Da_Latios

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Sometimes you need to keep your hand on a hot stove for a few months before you realize its not such a great idea, eh Muggiw?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I know that song, I have heard it before and I even had to sing it in Russian class. Doesn't mean I understand nearly anything, but still.

Aaand we were "just friends" for exactly a day.

Game on.

Planned on watching a movie.

Couldn't even open my laptop.

Success?

Unfortunately she couldn't stay the night, she has a führer-like grandma and she promised to be home...

If I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing and feel like it was success as well; that being said, I can't help but feel that continuing things with a girl that said "let's just be friends" a day earlier won't end well.

Women constantly change their minds over everything.

77yLQy8.png

I mean guys often do to, just...not as frequently

One thing I constantly have to remind myself is that women are constantly being chased by tons of guys. That helps me a ton when I need to next.

• Like 1

I know that song, I have heard it before and I even had to sing it in Russian class. Doesn't mean I understand nearly anything, but still.

Game on.

Success?

Unfortunately she couldn't stay the night, she has a führer-like grandma and she promised to be home...

If I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing and feel like it was success as well; that being said, I can't help but feel that continuing things with a girl that said "let's just be friends" a day earlier won't end well.

That's just it though. A woman constantly changing her mind on whether or not she wants to be in a relationship with you just sounds terrible.

Although as I said, if I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing, so just try and learn from it I guess.

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Game on.

Success?

That's just it though. A woman constantly changing her mind on whether or not she wants to be in a relationship with you just sounds terrible.

Although as I said, if I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing, so just try and learn from it I guess.

That's one of the reasons why I think monogamy is a bad idea :P

77yLQy8.png

Honestly? Here's what I think the problem is:

The amount of effort and change people normally put into relationships < the amount of effort and change you put into making polyamory work < the amount of effort a successful monogamous relationship needs.

I've read a little bit on making (monogamous) relationships work, and there's a surprisingly large overlap between what I've seen there and what I've seen you say, muggi. Mostly in the realm of needing to improve yourself and making decisions based on a higher principle then emotions.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

True love can be achieved in monogamy, but to find 2 people that actually genuinely care about each other so much that they're willing to be accepting of each other no matter what life throws at them is simply a character trait that modern day society is lacking

True love can be achieved in monogamy, but to find 2 people that actually genuinely care about each other so much that they're willing to be accepting of each other no matter what life throws at them is simply a character trait that modern day society is lacking

Thankfully, we don't have to be limited by modern day society.

I sometimes feel like half the damn problem is wedding ceremonies and "they lived happily ever after" stories.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I remember a study once that found monogamy correlates with higher IQ. Just saying. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I remember a study once that found monogamy correlates with higher IQ. Just saying. 

There's a myriad of possible reasons for that though. Didn't you post an article talking about Muslim inbreeding causing a drop in IQ? Well polygamy is also accepted in Islam, those two may correlate without having a direct link. And I'd say that in higher classes of society (which shoud also correlate with IQ up to a point), polyamory would be much more frowned upon, because people's actions are much more under scrutiny there.

I'm pretty sure ANY inbreeding has a high chance for IQ to drop, for the obvious.

Popoto.~<3

And Internet Explorer market share correlates with murder rates
  • Like 3

Not directly related to this thread, but I don't feel like finding the right place to put it on reddit. A [female] friend of mine who has dated guys in the past has a girlfriend, which is not the issue. She more or less just brought it up in casual conversation (I asked about her sweatshirt which was similar to one she already had, said it was her girlfriend's). As it is relevant, she brings it up.

My problem is totally internal but I don't want to continue being weird (or at least I think I am?) - my brain had categorized her as straight and is having a hard time ignoring/changing my arbitrary label. I think it's mostly because I am not at a point where I have acceptably boxed myself in and so having other people being totally cool with their sexuality is weirding me out. Which makes no sense but there you go. I overthink everything and like having everything labelled nicely and logically.

Thoughts?

Sexuality is a fluid spectrum subject to change. Instead of labeling people as "straight" or "bi" just recognize that everyone is sexual and appreciate what they are attracted to in humans. Some people are attracted to features, personalities or more commonly gender. But not necessarily any of those things.

Best advice I can give for that is just spend more time around people who are attracted to different things and have differing sexualities. I tell dudes to spend more time around women they're not trying to sleep with all the time, especially when they need help getting past the whole Nice Guy proprietary view of women's sexuality. Hang out with them, participate in conversations about sex with them, get more comfortable with the idea that everyone (well almost everyone) has sexual desire and it manifests in completely unique ways.

For example last night my original plans fell through so I ended up hanging out with my recent ex and some of her friends and helped coach two of them through text flirting and body language. I've done the same thing with guy friends of mine. I'm totally cool with taking on the Gay Best Friend role despite being pretty much completely straight myself. It's a label, but it's meaningless.

p2gq.jpg

Sexuality is a fluid spectrum subject to change. Instead of labeling people as "straight" or "bi" just recognize that everyone is sexual and appreciate what they are attracted to in humans. Some people are attracted to features, personalities or more commonly gender. But not necessarily any of those things.

True, I label myself as a hetero-monolithic-ultracrepicidian-neo-liberal-nycto-sexual.

• Like 2

Luck be a Lady

And Internet Explorer market share correlates with murder rates

I never said it was conclusive, nor I think did the authors.

Not directly related to this thread, but I don't feel like finding the right place to put it on reddit. A [female] friend of mine who has dated guys in the past has a girlfriend, which is not the issue. She more or less just brought it up in casual conversation (I asked about her sweatshirt which was similar to one she already had, said it was her girlfriend's). As it is relevant, she brings it up.

My problem is totally internal but I don't want to continue being weird (or at least I think I am?) - my brain had categorized her as straight and is having a hard time ignoring/changing my arbitrary label. I think it's mostly because I am not at a point where I have acceptably boxed myself in and so having other people being totally cool with their sexuality is weirding me out. Which makes no sense but there you go. I overthink everything and like having everything labelled nicely and logically.

Thoughts?

We've had the whole thing about fluid sexuality bla bla, and this is not only true, but especially true in females, who are a lot more flexible than men. This is all from long ago, but if I remember right female sexuality is influenced by the menstrual cycle and there are periods in the cycle when women veer towards finding "feminine" traits more attractive, even in men - so it's not hard to imagine a "straight" woman going a little further and getting a girlfriend. Women only need to be attracted to men when they're fertile; men, ever fertile, tend to be more solidly hetero or homo. Again, this is not hard scientific fact, but it's one of many contending and maybe valid views (again, I may be remembering wrongly). 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I've gotta say, this last month has been my biggest eye opener yet.

It really is that simple.

Girls want it as much or even more.

Touching works.

Being a Nice Guy, but making the 2 correct moves works.

Sometimes chemistry comes from the most unexpected places.

Everybody worries.

And when you are young enough, stuff eventually comes naturally, if you let it come.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I don't lick elbows or hair.

How can you even lick hair and wtf even??

Now about them boobs...

It's like a cheat code. So effective.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Yeah it really is like a cheat code.

When you start getting into relationships, you'll find that going radio silent with girls who are being unpleasant is another cheat code :D

77yLQy8.png

whats the boob cheat code?

Up down up down left right left right (start) (select)

• Like 7

Luck be a Lady