Da_Latios

"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

I don't think any of us assumed you considered dating

And I got out of that situation. We both did. We never hung out alone. I'm surprised that self control doesn't come standard with you people

Self control doesn't "come standard" with anyone. It's something that you have to constantly work at.

Just my opinion, but if you got to the point where you were actively discussing being in a relationship with another woman, you didn't have anywhere near a sufficient amount of self control.

Eh, I'd agree with you here if it wasn't for the fact that they were just on a trip together. I think a lot of people would use the trip as an opportunity to cheat and then somehow convince themselves that it "doesn't matter" or "doesn't count." Since it's impossible for him to really stay in contact with her, and he never actually made any moves or anything like that, I don't really see anything wrong here-- no lapse of self-control imo. It'd be different if he was acting this way towards a girl that he works with or frequently comes into contact with, but I imagine such a situation would never occur in the first place due to self-control. In other words, I think they both understood that there was no chance of anything real actually happening between them since they were just on a trip together.

BUT, with that said, I won't be surprised if this has some subtle effects (for better or for worse) on Gabe's relationship now that he has proof that women besides his girlfriend would like to have him as a boyfriend.

Certainly he did exhibit self control, but it seems as though it was more "the opportunity not being right" than anything.

Directly acknowledging your feelings for someone is a big step...and that doesn't come without a lot of flirting and shared intimacy, which is what should have been avoided.

As for the effect on his current relationship, that's up to how he acts.

I think some of you are really reading into this too much. Like way too much.

We weren't really actually considering doing anything either. We didn't consider dating. We just acknowledged the fact that we were compatible.

I Only did it because it was the end of the trip and I speak my mind. It has no effect on my relationship and I already know I can get other women. I was the guy surrounded by women during that trip. I'm also a sexy man :twss:

but did you have proof (not evidence) that other women want to be your girlfriend prior to this?

77yLQy8.png

What is the difference between proof and evidence?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

level of certainty

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I have had an off and on thing with a certain girl a few times over the course of the last seven years, beginning when we were in 8th grade. She went to a different school, about 20 min away. The on parts never lasted long, for various reasons. The last couple years, however have been very quiet on that front. We went to separate schools and haven't had much contact since, other than one lunch last summer. We went to a baseball game last night on a whim. We're both sort of coming out of break ups, which reinforced that we were just going as friends. After the game, we went to my high school's football field and walked the track for awhile. Long story short, things got a little more than friendly (which I should've seen coming but didn't). Anyway, I don't know how I feel about it, nor do I know what I want. I feel pretty emotionally unavailable currently, and she does as well, as far as I can tell. I just don't want to connect with someone right now. But I feel she's the one I'd make an exception for. On the way home, I told her I didn't want this to turn into anything big right away, and she was pretty understanding. I also told her that I didn't want to just go our separate ways again and not see each other for a year again. I think we are going to give it a shot, but not right away. My plan is to have fun the rest of summer, and then maybe see what she's up to come September.

Life, man.

Ditto to muggiw

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Treat her like a princess and you can feed her to a dragon later if you want

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Tell her to get out of your swamp

polvCwJ.gif

Treat her like a princess and you can feed her to a dragon later if you want

Best quote ever.

Matched with my roommates ex girlfriend on tinder. I think I'm gonna do it

Do you still live with them? Cause that could get weird

Yes. Yes I do. He is gone for the summer, though. Plus he's got a new boo thang

Ehhh id still advise caution

Sounds like a potential threesome

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Wussed out and didn't go through with it. Or maybe developed a conscience. Something happened.

probably the right decision. theres plenty of girls out there who wont cause you drama :lol:

@muggi

Met a girl from OP at a party last night, gonna hang out with her Sunday. She goes to school at Miz, I wonder how often she gets shit for being from KS

Saw Trainwreck tonight. Funny movie but

[hide]

It ended exactly as I predicted it would (unfortunately). The main character who grows up thinking that monogamy is unrealistic ends up settling down with the nice guy and the movie ends while they're still both wildly in love with each other. After their big fight before they predictably reunite at the end, she even tells her married sister "I'm broken. I need help. I'm afraid of commitment and the only reason I'm not settling down is because I'm afraid to. Please help me!" Ugh lol. Aside from the jokes, the movie's a gold mine full of misinformation about stuff like that. At one point she "romantically" tells the nice guy "I guess all this partying and casual sex with lots of dudes has just been practice for the big event. Now it's time for the real thing with you!" Yeah I'm sure she won't ever cheat on him or get bored of him... :|

[/hide]

77yLQy8.png

sounds like a trainwreck

polvCwJ.gif

Today I broke up with my long term girlfriend :lol:

Today I broke up with my long term girlfriend :lol:

Already gotten your dick wet with a new hussy?