Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Da_Latios

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

I mean that I think that most talk of how the next generation being wilder/crazier/nastier than their predecessors is mostly based in bias.

I mean, just because you weren't an absolute little shit when you were younger didn't mean many of your peers weren't. But when you're their age you're less likely to know about ways in which they're disrespectful/insane because for one you probably won't be associating with the worst ones, and two (if we're talking a lot younger than 19) you might not actually be capable of comprehending what's happening/ have the cognitive ability to realize what they've been doing.

Personally I think all generations have more or less been equally disrespectful and short sighted overall (Romans threw the craziest parties, seriously).

Edit:

Muggi, that's the best flirting technique I've heard since "chase the girl with the largest millipede you can find".

I mean, I know you're right, there was certainly some screw ups that I graduated with...I guess it is just bias, but I train highschool kids regularly at my job over the past 4 years, and they don't seem to be getting any more intelligent to say the least.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers. - socrates, 480 BC (maybe)

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress." - peter the hermit AD 1274

people have been thinking this for literal millenia

(fun fact: on my list of desirable penis nicknames, peter the hermit is #12)

• Like 3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

(fun fact: on my list of desirable penis nicknames, peter the hermit is #12)

Dare I ask what 1 through 11 are?

sorry homes im not just gonna spill the beans on my creme de la creme without so much as a date

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

EDIT: Sonofa[bleep]. Totally wanted to be like "yo guys the first person to call the youth young lazy gossipers was a greek philosopher" and then that [bleep]ing libertarian beat me to it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Because obviously, you weren't the same at 19 :P

Not to put myself or my generation on a high horse but what kids 19 now have experienced is quite different from when I was 19. They don't appreciate Limp Bizkit and KoRn. They're barely old enough to have experienced pokemon in its prime. I can't list specific differences, and maybe there's some geographical dimensions to it too, but it seems the up-coming generations are much screwier than the last. And the pattern continues.

Thats a bit bias, I guess I put myself in between your age and 19 so I experienced a bit of both worlds. I hate KoRn. Awful music imho. :P

The principle is correct though. The newer generation will never understand why you enjoy X so much because right now Y is all the craze. Like how I dont understand how people like Justin Beinbs but he will make more in a week than I will ever in a year.

Crazy stuff.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

The principle is correct though. The newer generation will never understand why you enjoy X so much because right now Y is all the craze. Like how I dont understand how people like Justin Beinbs but he will make more in a week than I will ever in a year.

Don't knock JB... his shit actually works (relative to all the other Lyric Pick Up videos):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMzrxzC7-V4

2:25 is a classic though...

• Like 2

Btw, that girl from last week... I added her on FB. She's single but...

Has anyone here ever been lesbianzoned before?

The lesbian zone is nice because you can still take showers with them and it's not weird :thumbup:

77yLQy8.png

The lesbian zone is nice because you can still take showers with them and it's not weird :thumbup:

I must have missed that post somewhere...

I got lesbianzoned once. Some of you may recall, it was something like 3 years ago. It's not really all that bad, but it does leave you with the burden of being the only one with the "problem" of attraction. Get it in your head that it's not gonna happen and move on. A lesbian is about as likely to "convert" as a straight girl would be to dating a girl. You can not get them to change teams.

*raises hand*

I did. Freshman year of college (university to the rest of the world.) And I was like, well then. Moving on.

I'm so well-adjusted.

p2gq.jpg

Sophomore year homecoming in high school lol. Got lesbianzoned after having my first kiss with this girl. woo.

Not aside from a couple blackout-drunk almost-hook-ups, lol. ._.

• Like 1

I'd actually rather be lesbianzoned than friendzoned. At least I don't have to watch them pick other dudes over me.

• Like 3

I'd actually rather be lesbianzoned than friendzoned. At least I don't have to watch them pick other dudes over me.

I'm not sure how I feel about that being sigged hahaha

Rpg I'd reread this: http://blackdragonbl...ss-and-oneitis/

I'm writing a big-ass post regarding points 3 and 4 for my blog, I'll share it here when I'm done. If you've got a big mission/purpose in your life, then it's really hard to get needy and unhappy because you've got bigger fish to fry, so to speak. And that's not limited to unhappiness regarding women either :D

http://happysaint.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/humanity/

77yLQy8.png

So I've had a few hangouts with the girl I was pursuing, but today I learned she's going home for the summer (which is an hour and a half drive away) which pretty much put a damper on me asking her out any time soon (frankly I'd rather be single over the summer than deal with the stresses of a long-distance relationship, as I've [more or less] been there before and it's terrible).

Especially since the semester is already over and final will be done next week.

• Like 1

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Tell her, "hey, wanna hook up right before you head back home for the summer." If she says yes, you get a hook up. If she says no, well, she's gonna be back home pretty quick so whatever.

#terribleadvice

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.