If she seemed so relationship-y, for lack of a better term, with whoever Gingy saw her with, AND she acted the way she did to Gingy, then honestly, she's still an attention [bleep], or at least is coming across that way to me.

i agree, but how old is she? It boils down to maturity for me, and if she's say, 18, it's somewhat normal for people (not just women) at that age to be somewhat immature about relationships.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

i agree, but how old is she? It boils down to maturity for me, and if she's say, 18, it's somewhat normal for people (not just women) at that age to be somewhat immature about relationships.

That's true, but I would say it's more insecurity than immaturity. Immaturity you can grow out of, insecurity, not as easily.

Then he was probably trying to get it in. Welcome to campus life.

As for hitting on girls in relationships, I'm alright with being a thief if and only if:

1) I'm in a good place

2) Their relationship isn't serious OR Their relationship is unhealthy

3) She's unhappy in her current situation

4) I don't like/have never liked the boyfriend

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

To be honest she didn't seem that relationship-y with him. It was more the other way round.

Well then, I'd go back to what you said earlier and agree with it. If she's not in a relationship, go for it. If she is and isn't content, don't be her fall back/trustee, let some one else (preferably someone who she won't rebound on to, so a girl specifically) fill that position. Then after/when they break up, wait a little then sweep and blahblahblah etc etc.

I wouldnt mind being that guy in pretty much the same criteria as RPG.

All a romantic relationship is, is an exclusivity agreement between two parties (normally) with passion thrown in. Now I am not apart of that agreement so I would not mind trying to flirt with that girl however I wouldn't go further then a lay if I convinced a girl to cheat on her bf because I could absolutely expect her to do the same to me.

So the coffee turned into lunch and overall I think it was a fairly successful date/meetup.

Also she has good taste in anime, and probably isn't an axe murderer (if she is she's a subtle one which is alright I can dig the occasional furtive homicide). I didn't get her phone number, but we did establish online contact so it's just a simple matter of popping her a message asking for it, now.

All in all it went pretty well, and now I have the standing to ask her out to an actual date without having to catch her after a class.

• Like 5

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Send me your crazies.

• Like 1

Send me your crazies.

For some reason just imagined you becoming like best friends with all things from the film, The Crazies.

/tangent

Nipple-ring hot mom called me out of the blue to tell me about her road rage. She went full blown pissed off Puerto Rican. It was sexy. And scary.

I absolutely have issues.

Is it a little weird to anyone, other than me, to see people dating in games? I don't mean that they're together and they play the game together. I mean they met on the game, and started dating on the game. Most of the people I've seen do this have never met the other person in real life & they're acting like it's a serious relationship. There is a certain RS couple that have been dating on RS for 2 years, but have never met in real life, texted, called, skyped or anything. It's 100% strictly RS, but the girl is saying they're going to get married in real life, and have kids. They both say they're in their 20's, but how can either of them be so sure?

Kyndelle.png

roseliasig.png

Is it a little weird to anyone, other than me, to see people dating in games? I don't mean that they're together and they play the game together. I mean they met on the game, and started dating on the game. Most of the people I've seen do this have never met the other person in real life & they're acting like it's a serious relationship. There is a certain RS couple that have been dating on RS for 2 years, but have never met in real life, texted, called, skyped or anything. It's 100% strictly RS, but the girl is saying they're going to get married in real life, and have kids. They both say they're in their 20's, but how can either of them be so sure?

yeah it's real weird, but I've also seen it work out real well more than once. If the relationship is to be taken seriously at all on an adult level though, they should atleast be able to contact each other by phone/skype. 2 years is a long time to never hear someone's voice.

I think from a sociological perspective, right now it's probably not normal for people to form relationships purely online. Although people can meet online, there does need to be some kind of face-to-face interaction in order to develop the emotional bonds that keep two people together. That norm will change as the world becomes smaller and technology means we're more well connected.

The talk about kids in particular isn't a case of social norms, though. It's a matter of what is practically possible. You can't possibly know through RuneScape how suitable someone is for bringing up your children. You can't even know if you'll find them sexually attractive. What you have is an avatar on which you've projected a whole load of emotions, many of which you don't really understand. That's why you need to live with a person first to see them "warts and all", and that's when you reflect on whether you really want them looking after your kids when you see their bad traits as well as their positive traits.

By "you" I meant anyone, not you specifically, of course.

Nipple-ring hot mom called me out of the blue to tell me about her road rage. She went full blown pissed off Puerto Rican. It was sexy. And scary.

I absolutely have issues.

Absolutely.

That does sound kind of hot though.

You really cant be so sure of it. But tot hem playing runescape is how they socialize and thats how they met each other, their rationality makes sense to them. While I neither agree or disagree or condone of their actions I guess whatever makes them happy right? But setting goals like that just sets you up for dissapointment. Especially if they never have met in real life or skyped or called or even texted. How do they even know what each other looks like? What if they arnt the gender they say they are?

I'm just glad I know my girlfriend in real life (we go to the same school) but we do play a lot of games together (mainly Diablo 3)

tl;dr for the tiny one paragraph mindless rambling; its hard to understand people rationality and perspective when you are on the outside, as far fetched as their beliefes souns.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png